How to decide advertising rates for side banner and header ads on a blog?

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Hey friends, I'm currently getting a few emails from some advertisers/fellow blog owners..they want to show their ads on my blog...the ads are harmless and bound with Google's policies...I'm just little bit confused about the rates...so I need your help on that... Here are the details of my blog Daily hits-1k Daily Unique visitors-600-700 Search Traffic-80% Blog followers- 18k+ (combining all social media profiles and email lists) Need rate suggestions for these ad positions: header banner (medium): Side banner above the fold (300*250) Side banner below the fold (300*250) Side banner (125*125) (both above+below the folds) Please help as soon as possible
Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending

What ever you do, don't go for long term contracts Tongue out..

Try for monthly or at max quarterly renewal policy Wink, so that with increase of visit and growth of the blog, you get the chance to renew the pricing and try out different advertiser also.

Start with minimal payouts Tongue out

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Yeah I was thinking the same thing..I won't go for long term contacts..by the way any idea about the rates? Minimal as such? For a month or a quarter?
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Aditya, the best place to start with is BuySellAds. Look at the rates offered by different websites. Look at which ads got sold. Fix your price based on that data. Smile

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Okay thanks...I'll check that..but it's hard to find a blog in my niche in bsa...the impressions of my blog are not that much higher like the listed blogs in bsa...can you provide me ur personal opinion about the rates?
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I'm very weak at giving such estimates. On an other thread, a blogger asked me to give an estimate at which others may buy his blog. I asked for all details and finally realised that I'm bad at giving such rates. Sealed

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Oh I see...itz okk...I'm v much confused about the rates..hope someone will be able to help me out
Number-Four
Number-Four
from Rajkot
10 years ago

First of i don't think genui company contract with you in 1k impression.first find all the details about advertiser.Advertising direct with blog is pretty good idea,becuase it's cpm,cpc rate are too good compare to adsense also...:D but genui company only contribute their ads with high pagerank and alexa ranked site

LockSign in to reply to this thread