Do you see yourselves blogging 10 years from now?

Murali
Murali
from Chennai
13 years ago

Do you see yourselves blogging 10 years from now, in the same blog?

Putting it another way, how long do you see yourselves blogging? 3 years? 5? 15?

What if blogging becomes 'out of fashion' but 'nostalgic'? something like our postal service?

1-20
21-30
Replies 1 to 20 of 30 Descending
Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Maybe it will evolve into something else ..

Magali Vaz
Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Totally! But maybe I won't be as gung-ho about it. And I agree with Anoop. I mean, who though that there would be micro blogging a few years ago?

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Yes the world would need the latest updates and news of Omega Centauri!

No one but the Brainwave would do that!

Deepak
Deepak
from India
13 years ago

i havnt seen any retirement age for this even in Rules n Regulation column...

we shud take VRS at the appropriate time.... NO.... NEVER

The Court has given his verdict....

To be hang till death... (yahi to problem hai... latak-latak ke gardan lambi ho gyi hai)Tongue out

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Deepak, next time you Copy paste something from the net, make sure you paste it on Notepad first and then in to the IndiBlogger forum... see you screwed up the page Wink

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

i didnt yaar....

Frown

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

whatever you did, your posts screwed up this page..

Nivedita
Nivedita
from Hubli
13 years ago

Yes, Of course, if the blog world is still on!! With growing technology, may be the Blog will also change. But I would love to do this as long as it is possible.Smile

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

We have come a long way in expressing our views. It all started off with People's voice as a corner in leading newspapers where people used to write and still do so, to the editor and those are published... (may be not everyone's but yes it works still)

The medium has changed now. Vlogs have not really cought up coz Blogs themselves add give the versatility for people to add Posts as well as Videos.

What might change is the medium. It takes something within one's self to take a blog to a long innings. Pundit, one of the IndiBloggers is one who is into blogging for more than 10 years.

Mag[m]
Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

i do.....

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

are you standing infront of a pastor who is asking "Do you accept _______________ as your life parter?" that you are saying I do...

kuch aur nahi likhega kya Tongue out

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

action speaks louder than words..... and yes i do Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Can't stop laughing seeing just these three sets of replies. You both can probably start a humor blog and see it being voted as the best blog of the year after ten yaers from now.Smile

Venu Vedam
Venu Vedam
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Well, been blogging since 1999.... That's already 11 years. So I guess I will be blogging till I die. :)

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
13 years ago

well..... I think yes.

But no one knows how things may change with time. new technology and stuff...

Mrudula Aaduru
Mrudula Aaduru
from Chennai
13 years ago

I doubt if "blogging" would become obsolete. Ppl have been writing for so many centuries now... Personal logs, diaries, journals etc. Only da medium of communication has varied. But writing's still da same. :-). 

And I guess, Internet might give way to something more potent in da future. And we'll find another way and another word for "blogging"

Kalyan Mukherjee
Kalyan Mukherjee
from Mumbai
13 years ago

With the present situation, it is hard to see me living 10 years from now. This is because

1. Work pressure.

2. Stress.

3. Bad lifestyle.

Sakhi Shah
Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

I don't think blogging is likely to become obsolete, rather I think it will become more famous. 

Definitely see myself blogging till for at least 10 years or so, and then, we'll see. :) If me and my interests change then things might change. 

Guha Rajan
Guha Rajan
from Chennai
13 years ago

Blogging will evolve our a period of time. It might not be the same. It might be linked to publishing industry.

Already E-magazine & some of the new papers has blogging section, which is blogged by people hand picked by them. Maybe you might even have blogging e-magazine might be started by reputed media,  which means, more control might be brought in.

Blogging is here to stay, but you will have different version of it. Its just like internet, what we now have is not the same we had about 15 years before.

Btw, have written a brief in my blog about future of publishing industry. If interested one may take a look

http://indian-amps.blogspot.com/2010/04/future-on-publishing.html

Aashish Sood
Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

hmm... an interesting topic.. I have been blogging for around an year now... I think that saying that I will blog for probab 10 years would not be prudent because we dont know how the blogging/microblogging etc would be then! two years ago i used to think that FB would never catch up in India but clearly I stand corrected.

Though, through whatever platform, I will try and blog (or whatever would be the equivalent of that in the point of time)

Vee
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

this sounds like my interview question. "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" Tongue out

Garf
Garf
from Somewhere in India
13 years ago

No Idea.....it feel to great to blog today. May be in 10 years, i wont b there...may be the world wont be there...or may be everything would be becoming more "techy" and "geeky" and blogging would be mandatory way for the schools to accept assignments !!!

Who knows....I cant even say Y or N.....

Harshad
Harshad
from Pune
13 years ago

I really can't predict ten years..but the next couple of years are surely gonna be rocking..

you will surely see me here only, voting, replying, posting, but may be a little better posts,

tys
tys
from Sharjah
13 years ago

man, in ten years i will probably be able to think and you may get it without having to type a word...so in 10 years iam hoping to see a lot of giggling people on the road..

but seriously, i will be writing books by that time...i mean arent we all living out our hemmingway dream?

@tys, you can count me as one reader,

tys
from Sharjah
13 years ago

pramod: if that day ever comes, u will get an autographed book by mail.

@tys, I am overwhelmed, thanks for nice thought. I will surely pray your dream comes true fast. 

i have given my address on my blog because any time you might need it.Smile

Raghu V N
Raghu V N
from Thrissur
13 years ago

According to the information from blogger, I'm here since may 2007. I'm here for the last 3 and a half years and survived almost everything. I'm pretty sure that I'll be here even if my blog is going to be a complete disaster! For those who do not care about the number of visitors and response, but still continue to behave like a writer, will definitely survive 10 years for sure.

Subham Singh
from Baripada
13 years ago

You are absolutely right. Only dedicated bloggers will survive the heat for a decade. Others will move on.

1-20
21-30
LockSign in to reply to this thread