How Frequently You Need To Update Your Blog Posts To Be In The Race ???

shudhrita
shudhrita
from kolkata
10 years ago

frequency of post update

Replies 1 to 13 of 13 Descending
Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
10 years ago

I usually update my blog once or twice in a month.

But, hey! which race are you talking about ? ;)

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Depends on the race and niche.

If you talking about blogs that have timeless content like programming tutorials etc which get most of their traffic from search engines, updating is hardly required.

If it is some tech / news blog, then the more the better - even 5-10 posts per day isn't too much. For these sites, quantity matters as much as quality.

For personal bloggers who write for personal satisfaction and do not wish to monetise their blogs, it is better to forget all races and write whenever you feel like writing, be it one post every hour or one post per year.

Laughing

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

perfect answer Cool Shudhrita since yours is a travel and food blog, 5 posts a week is good in my opinionSmile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

As Ranjith and Vijay rightly said, it depends on the niche you're targeting or blogging in. It is very important to maintain a proper posting frequency that you should try maintaining no matter what. This also depends on your blog's age, the number of readers your blog has, and the speed at which you can create new and great content. My observation in this regard is that, initially, when your blog is new, you should try maintaining a posting frequency, something like one post every week or something like that, so as to give that post, ample visibility time for the readers to be able to read. This way, you can work in composing great posts, and schedule them, giving you a pool of quality posts. Again, as your blog's age increases, and it gets popular, you can increase the number of posts, as the daily readership increases.

Initially, I started off posting a lot of posts, posting 10-11 posts within 12-15 days of the first month I started my blog. With experience, I understood that posting  contents at such a speed, becomes a wastage of efforts as most of my posts didn't even get proper views. Thus, I gradually changed the posting frequency to one post each week, and since, my blog is based on plants, that, almost always are not under my control, coupled with my professional responsibilities, it becomes quite hard for me to maintain the posting frequency.

Abhishek
from Allahabad
10 years ago

You should really change the theme of your blog. Just saying, it could do very well with a more clean theme.

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Thanks for the concern and suggestion, Abhishek. I, however, am, using a heavily modified theme, that, I've modified a lot, taking a regular blogger theme as a base, so, it seems to be quite a data hog loading my blog, but, I don't want to do away with the sliderTongue out.

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
10 years ago

What race? Why do you use capital letters for every single word of the thread title?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Because it is a race maybeTongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

serp race, traffic race, popular blogger race Innocent

shudhrita
shudhrita
from kolkata
10 years ago

Thanks @Stephen @Ranjith @Vijay Prabhu and @CyberKID. Now I am relieved knowing the fact that updating one post per week is ok. Thanks for all your suggestion.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

SmileSmile

shudhrita
shudhrita
from kolkata
10 years ago

For those who wanted to know @Stephen and @ Sorcerer what race I am talking about , please refer to @Vijay Prabhu's and more importantly @Ranjith's reply.

shudhrita
shudhrita
from kolkata
10 years ago

If using capital letters for every single word of the thread titlte is annoying or irritating you @Sorcerer  then please do feel free to ignore it for that matter.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Anyways you have changed it - so good. I guess you would be aware that writing in CAP in online parlance means shouting,

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

No, she didn't. It was the same earlier - camel case 

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@Ranjith - It appears normal in the forums tab. But here appears in Caps.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

It is the same in both the places. Innocent

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I don't think it is such a big deal, there are many threads in the blog review section which don't even get a single reply. Posting a reply there will be far more beneficial than this. Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

This discussion is better than blog reviews :|

Evaluating literary merit of blogs is a sin!

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

It's better than flaming I guess Undecided Isn't it ?

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I think for a personal blog, being regular is more important than the frequency. For example, you may post once a week but be regular with that or if you post 7 posts a week, you should be regularly be posting in that same frequency. For a personal blog, fellow bloggers are one of the biggest source of traffic and many of them follow it seriously. So, regularity becomes more important to have a consistent traffic.

In wordpress, the top bloggers even maintain a calender and you can check in which days he post. For example few post on mon, wed and fri while few prefer weekends. A very popular blogger even show the time in his blog during which he will available for comments/replies.

Bhargav Kesavan
Bhargav Kesavan
from New York City
10 years ago

Good to know Gaurab. Earlier I use to post as and when I get any idea. Now I've made some standards for me and following a weekly pattern. Once a week is my goal now-a-days.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

That's really good Bhargav. Following a pattern really helps in developing a loyal follower base. Laughing

shudhrita
shudhrita
from kolkata
10 years ago

Thanks @Gaurab for the info. Once a week from now onwards is my goal too @Bhargav Kesavan

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Shudhrita - Welcome Smile

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
10 years ago

There is no race. However 2 posts a week are usually good enough. 

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Update your blog as frequently as your heart tells you to. Quality defines your blog, not the frequency. Ignore and avoid any race traps, if you really want to be the best.
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

+1 Arti Smile

shudhrita
shudhrita
from kolkata
10 years ago

thanks @Purnendu and @Arti , point noted.Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread