Locked Votes Logic on IndiVine

I voted once, but the vote count increased by 2 points. Is that a bug?No, that's a feature of IndiVine. The IndiVine voting system is integrated with IndiRank, where a vote for a higher ranking blog gets more weightage. Take for example the blog gujiligalaba.blogspot.com having an IndiRank of 55. Every vote for posts from this blog will have a value of (1 + .55 = 1.55). Votes are rounded off for display. All fresh entries on IndiVine start at 0 votes, regardless of the IndiRank.

1.55 when rounded off would be 2 or 1?

I think every vote coming from a blog having an IndiRank greater than 50 should count as 2 votes. Is this a correct understanding of the logic?

Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Descending
Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

no idea...

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Never thought about this :|

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

NSV anyone who has a Indirank above 80(as per my knowledge) gets 2 points for one vote and that is good I think (remember distinction grade in older times)

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Wow. I didn't know anything about this. I thought 1 Vote = 1 Vote. Still good to know!

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

NSV it isn't a bug... Read this >>

http://www.indiblogger.in/faqs.php Smile

I voted once, but the vote count increased by 2 points. Is that a bug?

No, that's a feature of IndiVine. The IndiVine voting system is integrated with IndiRank, where a vote for a higher ranking blog gets more weightage. Take for example the blog gujiligalaba.blogspot.com having an IndiRank of 55. Every vote for posts from this blog will have a value of (1 + .55 = 1.55). Votes are rounded off for display. All fresh entries on IndiVine start at 0 votes, regardless of the IndiRank.

Then Read this>>

This part IU totally didn't understand too :((

Take for example the blog gujiligalaba.blogspot.com having an IndiRank of 55. Every vote for posts from this blog will have a value of (1 + .55 = 1.55). Votes are rounded off for display. All fresh entries on IndiVine start at 0 votes, regardless of the IndiRank.

Innocent

But I think Vijay is right...

So, I also assume that if the IndiRank of the blogger changes in the next cycle, the previous votes given by him will continue to have the same vote count when he actually voted for it. I saw for a couple of my posts in IndiVine and >80 logic seems to be working.

Though for a blogger who has 2 blogs one with an IndiRank>80 and other <80 I don't kow how it would work Innocent

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

The one with > 80 will get two points per vote and the other with <80 will get only one Cool

NSV you should also note that the votes also have a weightage in Indirank and Indirank has a weightage in votes. 

So will I get 3 votes in that case?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Innocent

My question is I registered 2 blogs on my profile with Indiranks say 99 (Hypothetical Tongue out) and 79 and I voted for your post. So how many votes will you get from my vote?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

You are getting it all wrong, if you vote for me I will get 2 votes as combo has Indirank of 85 but if I vote for you on your 99 IR blog you will get 2 votes while if I vote for you on your 78IR blog you will get one vote.  The 80 cutoff needs to be confirmed though, somebody explained it to me on Indichat quite a while back 

My blog has an IndiRank of 67. So, lets just assume that 80 cut off is true. Then, I should never have 2 votes from any of my voters. But that is not the case. I sometimes get 2 votes and sometimes get only 1. Sorry if I'm confusing you or wasting your time Frown

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

OK I understood your hypothesis, let me try it out.  If I vote for you, you should get two votes as per your deduction and one as per mine right.  Trying it outCool

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ok what you are saying is true, when I voted you got two votes Tongue out but then I am confused about what will happen if I vote for your >80 blog

For that I need to get an IndiRank of over 80 or you have to vote for a different blogger having Indirank>80 

DS
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Indivine votes do not depend on the Indirank of those who vote. It depends on your own Indirank. If your blog has an Indirank of 67 then when your post receives one vote it becomes 1.67 which is rounded to 2. When you receive the next vote, its 1.67*2 = 3.34 which is rounded to 3. When you receive the next vote, 1.67*3 = 5.01 which is rounded to 5. So while you get 2 points when the first person votes you get only 1 when you get the second vote and 2 again when the 3rd person votes. Similarly consider a person with an Indirank of 87.. 1st vote - 1.87 = 2. 2nd vote - 1.87*2 = 3.74 rounded to 4. 3rd vote - 1.87*3 = 5.61 rounded to 6. In a nutshell, a person with an Indirank of 55 will stand on 155 when 100 people vote for his post. A person with an Indirank of 67 will stand on 167 when 100 people vote for his post. And a blog with Indirank of 85 will stand on 185 points when 100 people vote for his post. And Indirank changes do not affect past points, they remain the same. And there is no such 80 Indirank cut off thingy.
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

DS - I just replied above that I had no idea about this. Thank you for the detailed explanation. 

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

That makes sense, thanks DS

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Wow! All my doubts evaporated in thin air! Thanks for the detailed info DS Laughing

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Welcome all!

Thanks DS. This makes perfect sense. Smile

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
My pleasure NSV!
DS
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
NSV can we now lock the thread since the doubt has been cleared?

Yes 

LockThis topic is locked.