Suggestions Invited

Rohini
Rohini
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I was away from my beloved blog for a long time and now I can't figure out what to blog about. Any suggestions, anyone?

http://aldebaran14.blogspot.com

Replies 1 to 14 of 14 Descending
Bishwajeet Mahato
Bishwajeet Mahato
from Jamshedpur
14 years ago

do nything that u loved in the past n love in the present too

Rohini
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hmm.. that could be something..

Shankar
Shankar
from Chennai
14 years ago

About what you did when you were away from your beloved blog....The reason that kept you away from your beloved blog... http://ballat.blogspot.com

Rohini
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion. Though doing that would bore the readers with details about the goings - on in my life.

J S Sahni
J S Sahni
from Delhi
14 years ago

Hey Rohini!

What were you writing about in the past by the way?

JS

Rohini
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I'm glad someone asked that. It's a 'something about everything' blog. I write anything that comes to my mind. The blog is not restricted to any particular category.

Suman Bolar
Suman Bolar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

How about a post titled "5 things I missed about blogging... and 5 things I didn't"?

The FTB Blog

Rohini
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Now that's a good one.

J S Sahni
J S Sahni
from Delhi
14 years ago

Write on the changes you noticed in the blog world on your return to blogging! Does that work?

Suman Bolar
Suman Bolar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

So, um, did you figure it out yet?

Rohini
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Yup, the new post will be up in a day!

Suman Bolar
Suman Bolar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Cool - I look forward to reading it.

Malathy Badri
Malathy Badri
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I read this useful article somwhere but I see no harm in sharing with other bloggers. I hope the original author forgives me for not mentioning him/her.Embarassed

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Georgia; panose-1:2 4 5 2 5 4 5 2 3 3; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Georgia; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} /* List Definitions */ @list l0 {mso-list-id:260139872; mso-list-template-ids:1161209940;} @list l0:level1 {mso-level-tab-stop:.5in; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in;} ol {margin-bottom:0in;} ul {margin-bottom:0in;} -->

19 Ways to Write Posts

1. Write something passionately
  2. Write something inspirational
  3. Write something that tells a story
  4. Write something that solves a problem
  5. Write something that gets a laugh
  6. Write something that saves people time or money
  7. Write something opinionated
  8. Write something that is a resource
  9. Write something about something ‘cool
  10. Write something useful
  11. Write something unique
  12. Write something newsworthy
  13. Write something first
  14. Write something controversial
  15. Write something insightful
  16. Write something that taps into a fear people have
  17. Write something that helps people achieve
  18. Write something that elicit a response
  19. Write something that gives a sense of belonging

Instant paypal commision

salaamreaders
salaamreaders
from Delhi
14 years ago

Well, I seem to share your problem. No inspiration.

Ketan
Ketan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

This is called "Writer's Block". there are lot of ways you could get over it:

1) Try to dig out last five post of yours and expand those posts in a manner that it forms a series. For example, you current post about Kerala Trip can be extended by trips to cochin, munnar etc.. Another example is your post called "Going One Up", you could search another funny ad (there was similar one between pepsi, coke and sprite). Another example is your post "The Thieveses". You can provide suggestions to other bloggers on what do to or what not to do. 

2) Another beautiful way is to write about "Writer's Block"itself. May be about its history, why it happens, how to handle it, what are the psychological issues etc etc.. You could even exapnd this to include a post on "How to maintain blog traffic despite Writer's block?" I dont know the solution but if you could find it, post it, it would be super hit :-)

3) If you have been blogging for many years, you could actually re-hash some of your old posts (write a new post with new additions and link to old post).

4) Since you already know what you like say "cooking" or "travelling" or anything specific keyword, make a search for that keyword on Digg, Tumblr or Twitter to find out what is hot topic... post about that.

5) You could also post a "link post" where you just provide list of best read for the weekend (include some of your old posts as well)

Hope that helps.

Ketan

Rohini
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I liked the bit about recycling old posts. I have a 'view random post' button for readers to go through my blog but I have never really thought of that. Thanks.

Rajnish Kumar
Rajnish Kumar
from Bangalore
14 years ago
सच पूछो तो आपको ये बात लिखने से नहीं रोक रही कि मैं क्या लिखूं ,आपको ये बात लिखने से रोक रही है कि ऐसा क्या लिखूं कि लोग उसे पढ सकें. अगर आप खुद से बात करती हैं तो केहने के लिये बहुत कुछ होगा.कोशिश कीजिये ....
tys
tys
from Sharjah
14 years ago

write abt why u dont feel like writing..or write a nasty piece abt mallus since u been to kerala....nothing beats writer block than shocking your own system..the responding comments will ensure that u keep writing for  long time..when the steam runs out, write something nasty abt women ( men are so overdone)...then u got education, religion, race...man, its a field ripe for picking...so get picking girl

Rohini
from Bangalore
14 years ago

If I were to write such a 'nasty' post, I am afraid I'll have to make it up. During my short stay in Mallu-land, everyone there was saccharine sweet to me.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

hmm... even i am grapplin with the same thing.. you lose the steam and the rhythm.. 

i dont know what to post next as my mind is pre-occupied with something that is more valuable to me than my blog... so till i am down to earth, dont think i can peacefully blog :P

Rohini
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I agree. Blogging is the first thing that goes out of the window when pressing things in life take over.

Aditi Bhalerao
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I can identify with ur condition...

I hav been away from my blog for quite sometime now as I have more important and superbly critical things on my hand right now... and its gonna take another couple of weeks before I am off to vacation... so we r kinda sailing in same boat!!! may be  vacation related stufff might help in my futre posts..Tongue out but as of now... I am too clueless about my blog...to write anything!!! Undecided

Rohini
Rohini
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Folks, this an old thread. I don't have 'bloggers' block' anymore. I have started a technology blog and joined a collaborative blog on travel. I have my hands full with them.

LockSign in to reply to this thread