I need ideas to promote my new blog

wanderer
wanderer
from kolkata
13 years ago

Hi,

I have put togethera new blog along with another Indiblogger friend, Aritra. We have been working on it, since a couple months, but finding it difficult to find our feet in the Blogsphere.

regards,

wandererSmile

http://wizardmeetsvagabond.blogspot.com/

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

The best way is to keep commenting on your fellow blogger's post.

Plus, share your links on your preferred social networks like Facebook, Orkut, Twitter etc.. Post your blog posts as articles in Digg, Stumbleupon etc.

There are sure way to have an effective promotion.

wanderer
from kolkata
13 years ago

I have been using twitter, buzz, fb to promote my new blog. I dont know how to use the Digg, Stumbleupon. this blog is based on photography and poems. I dont know what is doing wrong.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Digg and Stumbleupon are similar networks. You can register for yourself and share. No harm in that.

Sanjay Vedula
Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Believe in content! Keep posting good content and then the step next is what @Hemal says! 

Hope this helps 

Cheers!

wanderer
from kolkata
13 years ago

I am maintaining a blog on on poems and photography. i have been posting the html links in both the categories since the first day. as far as contents are concerned, do give me new ways and ideas. we two blog keepers and we work on stock up photography.

Kalyan Banerjee
Kalyan Banerjee
from Bangalore
13 years ago

To Dos (in this order):

1. Content is King - keep a high quality content, readers will come sooner or later. If you want them quick, do next steps
  2. Interact with content creators like your - i.e. comment on other good quality blogs in your area, post on forums, publicize on FB profile/FB pages
  3. Do simple SEO - relevant title and URL, sub headings, usual plugins

Hope this helps. Good luck.

wanderer
from kolkata
13 years ago

I understand you point my friend. I have been using point 2 and point 3. as far as point 1 is concerned, the content is mainly a poem that goes with a graphic designed image or a clicked image. I dont know where I am going wrong. or why we are failing to generate good amount of vistor footfall or more comments.

Jacky Manwani
from Bhopal
13 years ago

From a SEO prospective DADA you are right  content is king and if your blog has good content then automatically you will also become the king.

wanderer
from kolkata
13 years ago

I too believe content is the king my friend jacky, but the point is i dont want to believe that bloggers dont like poems and photography. this is what my new blog is all about you seeUndecided

Jacky Manwani
from Bhopal
13 years ago

ya friends i have seen your blog, and it was right bloggers dont like these things but you can make these things attractive and different from others then it will be beneficial for you. My friend presentation is also required in blogging.

Jacky Manwani
from Bhopal
13 years ago

I m saying all these things because i m a SEO by profession and it hurts when u not get the visitors or traffic on your blog.

wanderer
from kolkata
13 years ago

Jacky, can you tell me how to make it more attractive, we are trying to keep it simple though.

Jacky Manwani
from Bhopal
13 years ago

hey bro your blog is very nice and it needs only promotion.You can do the social optimization of your blog submit your blog in many social networking sites and make the fan page in facebook make so many friends and tell them to join your blog, post the link to comments in many blogs and submit to blog directories too

wanderer
wanderer
from kolkata
13 years ago

Jacky...Its actually a sister out here. Laughing. Okay this fan pagesounds good enough, will tell my techie friend to help me into doing this. by the way I am looking for you in facebook right now.

Jacky Manwani
from Bhopal
13 years ago

i think you have sent the friendship request to me 

wanderer
from kolkata
13 years ago

still showing awaiting!

Nandan Narula
Nandan Narula
from Indore, Bhopal
13 years ago

Hello wanderer. . i have another thing to share with u -

-make ur blog url ur signature in all outgoing  mails

- As urs is a photography+poems blog, try to arrange a contest sort of a thing on ur blog n publicize it through out ur SNS network

- Join those blogs where events n contests wrt photography n poetry keep happening. u ll get noticed when u ll get blog rolled there

- compel ur blog readers to comment

- use facebook n twitter extensively. creating a facebook fan page of ur blog will help u a lot.

:-)

wanderer
from kolkata
13 years ago

Yes sir, we have  been using fb and twitter, you can see the twet button on the top pf each blog post. As for arranging competitions, we did give it a thought, but thats going to take some more months. coming to compelling people to comment, "it is like your english will tell you, your answer is not up to the mark, but she can not tell you how to improve or whats going wrong". At present we are trying to create a fan page at fb. and yes it is good to hear many things, for all of them start with "ONE THING". Smile

Nandan Narula
Nandan Narula
from Indore, Bhopal
13 years ago

ooppsss !!!!. . .. from "ä thing" it went on to "many things" . . . :-)

LockSign in to reply to this thread