Didn't MJ convert to Islam? Should he be addressed as Mikaeel or Michael?

J S Sahni
J S Sahni
from Delhi
14 years ago

Hi!

Many believe Michael Jackson converted to Islam some time back and changed his name from MICHAEL to MIKAEEL. If that's true, then he should have been addressed as 'Mikaeel' instead of 'Michael' to comply with his wishes. What do you say?

JS

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

RIP, Mikaeel Jackson! Smile

Lakshmi Rajan
Lakshmi Rajan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Leave him alone in his death without controversies.

He would be remembered for him music , performances for ever not religion . His music is the religion. Fan across the world , irrespective of nationality , religion , caste , creed follow his music religion. Thats wat matters.

RIP MJ !

GingerChai.com

J S Sahni
J S Sahni
from Delhi
14 years ago

Thnx for your views guy! My intentions are never to put MJ into any controversy, even after his death. I guess he had enough when he was alive.

All I mean is whether we should address him as he desired during his last few months, i.e., Mikaeel.

J S Sahni
J S Sahni
from Delhi
14 years ago

It's more about a legend's last wishes than his name!

Lakshmi Rajan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

No where he mentioned officially that he wished to be called by that name .. and the fact he converted is also not officially declared by himself either... And the promos and the conference he had for his  world tour mentioned his name as Michael Jackson and not Mikaeel Jackson. So that would answer your topic.

Anyways as i said , he would himself if alive be wished to be remembered for his music and not for any other controversies ..

J S Sahni
J S Sahni
from Delhi
14 years ago

There is no fight and there is no doubt that he would be remembered for his work and not his name.

The only point left to be discussed is if he converted to Islam by his own desire then why are we not complying with his desire. Why are we not calling him Mikaeel if he himself changed his name by his consent and in complete consciousness?

LockSign in to reply to this thread