Webhosting Help

Ramkumar
Ramkumar
from Dindigul
13 years ago

now i have a blog ( http://www.ramtele.blogspot.com ). i want to expand this to .com domain but all are asking charges.i want  to know about free or very less domain site details. please if you know anything regarding please help me.i'm student only so i'm unable to pay more cost.mail me @ ramkumaritrvs@gmail.com

please do the needfull.

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Rajan Balana
Rajan Balana
from Jalandhar
13 years ago

Hey Bro, if you want to buy a .com than it will cost you minnimum of 400rs and max at 500 rs for one year. If you cannot invest much money you can go for .in domain.

If you need any type of help regarding domain name and hosting service do let me know i will help you for sure

Ramkumar
from Dindigul
13 years ago

thanks for your reply. don't about web hosting.where may i get it?please give some details reg that...

Siddhesh Kabe
Siddhesh Kabe
from London
13 years ago

big rocks gives u a .in for just 99 bucks.... i am sure no one gives u a cheaper one.... i got a .co.in for 199 bucks... its cheap!!

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

The Big Rock offer is only for the first year. AFter that, it would charged much more than a .COM tld since .IN is costly.

On an average, a .com domain costs anything about 500 bucks, a year. You should be able to afford that if you dont go for a movie in a  year, avoid one outing a week, and save fuel. Cool

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

there are a lot of free domain sites.. however most of these are either blacklisted by Google and others or are close to being named Spam.

What these sites essentially do is create a short TLD, say for example.. lets take Co.Nr

now it is a domain name in itself... www.co.nr actually. But when you subscribe for its free service, you will have yourname.co.nr, which essentially is a sub domain to CO.NR...

the real issue is that anything that is a subdomain of CO.NR and it is regarded as spam, that would effect the TLD. Hence, its always adviced to spend some money in getting your own domain.

Ramkumar
from Dindigul
13 years ago

thanks for your reply bro.

Siddhesh Kabe
Siddhesh Kabe
from London
13 years ago

Ya .in is really costly... i have got .co.in which gives an average of 399 per year... which is cool!!!

Ramkumar
from Dindigul
13 years ago

thanks for your reply bro.

Rajan Balana
Rajan Balana
from Jalandhar
13 years ago

@ramkumar. Please Clarify your question. I am not able to understand what you are asking for whether it is for only domian or both domain & hosting.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

as much as i can understand, he is even finding it difficult to buy a full domain.. now hosting is diff altogether, but he can always host his blog at blogger.com and then continue to use his Domain name on Blogger.

Rajan Balana
Rajan Balana
from Jalandhar
13 years ago

it look likes top level but it is not top level understood

Antony
Antony
from Chennai
13 years ago

The best domain names that are more respected by the search engines are the .com's Its worth spending on them. Rs500 for one year is not a huge amount, If you are serious about blogging then you should be able to afford it. If you are having a blogspot blog then its easier and better to get it done through blogger itself. You can buy the domain name from google itself. Its $10 straight.

Happy Blogging Wink

LockSign in to reply to this thread