early bird anamoly, Resolved amicably, thanks inditeam.

latest earlybird prize announcement, had anamoly in wording. I think wording in contests should be explicit. people get led to stress themselves on a sureshot prize, later to know a different meaning embedded in it. let your views pour in friends. 

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: Solved
Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending

It wasn't me only, there have been many others. early bird means in a sense first 20 valid entries. wording in contests ought to be explicit.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

but for others like me knew its like indi patani which happened in past too...just name was changed....indi patanni also means early bird or those who posts earlier, were u aware of that?

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

If someone is in doubt, then they should consult me. Cool

for what? getitng more confused? InnocentTongue out

It is a step for real early birds to get their worth. If there is a doubtful statement, why should innocent blogger suffer.
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

its not doubtful..they just changed indi patani name into its english name early bird...which means same....explained so many times yet you've not understood Innocent

ND, I just want to know the plain english of 20 early bird prizes and peole opting for them. Where does the word merit fit in there. Why some feel that prizes were on luck itself. Suppose you considered to post for atleast an earlybird, what mistake did you do.
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

I didnt say anything abt merit/luck...all i said early bird is same like indi patanis that we had...nobody complained then did they Innocent

You didn't say the merit issue, but it was raised by people. Salient thing is that our voice has reached the ears and we may get what we deserve afterall.
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

ok good then...congrats in advance

Thanks and cheers,
Aditya Jha
Aditya Jha
from New Delhi, India
10 years ago

Agreed it was a little confusing. I myself submitted an entry in some 20-30 odd minutes post the contest was announced. 

Hypertheticaly saying, if in case of a contest where only 1 entry per person is allowed and such confusion is created which results in bloggers submitting their post in a hurry to win the vouchers and in this process, do not emphasize on 'content' and 'quality' and instead on how quickly they can submit their posts, it will certainly be unfair on that blogger. 

Thanks Aditya, +1000 for it. Very well said.
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

in all IB contests...multiple entries are allowed...so how it is unfair?

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I get the point of the people who wrote the post and feel they are wronged, I belong to them but can't get the point why some are against early bird winners even when we all except the fact that all good entries with "merit" should get it.

ND, I am unable to explain my point to you. Or you are turning a deaf ear to it. Earlybird prizes when announced should have contained the words like "all posts that are posted within such and such time frame will be judged on quality and best 20 ones from those will be awarded prizes. When no such words are given and just 20 earlybirds get the prize, then the speed thinking, writing comes into play and those speedy writers should not be denied the cake, that is my simple point.
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

rio...my reply was to aditya's hypothesis above

and for ur early bird or whatever, why u didnt complain during indi patanis, i wonder...those were early birds too....anyways nevermind perhaps you turn a deaf ear to that...lolSmile

Frankly and sincerely ND, i didn't know what the word indi pattani means in dictionary sense. I just took it as a category of award for posts that either pataofied indi, or indi was impressed or pataofied by it. Now when you clarified yesterday I came to know earlybird and indipatani means the same, and if they do mean the same then the real earlybirds of those posts who had understood the meaning of idipattani like you and hurriedly posted then. I had not understood it as earlybird and not opted for that slot in those contests. Had I known then. That time can not come back again.
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

first time indi patani was introduced last year...this link was given too explaining the meaning and it generally means those who posts first in everything hence early birds >> http://samosapedia.com/entries/15263/enthu_pattani

so those who are aware of indi patanis generally know its another name for early bird...so i was wondering why all these hooohaaaa now

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Nandini - i think there will be people like me who were not there when "indi patani" was announced. There would be many who took the contest as it was and didn't went to the history books of Indiblogger to find the meaning of that term. lol, I think I would have to ask for a "Indictionary" now...nice word isn't it? CoolTongue out

I missed that and I don't know kow I did miss that and miss on the sure prizes. No point lamenting now for lost cakes. Now this hoo haa is because we do not want our efforts to be washed away down the drain.
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

I had heard Indipattani, but thought Indipattani is some sponsor who sponsored the early bird prizes.Foot in mouth

Just now looked up for meaning of Pattani, 'bird'. Does 'Indi' mean 'early'?Innocent 

If yes, then Wondering if 'Indiblogger' would mean 'early blogger'? Innocent- a bloogger who writes early, at 3 am in the morning.Undecided

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

saket...dont think so muchTongue out...they just changed the 'enthu' to indi just to sync with indiblogger....meaning remains same as that link

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

ND, got it nowSmile

Saket Kalikar
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Thanks Rio for this thread Cool. You voiced concerns of a good large number of people. Your efforts seems to have worked. SmileLooks like an early bird from Indi would clarify soon.

Hope the clarification comes early enough.Undecided

Yo bro. Lets hope for the best.
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Things are getting really smelly.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Add ambi pur in the heater Cool

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

lol@r

20 hearts mending in progress,
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Some hot water coming up from Renie to douse burning hearts.

Saket Kalikar
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

I don't know, but the suspense on this early bird thing, game me a difefrent kind of high.Smile

People writting at 3 am, some skipping breakfast (Ekta) , and some (opportunists) like me skipping bath, would not have happened. Somwhow, enjoyed the suspense. 

I may vow to not bathe until we all get our 1k, as stipulated.
Let's see how many ayys for or nayys against it.
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Rio, as long as you don't stink online, what difference would it make to anyone if you have a bath or not! InnocentTongue outLaughingCool

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

rio u wont be able to prove u bathed or not and no one will go to ur village to check either

Well, ND, I can have camera's installed and all can see me live on a link like bigboss, if this helps. FP, it should make a differance in my life at least.
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Yes Pankti - If Rio does not bath for a 15 days and his wife files for divorce and takes away half his wealth, then he can file a court case against Indiblogger seeking compensation. Indi has to choose between giving Rio 1000 Rs now or Crores of Rupees later to compensate for financial loss and mental agony.

@ the fool, bro, somethings one should let destiny take it's course. We are just simple humanbeings.
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

@Rio, I meant what difference will it make to anyone you know in your online life, for ex. IBers Undecided Of course in real life, people will start running away from you if you don't have regular showers LaughingCool

@TF, Tongue out

Who can run away from me, @ FP, who is not afraid of his life.
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

@Rio, SurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprised

Sorry, typo, read life, as wife,
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

That is ok, Rio. We know both are same for you.

Hehehe, yo, reminded me of my younger brother planning to go to laddakh in self drive with his wife in open jeep from delhi, And I had strongly opposed the idea.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

court case thing sounds interesting Cool I want a share in it Money mouth

then u too stop bathing

Ranjith, for that first step would be to marry, then the later parts,
Accolades and three cheers to the inditeam, on such wonderful gift showerings. Hip hip hurray,
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Yes Rio, the excitement in conetst is back!Cool

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Yes, great work by Inditeam. Very well resolved Laughing

Simply Bogus
Simply Bogus
from Bogus island
10 years ago