Will using an audio theme on your blog reduce user experience?

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

I Have seen many use an audio theme on their blog.. does it enhance the experience or is it an irritation.. because when am in office reading a blog I do not want any music to suddenly start and play very loudly.. for me it hurts the user experience.. it does not do anything for me at all...

Anyone agreeing or thinking otherwise?

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

I think an audio theme is cool as long as the audio does not play by default... It's the blogs that have the sound playing without my permission that make me close the tab faster than Bush ducking that flying shoe.

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@ SriHarsha : LOL man! LOL!

rads
rads
from Chicago
15 years ago

LOL @ SriHarsha. I'm using a playlist on mine but some of my friends liked the idea. So I retained it. But aybe as you said for those who are really interested in reading, music might be a distraction.

I just go *OUCH* when a song plays automatically into my headphones when I am browsing blogs. Even worse if I'm reading a blog in my library and have forgotten to MUTE my laptop.

Overall, audio on a blog is a plain pain if it's automatic. Otherwise, it's an interesting addition - showcasing your likes to the readers.

Amit Surana
Amit Surana
from Bangalore
15 years ago

I have >50 tabs open in my FF Browser any point of time. If an audio starts by itself, it ll be real pain for me to find out from which tab its played on.

"Mute" Tongue out

Rahul Anand
Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

Well certain blogs have these embedded music players which knocks out our heads when we just open the site.

Music theme is a risk since the likes and dislikes of people can be totally random! But if you leave them the choice.. like providing a play button or a list of choices.. that can be nice for those who enjoy that music :)

kunal sachdeva
kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

If the Audio is played Automatically than most of the Time it troubles us.... & Second thing It consumes lot of Bandwidth, so its unnecessary

If it is not played automatically but played on the users Choice than it can be a good Option..

LockSign in to reply to this thread