If somebody copies your blog here is what you should do?

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

There was a big thread today regarding plagarism.  The blogger apolozied and that was it.  It was simple because the original content provider was not known.  But what happens if your blog is being copied.  

Remember to copy mean Ctrl V and not taking an idea and puting it ones own words.  If somebody has copied your material go to this page

https://support.google.com/bin/static.py?hl=en&ts=1114905&page=ts.cs

fill all the relevant fields and google will take that page down.  If somebody copies multiple content from your blog file separate complaint for each article and google will take the blog down.

How to check for plagarism.  This tool helps you find whether your material is copied, but you have search where it is copied.

http://smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/

And remember if your material is copied you have to take action because inaction only makes the plagarist bolder.

IndiPolice sorry for putting the links but this is one news every blogger should know

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending

Thanks for the links..

But what if the blogger is not in Google's blogger platform and running a self hosted website ??

Secondly, reporting google is not enough as what I know is that Google will carry out one autometic investigation in which they may or may not remove the mentioned link out from index. Incase the URL in question is having Web Master tools account, he / she will receive a notification there, some steps in which he / she has to certify that the said content is his / her own work and that is it..

Unless a single URL gets many (not sure how many, as some say 25 some say 50) complains or Google receive any official complain with copyright proof (hard documents) they dont remove just like that Cry

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hunky my content was copied by a blogger so I came to know the process.  Re self hosted website I really dont know the process.  and regarding complaints only a copyright holder can make a DCMA complaint so there is no question of 25 30 complaints.   

Here is what google did with my complaint, it asked the blogger(fortunately it was a blogspot) to remove the content which he did not so Google banned the entrie website on ToS reasons.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

@Vijay

I specificly asked about self hosted content Cry

Janmejai Pratap Singh
from Varanasi
10 years ago

You can complaint to the hositing provider,however every hosting company has it's own policy and it depends on them what type of action they will take.Their are some Hosting providers who take the complaints seriously and take some action and some other ignore it.

As i am 99% sure that hosting provider will not take action.their is an second way  and that is to complaint to google and remove the copied article from appearing in search result.For this Visit the link shared by TS and naviagte Web Search>I have a legal issue that is not mentioned above>I have found content that may violate my copyright.

However this will end here https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/dmca-notice?&rd=1 and you will have to fill this form.

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

thanks Vijay for sharing an useful aspect... these things are really hard to treat & cure Undecided

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Anunoy A small way of helping fellow bloggers becoz I have been thru it.  @Hunky i din get u

Vaikunth
Vaikunth
from Chennai
10 years ago

great. This should be a permanent post.

Ankita
Ankita
from New Delhi
10 years ago

thanks for sharing it :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread