For IndiWallet, are text links available?

Rajesh K
Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

Or is it only widget-based? Because I have seen text links work better for affiliate marketing. Besides, it may not be appropriate to put ad-widgets on our personal blogs.

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

The Indiwallet as per my knowledge is in beta stage so nobody knows what exactly is contained in the service

Rajesh K
Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

Thanks for your reply, it's more of a suggestion than a question. I think they will include text links along with widgets. 

Second, there are very few categories of products that actually perform, especially in the Indian context of ecommerce. That's why we need performance based affiliate program, than just sales based one. By performance based, I mean commissions for sign ups, leads, downloads, etc. in addition to sales. If one program can encompass all of these, it might be worthwhile. I hope IB considers these parameters. 

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Should I go for IndiWallet? Should I wait?

Quite unsure.

Needs more details.

Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

I think I will wait until more details are revealed. But would love to be a part of this initiatve by IB, I just hope they will make it appealing enough. We need a solid affiliate program for India, other than Flipkart and Amazon.in. I hope IB will take the lead. 

Komal Shah
Komal Shah
from Dusseldorf
9 years ago

Can anyone please guide me here? I have applied for indiwallet and waiting for the sms code on my cell number...its been 2 days now. 

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

https://www.indiblogger.in/contact/

contact indi support..

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

What I want to know is... is it true that MOST of those online now instal some sort of an ad-blocker. Now if that is doen on my site, then:

1. Do I need to turn it off on my browser before activating Indiwallet?

2. Does this mean that most people who come to my blog will be nagged first by the ads that will ask him to turn off the ad-blocker on their browser?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Yes, it true that most of the internet users use some sort of an ad-blocker. 

Serch for ad block / adblocker ( https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/ad%20block?hl=en-US ) in the Chrome store to see how many people use these extensions.

• Adblock - 10,000,000+ users
  • Adblock Plus - 10,000,000+ users

Whether an ad is blocked or not depends on the person who is visiting your site. If an ad blocker is installed in their browser, it is by default enabled for all sites. It is not the case that when the adblocker detects an ad on your site, it will ask the user if he wants to block the ads.

Don't you have an ad blocker installed on your site?

Now coming to the question of whether IndiWallet ads are blocked or not, we need to first understand how something is identified as an ad.

There is  database of known URL's from which ads are served - like buysellads.com, bidvertiser.com, adsense.com/xyz etc. Any URL ( URL which contains the js code for embedding the ad etc) which is a part of the database is identified as an ad.

No system can magically classify a piece of code as an ad by looking at it.

Coming to how the database is created, people manually add URL's to it. This common database is used by all users of ad blockers.

I use an ad blocker and I am still seeing IndiWallet ads which means no one has added these URL's to the database. May be I should take the lead Tongue out

Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

This is precisely the reason why text links work better than widgets or banners. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread