Category wise page is not updated with posts automatically

Partha Sadhukhan
Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I have a blog in wordpress. I have created four pages with four different categories with the intent that these pages are populated with appropriate post from my blog.

Question is -

1. Do I need to manually update posts in these pages based on categories? Or is there any setting that can help us.

I am not able to find anything. Please help.

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Partha Sadhukhan
Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi Thanks for your reply. My posts are appearing in correct categories, but I have created different pages for each category, and my posts don't appear in those pages. But I can visit them through Category cloud. Does this mean - I need to remove the pages that I have created separately.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Man! You are on a roll. I found you all over the place on Blog Adda Forums and now here too.

Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

You have any problem with me being on Blogadda?

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Just an observation. Saw some 2-3 threads here and your name looked familiar. Then remembered seeing your name on 9-10 threads on Blogadda.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Do you want something which will list the posts filed under a particular category? If yes, install this plugin and in your page include the following line:

[catlist name="category-name"]

I don't know if it's available for wordpress.com blogs. Undecided

Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Great Ranjith. Thanks

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing.

Partha Sadhukhan
Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Oh..I have started blogging for fun..looks like so many technicalities involved. Adding - 'Read More' Manually sounds tedious, so will go for plugin. Pls let me know how to instal plugin too, I have downloaded a few plugins but don't know how to instal them. :(

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Wordpress Editor comes with "Read More" by deault, you just need to place your cursor where you need to insert the read more link, and bam you are done! Publish the post, go to your home page and you are can see it there.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

The highlighted one...

WP Menu

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Or simply, you can just put this code in your HTML view - <!--more-->

Blogging is fun, but if you are looking for a good blog with many more readers, thats where promotion and all the technicalities get involved. 

Else, you can just do whatever you like and dont bother viewership :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread