Padhe-Likhe Gavaar...! Pen down your experience!

Niket Gupta
Niket Gupta
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hey Indibloggers, everyone of you might have encountered atleast one Padha-Likha Gavaar in your life! By Padhe-Likhe Gavaar, I mean those educated dimwits who bring shame in the name of literacy by their acts of illiteracy!

So here I put down my experience, you pen down yours!

Cheers!

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Niket Gupta
Niket Gupta
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I was trying to get into KJ Somaiya Institute of Management (got thru eventually) and was following a related forum on pagalguy. KJ Somaiya, since it has a 50% Gujarati quota (Open Category seats constitute just 18 out of 120 even less than what the Deccan Chargers’s cheerleaders donned), most of the Gujjus apply for the same as well as the open category. In one of the posts this Gujju MBA aspirant who clearly did not deserve to be in KJ Somaiya had asked his other higher ranked Gujju compatriots to go for open category seats and avoid the minority quota so that their lower ranked, undeserving Gujju brothers like him would stand a chance. I had never thought that even today's educated generation would promote reservations in such an unethical way.

Hence, I conferred upon him the sobriquet "Padha-Likha Gavaar"!

Waiting for your experiences people!

PS: Nothing personal against any religion.

Niket Gupta
Niket Gupta
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Never met a Padha-Likha Gavar? anyone? Surprised

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

wats dis????????Innocent

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

@ deepak....now u r a padha likha gavar 

Himanshu
Himanshu
from Delhi
13 years ago

Yesh yesh!! I have a story to tell too!!! Tongue out A long story but a good one!

We are a froup of friends who run an NGO called Sanskaari. Of many things which we do, one is to give education to slum children free of cost. In one particular 'Paathshala' which was near a temple, kids were habitual beggers. And why not, it fetched them sweets and some loose change to spend! But this was very distracting for our volunteers as at any given time half of the kids were at the temple and we were unable to teach them properly. But after an year of regular interaction we motivated the children enough so that they would not beg.

But then, we encountered a couple of Padhe-likhe-gawaar!

One day while we were playing with them, a swanky white car pulled over. But heads turned when two beautiful..err..hot females stepped out! I thought it is the god's way of rewarding our good work Wink! But i should have known God's don't love me that much! Suddenly they pulled out two lunch boxes full of food, toffees and variety of stuff and commanded the kids to sit in a line! This is the excerpt from conversation that followed:

Me- Mam pls dont give anything to these kids.

Hot Female 1- Why not?

Me- We are trying very hard so that they may get admitted to school this year. Begging won't help our cause.

HF 2- so what?

Me- Your donation makes them want to beg more rather than study.

HF 1- How can you say that?

After 20 minutes of pointless 'whats', 'whys' and other bull****,

Me- You look like educated people, please let us do our work and donate to somebody who really deserves it.

They- not possible.... how can you stop them from eating... this is not constitutional....we will call the police...

Kid from Pathshala- Didi hume nahin chahiye. Bhaiya log humaare paas roz aate hain. Aap ek baar aaoge phir nahin aaoge.

They- My father is a ______ Blah blah blah.. India is a democracy... Blah blah blah... You are not doing the right thing

Us- Ha ha aha ha ha ha ha aha aha ha aha ha

This was my chance encounter with some padhe-likhe-gawar's who even after repeated requests and explanations could not just digest the fact that there could be somebody who refused to take alms from them.

Moral of the story- There are padhe-likhe people who think that by giving out some food and charity in vain, they can get rid of their responsibilities towards the nation and maybe even get in the good books of god!!! Surprised

Niket Gupta
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Himanshu, you have cited a perfect example of  Padhe-Likhe Gavaars...

And you people, I must say are really doing a good work by educating the slum kids. You must have felt really proud when that brilliant student of yours said, "Didi hume nahin chahiye. Bhaiya log humaare paas roz aate hain. Aap ek baar aaoge phir nahin aaoge". It was bang on, right on their face! Sealed

Keep up the good work man! And thanks for your contribution for this thread. Smile

Niket Gupta
Niket Gupta
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Deepak: Read the topic again and the two anecdotes supporting it. You will be able to decipher Padhe-Likhe Gavaar. Smile

Come on Indibloggers, anymore experiences?

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hey! I see the mirror n times a day! Tongue out

Niket Gupta
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hahaha...true Addy...at some point of time we all act as Padhe-Likhe Gavaars...but some of them just transcend everything else...

Even if one of you have ever acted as a Padha-Likha Gavaar, you can share that with us! Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread