Has anybody made money out of a personal blog?

Tavish Chadha
Tavish Chadha
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

I wont classify my blog entirely as a personal blog. I write short stories, poetry and general articles. I had google adsense approved about a month ago and have had 2 clicks. I get a traffic of about 450 in a month and I am not sure if thats good. I have a blogging frequency of 7 posts a month. 

Ok now having said that, what I wanted to ask you guys was, Is it worth spending too much time on writing more frequently as in, is it gonna help me financially? 

Also if u guys dont mind it will be nice to know how much u ppl earn? If u dont wanna disclose it its completely ok.

Cheers!

Tavish

Blog: http://www.sensible-bakwas.com/

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
Magali Vaz
Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Tavish, I get a traffic of around 850 a month... posting frequency is average 10. Yet I get one click a month. Honestly, I don't think personal blogger can make any money at all... it's purely fun. 

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
14 years ago

personal blogging is not exactly aimed at making money.......but if it comes along it surely doesn't hurt! Money mouth

Well, not directly but I got a job offer as a part-time content writer for some website development company, after 'The Head' read my blog and liked it (may be I just got lucky)! Sealed

And yeah its not fun to write what you're told to...... Frown and it takes some extra effort and time. But I'm not complaining! cause I now have two sources of income..... Dad and the job! Wink

LockSign in to reply to this thread