IndiWallet

Anshul Sharma
Anshul Sharma
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Hello People,

You guys introduce IndiWallet recently. But you ask for my account details during signup for it. What if I want to opt for other methods of payment such as cheque. I may not be comfortable sharing my account details.

Please look into the matter.

Thank you!

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending

I already shared the details to get access to the program and it seems there is no PPC ads yet

at wits' end

I too support you, why only just one option that too with so much perosnal details required thumbs down. Where in India, Cheque option, A/C Payee would have done too..

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

I filled out the entire form and at the very end, I decided not to submit it. :P

I think cheques are slower methods. And using them needs additional overhead. Given the option, I would always like using the ECS method of payment.

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

You are using an HTTPS protocol. So, that should take care of some concerns about theft of data. More than that, asking for Bank Account details must have something to do with ECS. I think you should get in touch with the IndiBlogger Support.

Anshul Sharma
Anshul Sharma
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Being a software engineer that S concern me the most. See placing a S doesn't make it secure. Following all guidelines with that S matters. So I am not sure if they followed all the guidelines. And moreover its my personal decision not to share my details with someone. IndiBlogger want to put ads and I want money. Its a simple deal and the whole process should be as smooth as possible. More options make it more smooth and eliminate my concerns.

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
9 years ago

Hey Anshul, that's a fair concern. And yes, just having an SSL connection doesn't make everything secure. We do take security seriously though - your cookies are encrypted and secure, and everything on IB is SQL-injection safe. We have other safeguards as well, which I naturally cannot outline. I'm not saying that we're 100% safe - nobody can say that without being arrogant. However, we will make sure that your information is as safe as possible.

As to the question on why we asked for it - as CyberKid mentioned, it is to do with wire transfers, and as far as possible, we need to use them. Sending out cheques simply adds too much overhead for everyone - online transfers are faster and have better accountability. Our experience with couriers in India have been quite sad so far, and we believe in eliminating middle men wherever possible. Rest assured, we will never, ever give out your personal information to anyone. Perhaps when we have more bandwidth, we can add more payment options!

LockSign in to reply to this thread