Adsense: What does this mean?

Divya Rai
Divya Rai
from NEW DELHI
9 years ago

Hi!

I have recieved this mail from Adsense. What does this mean? Pardon my ignorance, please.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/10170754_852354544810628_7750410169028128404_n.jpg?oh=50cba729a26baba0add2d85814e86b30&oe=55134AC2&__gda__=1427314749_dd818a12a1174388539b37cb17cf55db

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Well, if you sign in at Adsense and look around, you'll eventually figure out how it works. there are many blog posts out there that explains how AdSense works if you just search for it. Or is it something specific that you need help with???You need to sign in to AdSense and then generate an AdSense HTML code that you wish to embed. Each ad unit has specific dimensions, ad types (text/image),etc. Like 728x90 which is a vertical length ad space that's usually embedded on top. Since you're a starter, you can put up to three ads per page. 

Divya Rai
Divya Rai
from NEW DELHI
9 years ago

Ca you please paste the link on a browser and see, please? What I want to ask is, does this mean my blog is apporved for adsense? Or is it half way through? 

Thanks

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Adsense approval takes place in two steps. You have passed the first page. After you add the ad code to your blog, they will review again as a part of the second stage approval process.

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/9715?hl=en

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Your Adsense account is partially approved, you have to place the ads on your blog to re-review it for fully approval. Never click on your blog live Ads.

Divya Rai
Divya Rai
from NEW DELHI
9 years ago

Thank you Ranjith and Hafeezur Rahman. 

Now the second query.

Mine is a free blog with Wordpress.com and hosted on Wordpress only. Dp you think I can do the second step, since I can't see where to paste the code.

Thanks once again.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

You can't use adsense on wp.com. 

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Free WP blog has an issue on this. You need to become paid member in WP to get the option of pasting the Adsense code over it.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

HR Even paid members can't use adsense. 

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

R, Yes I overlooked it for .com and .org.

Divya Rai
Divya Rai
from NEW DELHI
9 years ago

Pay them to move to .org, and self-host it? But I do not want the pain of self-hosting. I have already paid them to buy the domain name. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

If you are on wp.com, you can't use adsense (There is no wp upgrade which allows you to use external scripts)

If you want adsense, you should either

• Use self hosted word press - You will have to pay for domain ( ~ $15 per year ) and hosting ( 5-10$ per month)
  • Shift to blogger - You will have to pay only for domain ( ~$15 per year ). Hosting is not required.

I would suggest that you shift your blog away from wp.com. 

Divya Rai
Divya Rai
from NEW DELHI
9 years ago

I think I will let it be for a while, in that case. 

:(

Thank you Ranjith and Hafizur Rahman.

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

You already paid for domain, so, pay few dollars for just one year hosting and place this Adsense code to get full approval. Next year stop to pay for WP domain and hosting if you wish to. By the time, you can create blogspot or use existing blogspot blog and be ready to place full approval Adsense ads on it, later.

When you move to blogspot then there is no issue of domain name and hosting unless you want it (different one like xyz.com instead of xyz.blogspot.in) and ready to pay for it. However, hosting is free in blogspot. Also, you can move your post from there to here. This is just suggestion and it is up to you.

Divya Rai
Divya Rai
from NEW DELHI
9 years ago

*Nandini,No clue. This any way isn't complete approval, just half-way through.

*HR, I get your point, but it isn't about few dollars more. I don't have the time to look after a self-hosted blog. To someone who is familiar with it, it might not be much hassle, but for someone like me, it has the potential of becoming a full time job. I see friends cribbing everyday about something or the other. It will become difiicult for me to look after it with some widgets/plugins not working some day, website not loading on other days. 

Thank you so much for your time everyone. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

In that case, you might want to shift to Blogger. 

Maintaining a blogger site is as easy as maintaing a wp.com blog but you will have the advanatge of being able to use external scripts like adsense.

LockSign in to reply to this thread