Latest fad of One cr. for everyone by reknowned actor,

Is this a mere gimmick or something substantial. Will those millions being added every minute into the family are also entitled for the one cr. or the consensus is over and done with as of now. Let's pursue a healthy discussion. People go on to say un beleivable things to cash in on poor public. Every minute lacs are born, unlimited infiltration via loose border, etc. Did they take into account all these factors aswell in their calculations. Or they just wanted to grab attention and say something. What repurcussions do we see of such loose words on indian scene.
Edited 10 years ago
Reason: Prompt
Replies 1 to 12 of 12 Descending

I didnt get even a bit of the topic. Innocent

I hope ranjith knows of it and he can throw some light
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I don't know anything about Hindi shows Undecided

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
10 years ago

okay, so I am glad I am not the only one with the same thought!

The actor says each and every indian should have one cr. Where has it gone.

OK so u were talking about SMJ. No comments there Smile

Yo, smj, you got it right. They want to sell one cr. fad now
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

sathyamevajayathe? Innocent

Yes, one cr. of each and every citizen
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Now, someone tell me what is it all about? Innocent

Each and every citizen of india should have 1 cr. according to the show organizers and aamir khan. Where did it go.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I think they were joking WinkTongue out

God knows bro. But aamir is one man I should count upon.
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I know sm1 who has 7700 crores...atleast 7700 Indians can benefit from him :P

But will he give, i can give 50% back to him, a token of appreciation
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

He has joined politics for serving people...he can do this much atleast WinkLaughing

DS
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Please shorten the thread title so that it can make some sense. Now a part of it is getting cut out and hence its not clear what you want us to discuss. Also elaborate a bit in the description part if you can so all can heartily participate in the discussion! :)
Done DS,
Bhargav Kesavan
Bhargav Kesavan
from New York City
10 years ago

If he were a Chinese citizen, govt would have got the 7,700 cr Cool Being a Democratic country anyone can say anything!

But, Rio - When he says so, did he not say why a common man doesn't have 1 cr? Hw would have said some facts on how one can have 1cr?

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

That's right...people who join politics for serving people...end up making their own wealth double instead of giving away their wealth...He could easily fund hundreds of schools and colleges with his money but he wants to have power, he is not interested in social service.

Bhargav Kesavan
from New York City
10 years ago

In NNK's case, he seems to have donated Rs 400 Crores for various charities, he is not completely transformed as a Politicians, Though there are some signs now and then (Wearing a 'Topi/Cap' in Muslim meetings and claiming for reservations in private sector), but what I want to know from Rio is what was the reasons the organizers or aamir said for a common man to have 1 cr!

Saket Kalikar
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

I have stopped watching Satyamev Jayate for this reason only. I found it giving oversimplified solutions for complex problems, which I was unable to digest. Undecided

Now I sit in balcony and watch birds during SMJ time.Smile

I too abstain it, saket, but ads of them come up, and mind gets diverted.
knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Mr.Actor takes around 3cr to host one episode of SMJ and makes these kind of jokes on national TV

True, knitha, all political gimmicks they are resorting.
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

NNK ? Nicotine-derived nitrosamine ketone ? Innocent

I think Nandan Nilekani

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I think Aamir is the only actor who does things out of his own conviction rather than profit and thinks about something for this country.  I havent seen this Sundays episode so wont comment on it.  But the issues he has raised are being implemented in a small way which can go a long way for the common good of this country.  Remember the first episode and the two finger test, well the govt has taken initiatives to ban it.  This would not have been possible if Mr.Khan would not have brought it to the National televisionCool

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/new-government-guidelines-ban-insensitive-two-finger-tests-on-rape-survivors-491106

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Valid point and what I have read he doesn't take money for the social causes and even if he does this is his work and he isn't promoting corruption. Smile

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Time to wake up this thread. It shouldn't die out without ample discussions taking place. We all have something to put forth on this front.

