Migration from blogger to WordPress- Why should I ?

Jupiter Alappat
Jupiter Alappat
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi people,

I am Jupiter Alappat , I own a blog called sonaby-tech.blogspot.in . I am getting very less views as compared to my friends wordpress blog. He suggested me to migrate my blog to wordpress so that I can have more views and make decent income from it.

So , Just want to check with you guys Is it really necessary this migration?

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I don't think that migrating to wordpress will have a drastic effect your traffic / income.

The following are the reasons why your friend might have suggested the migration:

Traffic - SEO - You can customise title tags and meta descriptions. ( I feel that this won't have much effect )

Income - You can use plugins which will place your ads in between the blog post thereby increasing CTR.

Laughing

DS
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Hi Jupiter, please remove your blog link from the thread description. Its not allowed. And as Ranjith said, migrating will have no effect on the traffic.
Anz Joy
Anz Joy
from Kerala
10 years ago

Hi Jupiter

I wonder if migration would change your page viwes.

Traffic is all depended on content and SEO (Serach Engine Optimization).Yep for the second one ,you need to be a little tech savy.

I can help you with SEO.DO let me know if you need my service

Jupiter Alappat
Jupiter Alappat
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi DS, I was not knowing that mentioning URL is not allowed here. sorry for that..And Thanks for your information.

Anz, Hello.. I have tried to learn SEO basics but did not understand the concept. Let me know how you will be able to help me out?

Ranjith- Even I thought the same, how is it possible just because of migrating Im gonna get more views..Let it be, for now im not gonna move anywhere..

Last night I got adsense approval from Google..!! Now it is in under second approval (It showing a red tag top of my adsense account). Please tell me now what I need to do to set up  my adsense account..

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Jupiter See point #3 on this page.

You should add the ad code in a HTML gadget to your blog. 

Charan A.C
Charan A.C
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@Jupiter - Adsense does 2 levels of reviews now. You will see ads only if your blog clears the 2nd level.                  

Like Ranijith said you can add code in HTML gadget or you can directly add Adsense gadget in blogger.             

On a side note - Google will not approve blogs whose domain age is lesser than 6 months.

LockSign in to reply to this thread