Babu Moshai Bid Karo

Neerja Sharma
Neerja Sharma
from Noida
14 years ago

Remember that superbly melodious song, with soul stirring lyrics, of black and White era of Indian cinema,"Babuji dheere chalnaa, pyaar mein zaraa sambhalna......".

Well, the song came to my mind instantly when I read in the newspaper today that the babus in Ghaziabad municipal offices will now have to bid for the posting in a particular tax zone area of their choice. Wonderful...that's all I can say.

No more of missing deadlines and not meeting targets. It's a fair deal. You want a plum place of posting, you bid and declare how well you can work in that particular area and you get the place. Your perfomances doesn't match with the bid you made, you are back to where you started from.

We need more such innovative reforms in our country as far as the government sector is concerned, so that nobody passes the buck on to the other in case of a failure or lapse in the system or the workings. There should be no excuse for laziness, inactivity, idleness, apathy, sluggishness, indolence- all these are synonyms for the government babus. I didn't say anything, people say this. This is a known fact and not a myth from our folklore.

So, all the babus in our country, beware. Buckle up your shoes, pull up your socks. Ghaziabad is just the beginning.......there are more milestones to be achieved.

"Babuji Dheere Chalnaa, naukri mein zaraa sambhalnaa."

LockSign in to reply to this thread