IndiBlogger - Blog of the Day

Ram Prasad
Ram Prasad
from Chicago
15 years ago

Suggestion was to have a "Blog of the Day."

The idea is Renie's. But I support it whole-heartedly. Each day, highlight one blog so that the rest of us can go visit it.

Perhaps this forum readers could nominate, and any number of criteria could be used to decide which should be selected. (I am sure the readers here have tons of suggestions for which and why should be selected.)

Like someone in another thread suggested, the Indi team doesn't even have to make the criteria fully public. As long as the quality is above a certain threshold, it makes it easy for us to find good blogs. (Archive the list somewhere that is easy to find.)

Given the number of blogs we have (>4000), it will take over 10 years to cover them all at the rate of one a day.

So Renie, let's get this started. We can improve the system along the way.

Ram

1-20
21-40
Replies 1 to 20 of 40 Descending
Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Ahem!

Rahul Anand
Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

Yeah! this makes the bloggers improve their content and quality as well!

I should stop being lazy and work on my blog redesign sooN!

Think Beyong Imagination!

Yogeshwar Kmar
Yogeshwar Kmar
from Bangalore
15 years ago

good initiative,,

Try out a blog of my frnd

http://www.prempoint.blogspot.com

and mine

http:www.yogeshwarkumar.blogspot.com

Rahul Anand
Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

But shouldn't we give consideration to the more interesting blogs?

Exactly, a great idea.  Hindi blogs are in the list or not?  If yes, I am also in the que with my Hindi blogs sachcha sharanam & naya prayatna.

Tariq
Tariq
from Mumbai
15 years ago

I totally agree with Sriharsha here.

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

People, tha random blog widget is being worked on - but on a slightly bigger scale! (This was an idea that Archit came up with in Kolkata). We're refining the formula right now, and it'll be up soon. Smile

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Oh yea. I'm waiting for that widget too. Trust me that widget is gonna kick ass!

Shrinivas N iyer
Shrinivas N iyer
from chennai
15 years ago

I personally believe that checking a blog on a day to day basis is cumbersome task. Why not make this thing as blog of the week as atleast people will get the time to review a sufficient number of blogs and give their view on it. Also if the moderator can work on something like a poll at the end of the week to select the best of the blogs. I would also suggest a dedicated thread to this one... Your views welcome....

www.itsmedhruv.blogspot.com

Shrinivas N iyer
Shrinivas N iyer
from chennai
15 years ago

I personally believe that checking a blog on a day to day basis is cumbersome task. Why not make this thing as blog of the week as atleast people will get the time to review a sufficient number of blogs and give their view on it. Also if the moderator can work on something like a poll at the end of the week to select the best of the blogs. I would also suggest a dedicated thread to this one... Your views welcome....

www.itsmedhruv.blogspot.com

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

@Shrinivas -

"a poll at the end of the week to select the best of the blogs"

This has promise. We could do a round robin style tournament that spans several weeks...

jak120
jak120
from Surat
15 years ago

Great idea, i hope mine could be there on top

http://www.futtec.blogspot.com

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

@Binaryday - yes, we have lots of raw data to work with now (the kind of data you used in your analysis, as well as some other parameters like frequency of posting). Now I need to work on a formula that puts it all together and outputs a rating!

Kabeeranban
Kabeeranban
from Mysore
15 years ago

I would rather prefer a scheme "Blogger of the Week" show casing the postings of very active forum memebers on the Home Page of Indibloggers.

This may act as an incentive for silent readers to come forward and participate in the discussions.

If one picks up  random blogs  for Blog of the Day we end up reading an out dated post with a redundant news comment or story in it.

Blog of the Day must be picked up from the postings of that very day, else it would amount reading an old news paper.Smile

thanks Renie to consider Khushi's request as it is most useful to concerned blogger.

Sandy
Sandy
from Delhi
15 years ago

Hey

Thats a great idea. I am in for it.

http://sandywriter.blogspot.com/

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Renie, nuff talking. Get going my dear friend.

Rahul Anand
Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

Oh! can't wait to see it happening!

so cool!

cheers!Smile

Rahul Anand
Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

@ Su

The blogger of the day should be selected from recent post activity in blogs. true.

But the blogger of the week being selected from the active forum members.. just think on it. You take a picture of the list now and it'll almost be the same after some more weeks as well. Everyone is moving forward in the same pace! Smile

For instance.. you are at top now. From the no. of posts.. do you think anyone gonna reach there in near future? unless you retire from posting for quite a long time Tongue out

It's like "the rabbit never overtakes the tortoise" paradox!!

Sriharsha
from Bangalore
15 years ago

quite right. I do not wish to make a publicity out of it and nobody else should. Active Forum members may not vary at the top, but a lot of variation is possible at the bottom. as time passes on, and as every member wishes to increase his/her activity, the variation will spread from the bottom to the top as well. Bottomline - it is just a matter of time!

PS : I do not post often on my blog. And i wont call my stuff 'superb' either. As such, I'm indifferent to awards and its the same to me even if i were counted as out of the contest. the PS was jus a personal note. Smile

Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

Hope so.. that more and more people become active forum members!Smile

Hmm but isn't it little of under estimation? You have lots of people responding to ya blog posts! cheers!.. as for myself, I started blogging seriously may be just some months ago!

Sriharsha
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Under estimating myself!?! naa! i cud reveal my blog stats for proof! Tongue out notice that I do not display my blog stats in my blog? I get what I care for - response and not stats. But there are 'superb' blogs who manage to get an ocean of response by the sheer magnitude of their following! so much so that they get 10000 hits and about 500 comments in an average of 2 months! beat that! Wink

Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

Whhopsy!Innocent

Pratibha
Pratibha
from Bangalore
15 years ago

I agree with Sriharsha here .. I have a widget called black box on one of my blog which leads me to random blogs over the world and i use it quite often when i have done with the blogs on my blogroll ... A random blog picker will be fun :)

1-20
21-40
LockSign in to reply to this thread