Any football fans out there?

pragathish
pragathish
from chennai
14 years ago

Welcome to the geekier side of meWink

I'm a real football nerd,supporting the mighty Ac Milan (ugh..what a bad season for us!)I'm a very big sucker of Ronaldinho,his football is orgasmic!

And I hate cricket,with a passion.Its the dumbest game there is.Undecided

P.S When I mean football,I mean the real one played using our feet,and not that gay game where they carry an egg shaped ball in their hands and still call it football.Yell

So,footy freak,indulge!

Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending
Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I am here!

pragathish
from chennai
14 years ago

which do you support?

Mohan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

RED Devils!!! ManU

Jon
Jon
from Trivandrum
14 years ago

I hate to admit. This was more or less Fergie's season. 

Heyyy Inter walks away with Italian cup...Hope they lose Serie A or CH.L atleast.. Hate to see Mourinho taking away the treble

And did you guys hear Juve is selling off its best players. They won't be playing the Europa even the next season

Witty Jester
Witty Jester
from Pune
14 years ago

Hey no offense to anyone but Barcelona is the team which makes the game of football beautiful(Don't mention the Inter milan defence,i hate Mourinho) and Messi is the wizard,its a wonder that even when five players fall on top of him he still manages to keep possesion;such grace such fluidity,i can watch him all day :) :) :)

Jon
Jon
from Trivandrum
14 years ago

Arsenal had played beau football earlier...

I totally agree with u.... Barca is the best...Mourinho suckzz

Siddharth
Siddharth
from Coimbatore
14 years ago

Arsenal fan here :) 

Jon
Jon
from Trivandrum
14 years ago

Hello Sid... I would say we had a very decent season...

Down till Everton, they have a squad ten times better than ours...still we held on to 3rd!!

Siddharth
from Coimbatore
14 years ago

Yes Jon. But for injuries to Van Persie and Cesc, who knows, the title could have ended up in the North London!!!

Jon
Jon
from Trivandrum
13 years ago

Hope whe Wenger makes his buying we will have a squad with depth... Rather than injuries our players have lost the ability to play as a team.

Our real trouble this season was not injury at the front. But a weak DM , wingers and CDs

Anurag Yelkur
Anurag Yelkur
from Delhi
13 years ago

Arsenal FC for life. Big Arsenal FC fan, and really into football. Have been supporting the Gunners for about a decade now, and have been with them through their ups and downs. Have a lot of fond memories from the unbeaten run, and also of the Thierry Henry-Dennis Bergkamp-Robert Pires partnership. The future is also quite bright, something which supporters of other clubs would never understand. Wenger is not splurging the market right now, because of the debt from the Emirates Stadium. Despite being trophy less for the last few seasons, I would say this has been Wenger's toughest, yet the best years. This is simply because of the fact that despite such a big debt, and losing the best players of your squad each year to other clubs and with a pretty average squad turning up every week, we are still a Champions League team, with a finals appearance(came within 10 minutes of winning it) backed up by a apperance in the semis. We came close to winning the EPL on two ocassions. The debt will be over soon, and we will have our glory years returning. And why these are Wenger's best years: see where Liverpool, Newcastle and Leeds are. They are examples of other severly debt ridden clubs. Wenger has delivered, without any star players, and such clubs have not despite having a few front cover posers for magazines.

Siddharth
from Coimbatore
13 years ago

Awesome man. Perfect analysis. According to me, the next two years are gonna be very very crucial. The financial prospects are looking good and the youngsters have all matured. A GK, a couple of proven CBs and Chamakh will go a long way in helping us lift the thing that has been eluding us since Patrick left.

And afterall, for all his efforts, Arsene deserves it ;)

Anurag Yelkur
from Delhi
13 years ago

:) I know!!!

Gianluigi Buffon has been under the radar. The CB partnership of Gallas and Vermaelen according to me was pretty good in the first half of the season. What we lacked was a backup CB, maybe Sol, or atleast someone better. Silvestre and Senderos will take us nowhere. Chamakh yes, will solve a few problems. Wenger is also interested in another guy from Bordeaux, Yoann Gourcuff. Just hope that Wenger manages to retain his current squad, and hope for the best from the transfer market.

Jon
from Trivandrum
13 years ago

Man Sol was someone who helped us hold on when the stupid silvestre made an ass for himself. Feels so proud of seein a decade old gunner fan.

I think if we had a GK and two decent CBs. The season would have been ours. We fought on even when Cesc was injured. But Gallas injury overtipped the scales!!

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Real Madrid for life!

Jon
from Trivandrum
13 years ago

I loved Barca...Till they started poaching on our Cesc. And they say he is overpriced at 30M... 

They think they will get the world's best MF for peanuts...

Real and Barca has made LaLiga a total bore. No financial mgmt. or people management. Buy a few stars at huge amount and end up with no trophies!!

Jon
Jon
from Trivandrum
13 years ago

Guys I just did a post on Wenger.

Would feel nice iff you guys drop in for a visit!!!

http://timesiamin.blogspot.com/2010/05/hero-of-our-times5.html

Abhinav
Abhinav
from Osaka city/Japan
13 years ago

Indians are not that much into football. Cricket being the form of sports worship.I started to love football when I came to Japan. And now, I am a big fan of football.Build Muscle Burn fat

LockSign in to reply to this thread