Agree with Vijay to an extent. I won't say whether Amir is an actor who's been doing all the good stuff or the others are not, but, yes, I'd agree that his work, and the last season of SMJ did a good job, even though it was a bubble which had to burst because of the government inactivity and deep rooted corruption, but it did a good job, and I hope most of you agree with this.

Maybe, things happening, after the episodes were aired were co-incidences, and the works on the legislations had been in place for long, but, still, the timings of these legislations to come out of the papers and drafts and see the light of the day makes me believe that the episodes have been quite thought provoking like with the last seasons airing of episode on Manual Scavenging, we got law to legally abolish it. Then with the episode regarding the generic drugs, a number of drugs have seen a reduction in their prices, like for example, a Schedule H drug that my dad has been prescribed (missing a single dosage of which is such lethal that it can cause life threatening situation), which he started buying for around Rs. 60-65 when he started it around 25 years ago, the price of which rose to Rs. 265 around 2-3 years back, suddenly declined and came down to only Rs. 150.

Similarly, the first episode of this season, saw abolishing of the much debated two finger test, and adoption of alternative scientific methods for such testing. I won't comment on other episodes this season, because, honestly, I didn't watch any of them because I didn't find the time to watch.

So, as I can comprehend, the episodes and issues brought up by the SMJ team, I believe they are doing a great job with highlighting so many issues we common people face in our everyday lives. I mean, there are hundreds of issues which are there but not all of us know about, so, atleast with the help of this programme, we get to know about these issues. I'd like to ask, how many of us ever knew about the two finger test? Or how many of us ever bothered about the manual scavenging practices that were prevalent even at the New Delhi Railway station around a couple of years back, and we could see people walking in and collecting with their hands, at times bare hands, what we don't even want too see, and we so proudly flush down the western-styled lavatories (as are called by Indian Railways) - we, in our office call it takht-e-ta'oos Tongue out (don't want to piss off any Mughal successors, if any, among us), let alone collect and remove it?

As far as Amir charging Rs. 3 crores for each episode, I believe we don't question this when he takes an amount much higher than this for each film he does, do we? It's his job, and this is what he works for! He isn't there for doing charity, neither did he say or claim so, so, this is a plain sick remark that he's charging 3 crores for each episode. As one of out hindi proverb goes - Ghoda ghaas se dosti karega toh khayega kya? - translators and translitarators are much welcome for translating and transliterating this. Laughing

And even if they are giving out oversimplified resolutions for complex world problems, this is not their job. This is what the government, the parliament, the assemblies and the PM, MP's and MLA's, bureaucrats are for. Why are we paying them if we expect some actor to suggest solutions for our complex problems. 

+1 CK, very detailed and clear views. Yes, I do agree on awareness front, nothing could be said better. Everyone is hyping corruption and whatnot, but are they the root of all evils. If everyone had money will all the evil go away. By2020 we will be 1.5 billion in population. Cars are coming up on roads at alarming pace, trains are all jamm packed, our govt. has no agenda to strictly carry out policies. In the wake of all this where there is no dearth of issues, picking them up selectively, with an ulterior motive to just influence elections.

now the actor has organized and taken interview of aap leader arvind kejriwal. completely justifies his smj stunts to influence elections.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Really ? That's a surprise.

yes, just saw the link at fb. these are mutual benefit plans that go under the table. Laughing

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Will check it out Smile

Arindam Sarkar
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Mr Chirkut is certainly trying to influence the elections. When every media house is milking the political parties dry for airing their ads, why should he lag behind? Election is big business for the media! When reality tv is king, what bigger show can there be than the general elections? They even scheduled the IPL avoiding the counting date! Chirkut is a shrewd businessman first.
Thanks Arindam, very less people see between the lines. Mass beleive what a reknowned personality says. They should either be impartial, or if they want to support and stand for a party, why the hypocrisy? Say so explicitly and join hands. There is no stopping. They cleverly pick and choose issues. Is there any shortage of issues. Does he or any sane person not know the root cause and it's cure if it has to be done sincerely. They just want to beat around the bush.
Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Watched the show...it says don't vote for criminals and corrupt people. I don't think the show or the star has endorsed any party. Smile Laughing

May be, @gaurab.
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Rio -  Read a tweet right now :

Aamir khan said don't vote for corrupt people

Parties saying he is supporting xxx Wink

Is aamir or me or anyone, who is not corrupt in the present scenario.
Degree may vary. I remember a court case where a poor theif had pulled a fake gold chain and got caught. In the court of law, he was given punishment, though the chain was of nil value
If I was pm, i would legalize corruption and tax them.
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

The punishment is for stealing and it doesn't depend upon how much is the cost of that thing. I can't vouch for others but definitely for myself and people like me. 

