Sudden decrease in my Blog Traffic

Abhay
Abhay
from Wardha, India
10 years ago

Hello Experts,

I am experiencing a sudden drop in my blog traffic to almost none. Although I did not have many visitors reading my blog earlier but the count has gone down substantially between yesterday and today.  Google search also is not retrieving my blog entry searched by blog title, I used to get it earlier.

A couple of days back, I had enrolled and submitted my blogs to some public forums like Blogadd, Buzzerhunt, blogflux etc. Infact, I had published their links on my blog. After browsing google a bit, I thought this could be one of the reasons and hence I have removed my blog submission and their links from my blog. Not sure, if this is the only reason for a sudden decrease in traffic. 

I have checked Google webmaster crawl stat. The last entry is 23rd Oct - 1 page crawled. 

Did anyone experience such issue before? How to get it to normal? Is there a way to know if at all google penalised me and/or if I'm blacklisted :(

P.S: I'm very new to SEO and Blog writing. I do understand that to get good traffic flow, I need to produce fresh and original content.

Appreciate your comments.

Thanks,

Abhay

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: Removed the link
Replies 1 to 12 of 12 Descending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Hello Abhay, please remove the link to your blog first. We can always navigate to your blog via your IB profile page.

Regarding the data, I don't think you need to worry a lot due to that change in the traffic pattern an a day to day basis. If this had been a case over a period of time, it would have been some thing to worry, but, I don't think there's a need to worry about the daily page views too much. This is perfectly normal, so, you don't need to worry a lot on that. I have a more than 7 months old blog that, on some days registers only 5-10 visits, and even lower on some days, so, no worries. Keep up the good work and you'll see the traffic back to normal again.Smile

Abhay
Abhay
from Wardha, India
10 years ago

Thanks for your reply, CyberKID.

I have removed the links already. I agree that there are going to be variable traffic and one shouldn't be too concerned about it.

Btw, What I wanted to also understand Is Could this be one of the the reasons for decrease in number of hits? In other words, Do Google penalise if we promote other public links from blogposts or submit/register the blog links in other forums?

Thanks

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hey Abhay your blog is not at all indexed by either google or bing so you have no visitors other then your friends.  Have you signed up and submitted sitemaps in Google Webmaster tools Innocent

Abhay
Abhay
from Wardha, India
10 years ago

Hi Vijay.

Yes, I have submitted the sitemaps in both Google and Bing.

GWT shows '7 URLs indexed' under sitemap.

However, 'Total indexed' field under 'Index Status' shows 0.

I also have fetch status  showing as successful on Fetch as Google page - 'URL and linked pages submitted to Index'

Bing also shows the sitemap as success.

Is there anything else I need to do, something I am missing still?

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I fail to see any reason for Google not indexing your blogInnocent Atleast the primary page should be indexed which is not being done Surprised

You can sign up here > https://www.attracta.com/signup/?cob*****d=6 submit your sitemaps and test whether you have been penalized 

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Unless ofcourse you have disabled the search option in the blogger settings or put a robots.txt files which doesnt let search engines track you.  Kindly check on those

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Can Hummingbird update be the culprit here? Innocent

PS: I know that this latest update is for organic content and not for random keywords inserted, and so I didn't think it would impact any personal blog.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Nope PM Hummingbird update is for key sentences from keywords Innocent.  The primary blog xxx.blogspot.in or com should be visible in Google search however in the case of TS its not happening Tongue out

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Which explains why! Google is yet to fully index your blog, and you will need to continue pumping in more content and keep it updated. 

First, authorize Google+ authorship - this gives added weightage, where Google confirms that the posts are written by an verified author who exists. For example, check this link and you will see my blog link with my G+ picture below. 

Second, approach as many blogs as possible and give your geniune comments - read and comment, dont just comment "nice blog, visit mine" types.. 

Third, look http://www.google.com/zeitgeist/ for what people search for and the popular keywords.. then work to create content that fits and give it time. It takes time to build up the network and networth in Google terms. This way you can improve your search performance. 

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

OOps! So many responses while I was typing could make this a bit complex to understand what I am referring to. 

Yes, I have submitted the sitemaps in both Google and Bing.

GWT shows '7 URLs indexed' under sitemap.

However, 'Total indexed' field under 'Index Status' shows 0.

Rajesh K
Rajesh K
from Chennai
10 years ago

Keep adding more content and wait for sometime. Traffic will pick up automatically. Also, don't link to unrelated sites/pages. 

Abhay
Abhay
from Wardha, India
10 years ago

@Indianomics - SDTT confirms the authorship, although my profile pic is not getting displayed which is some other issue. (have already complained abt it in product forum)

The reason I started this thread is I was getting my blog listed in the search result (without my pic:)) couple of days back and now I am not.

Abhay
Abhay
from Wardha, India
10 years ago

@Vijay - Thanks. Checked in attracta, site is not being blocked by Google.

My blog is less than a month old. I guess, as you all have pointed out I need to keep on adding more content and wait and watch.

Thank you all for your valuable feedback.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Just to be certain check the following

go to blogger settings > basic > blog reader = It should be public

blogger settings >  basic > Privacy = it should be listed on blogger and visible to all search engines

blogger settings > search preferences > custom robots = disabled and custom robot header tags = disabled

Abhay
Abhay
from Wardha, India
10 years ago

Yes, set to exactly what you have mentioned.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ok your blog should be visible by Monday on search enginesSmile  

LockSign in to reply to this thread