New IndiBlogger Logo - feedback please!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

IndiBloggers! Hope you've noticed that we have a new logo. To be honest, we never really had a logo! Smile

Please tell us what you think. There were reasons for this design being chosen:

• We needed a simple logo that had something to with blogging, and this one came the closest without looking too cliche. "indiblogger" is the main post, and "in" is a comment.
  • We needed bloggers to remember that we are a .in site, and NOT a .com! Frown

Old Logo:

Old IndiBlogger Logo

New Logo:

New IndiBlogger Logo

Replies 1 to 15 of 15 Descending
Ram Prasad
Ram Prasad
from Chicago
15 years ago

Hey Renie:

How about posting the old and new logos together in this forum, and people will be happy to comment.

Ram

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

@Ram - done! Smile

Rahul Anand
Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

but why the comment part in red? A white background gives a good impression of comemnt no?

oh! then the .in should be black.

hmm.. do u use grey-white gradients?!

thinking beyond imagination..

Hashir Tufail
Hashir Tufail
from Unnao, Bangalore
15 years ago

@Renie,

the new logo is cool..... gud job folks Smile

ARJuna
ARJuna
from Mumbai
15 years ago

I agree with BinaryDay, the logo has an uncanny resemblance to the in.com logo. Since their ads are frequent on TV it is a conspicuous fact.

Something that I felt at the very 1st moment (a fleeting thought) when I looked at it was that - You guys had in some way affiliated yourself to the in.com family. Who knows that may flit through the minds of anyone new on Indiblogger.

All I am saying is Be Careful.

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Hmm... we have no plans of associating ourselves with any other brand. If you guys have a look at the in.com logo, you'll see it looks completely different, except that we both have "in" inside a blurb. The colors they've used, fonts and even the shape of the blurb is completely different. It's something we have to think about though - if you chaps saw a connect, then others will too....

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
15 years ago

I actually don't see any similarity in the logos. Its just that the "in" comes inside a blurb. And thats completely OK. As renie said, the blurb is not the same. And our logo gives the right message of blog and a comment.

If you actually see, there are quite a few companies with similar logos. Like "Carrier" and "Ford" for example :-)

So in my opinion, thats no problem.

Balaganesh
Balaganesh
from Chennai
15 years ago

@Anwin

if thats the case then in.com owns you man hehehehehe....

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
15 years ago

BG - Actually Anwins blog http://Anw.in ends with .in, like the indiblogger.in.

So actually WE all own him! (evil)hehehe....

Amit Desai
Amit Desai
from Mumbai
15 years ago

I think its a good effort and its looking nice. goes well with the theme and i always like when people hihglight the "in"part :-) feels proud to be an Indian and so is the case ... proud to be an indiblogger ;-)

Amit

www.gigathoughts.com

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

@Amit - I could not agree with you more!

Pratibha
Pratibha
from Bangalore
15 years ago

interesting :)

ilesh
ilesh
from ahmedabad
15 years ago

i seen it is like this only so cant compare with old one ...but keep up good job dear

@ Renie  I like this new logo because of its appeal to my eyesight . It also always alert me that I am  at a .in site, not at .com site (as you said earlier here).

Sachin Jain
Sachin Jain
from Bangalore
15 years ago

yes..new logo is really good.

LockSign in to reply to this thread