Common man pays money to get his things done while these corrupt people take bribes.

This is not all the thousands of crores of public money which belong to the people of this country has been looted through various corruptions. 

Read #ADR reports you will get all the info.

Gaurab, the system is flawed and corruption is deep rooted thoroughly. No magic wand can remove it. Each people getting things done by bribery is equally corrupt dude. He has partnered in it.
I hope I was not harsh
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Rio - There are people who make this system like this to expoilt vulnerable people. Common man had no choice but to give bribe because as you said the whole system was corrupt.

Now if some people are trying to change it, least we can do is to encourage them if not support them.

I'm not talking about party, just google ADRSmile

Gaurab, since bribe giver is timid greedy soul, wanting some favors, and these people are afraid of minor rules, not like the merciless bribe takers. They try to extract everything they can. Now if bribe givers are arrested as well for their part of crime, all this will have deterrant effect. People will be afraid to give bribe then. Right now giver too has become bold enough to lure the officer of any dept.
Animesh
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I did not see the episode but heard that there was a list of corrupt people/criminals each party is contesting. This list was not available for one of the newly formed parties whose leader is in the run of PM's chair which means that the party has not given tickets to any such person. The irony is that one of the candidates of the party in question has been arrested by Police for the charge of Gang rape. Don't want to comment whether it's deliberate or a mistake; especially when Mr. Perfectionist Khan is the same person who advocates a hung parliament.

True Captain, When I see hypocrisy, I feel bad.
Arindam Sarkar
from Kolkata
10 years ago
If the list wasn't complete, then why bring it out? He could have published the list online. That would've meant loss of advertisement revenue.
Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Rio - I think you should read Indian law a little bit, It is already in our law that both bribe giver and taker are held guilty. I know most people don't know this but it's ok.

Secondly, it was found that this clause was becoming a road block in capturing the corrupt hence the sting was allowed where the vigilance dept. had to be informed before giving the bribe.

bribe giver is timid greedy soul

The rickshaw pullers who give bribe to the police

The auto drives to the traffic dept and police

Road side vendors and Shopkeepers to various govt officials

They don't even get proper food to eat and clothes to wear.

I am sorry i generalized the statement. There are exceptions always. My assertion was and is that once giver starts getting caught up and penalized, there will be havoc amongst givers and they will abstain giving on fear of getting caught. Right now giver is emboldened and fluently offers bribe. The law is there and I know of it. Since i am giver of bribe, i cry foul and want all arrested is hypocrisy. All guilty should be accounted. If i have availed berth by undue bribing and other genuine valid passenger suffered due to my bribery, i should get the punishment i deserve. I am poor and a bribe is seeked, i should knock the doors of govt. agencies. They are working better now a days.
The rickshaw puller And auto people that you are saying about here, can be termed under extortion not bribery. Bribery is always for a favor.
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Rio - I think you have never been to the villages of UP, bihar and other states in East India. The situation is not that ideal. People are killed and raped if they don't give the bribe. The councilor, administrators/officers and police are all hand in glove. I hope what you said becomes the truth one day but ground reality is not like that my friend. Smile 

Gaurab, i am in the remotest of villages. I know what I am talking about. I know I am unable to convince you. Bribery is rampant everywhere. What solution do you see my dear friend: hang all bribe takers, new ones will emerge from amongst us only. We cannot live without undue favors. We will give to get privileges. Why punish the taker solely.
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Rio - As I said it is already part of our law that both bribe giver and taker are held as guilty.

LockSign in to reply to this thread