Some suggestions regarding Indivine and Friends plz add yours too!

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Namaste Friends! When I see any blogger profile on Indi, I just see top voted Indivine posts by them, if I like the writing and I wish to see all Indivine posts by them and if I wish to vote them, then what to do? Also we add bloggers in our network whom we like to read. So if we can make a way by which I can easily find latest Indivine Posts by them and vote them. By google friend connect we follow the blogs and get the updates, but if i like any article by them , again I have to search for the Indivine posts to vote it. This can be solved by the above said way. What do you think about this?

Replies 1 to 14 of 14 Descending
Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Renie said about Mohanji, If he comments on your blog his single comment is equivalent to 100 comments. So if he votes for your Indivine post, can we make it equivalent to 100 votes. I mean that, can we do such provision that the vote count depends on the IndiRank of the Voter. More the IndiRank of the voter, More the votes counted.  What do say folks?

Priyadarshi
from Mumbai
13 years ago

ya i agree with mohini thoughts...atleast the dashboard section need some reforms.... it shld contain.. latest in your network....i am a newbee and perhaps i m wrong but this dashboard doesn't help in any sense.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

ya Darsh ! it shows only the indimail and ppl in your network. Though we can find the latest posts by going on the blogger profile but still we can't find the Indivine posts...there.

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I agree too!

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Thanks Darsh and Indipolice (on duty on Sunday too!) Aditya!

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Mohini that provision is already in IndiVine!

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hello Mohini i believe regarding the voting process, i believe unless one reads he should not vote, it becomes farcial, if i am right ?  Your suggestion that voting should be clubbed with ranking seems faulty, if one is given 1x70 weightage depending on the ranking, than it seems unfair advantage.  It will be almost equalvalent to reservation policy.  I believe a good blogger will attract eyeballs in internet language eventually because of his or her consistency.Cool

Rakesh Jhunjunwala always quotes a good girl will attract suitors galore.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

See Umesh! I have mentioned that ...i want to get updates of Indivine from the bloggers in my network...so that i can read them and vote them..it's hard to search everytime....and then what's the use of network and indivine ? and i hve mentioned 2 - 3 points reagarding indivine. the voting process is already depending upon indirank of the auther..but i think we should make it by the indirank of the voter...or combo. of both. basically we add ppl in our network who already catched our eyeballs...that's the reason. i hope, i made my vision clear,

GeEtS
GeEtS
from delhi
13 years ago

good topic Mohini ..keep it up!..I am with you

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Thanks Geeta! Actually ..this topic came in mind by your articles...i like them ...but it becomes sometimes difficult to search on indivine...and sometimes i miss the chance to vote....and i don' t get old articles too to vote! 

GeEtS
from delhi
13 years ago

mohini check indimail

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

gr8 geeta! i didn't think this..

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

One More suggesion....(Is Renie reading this thread????) The voting is clubbed with the IndiRank.....it sounds good, but when we are voting we are voting a particular post...then while considering this what is its relation with the Indirank. My Indirank is increased now....so my vote count too.....now my post is quite up in the sea of Indivine......and naturally it's visible to more people......my votes are increasing and I am damn happy.........but......the articles which got less votes just because i was new on Indiblogger or my blogs were new and they were not applicable for IndiRank..what about that.......were they deserving less appriciantion? So if we can make some modification in this system.....it will be good...coz i also miss lot of good articles.....coz that blogs are new and sometimes are very down in the list. and if we want to club indirank with voting it should be for the entire blog.......not for a particular posts.......What do you say friends?

Sanjay Vedula
Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Loads of suggestions on Indivine! Work for Renie & crew Tongue out

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

But getting no reply from Renie and crew? What do you think about this? Frown

Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

The IndiPolice are always at rescue. Also, Renie and the Indiblogger team has always been special for the sole reason that they hear what ever their users say. Smile

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

tagged Renie

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Thank you so much Mohanji!

Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Mohan Zindabad! Smile

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

+1 Mohanji Zindabad!

Achyuth Sankar
Achyuth Sankar
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hey fellas :)

Here's what I feel.I think that if one submits an indivine post during the peak online hours,then maximum readability is achieved.But what if a blogger is unable to post during peak hours,and yet his or her post is worth seeing the limelight?That's the problem.There has to be some way where every single submitted post gets equal attention and scrutiny.Then,all posts will be judged equally,and the votes will finally be true to their purpose.What say? :)

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Achyuth I missed your suggestion, thanks a ton! I totally agree with you that's why I started this......

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
What is the peak online hour anyway???
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

that's confusing, coz it's eve is peak for some who arrive that time.........

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
13 years ago

I am one day old on IndiBlogger. That does not mean my posts are less worthy of a good chance to be seen on Indivine than posts by bloggers who've been here for a long time.  Any efforts to redress this are welcome. Thank you Mohini for starting this thread.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Thanks  a lot Pundit! I have experienced all this, so I started this thread!Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Everyone experiences it when new... It takes time for you to get noticed anywhere be it school, college, office, in sports, movies or as we all have seen here initially at Indiblogger!!
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Amitabh Bachchan delivered 9 flops before going on to be the superstar of the millenium, he is still going strong!! Sachin Tendulkar took more than 70 one day innings to score his first hundred, now he has 99 international hundreds!!! The thread is right, but for a newbie, I think it will always take some time for the system to work:):)
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Arti! Great info.....it's new for me.....especially about sachin, ya! i agree ,but when we get recognition and anybody wants to vote for their fav. blogger it is hard to find it, isn't it? Inspiring stories you shared.......

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Thanks Mohini:)
Madhav Mishra
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
13 years ago

and i believe the power of word of mouth.if the post is good it will spread no matter what and interested poeple are goin to read it.and the thing about good posts is.u always share the views.

but i believe its better than promoting ur blog IN-UR-FACE types Tongue out

voting or no voting shudnt stop u from writting what u feel

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

"voting or no voting shudnt stop u from writting what u feel" well said Madhav. 

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
13 years ago

+1 Madhav

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Well said Madhav

I think new Indibloggers should be accepted into the community with an indirank..... instead of them having to wait 1-2 months for their debut indirank.

Hmm?

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

It is really sad to wait for the first indirank and see na on your blog. what can be done for this?Undecided. Thanks Xeno for suggestion! 

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
I dont think it is feasible, Indiblogger needs all the data about the blog, which it gathers after your blog is approved and then the next Indirank update you get your first rank...
Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

The main reason, for the change in my mind was, last month my health was damaged and i couldn't visit other blogs or vote on indivine...and my votes were reduced drastically. just in 8 days ppl forgot me. so... ths is the world. better is immortal words.....on our blogs

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

But if these suggestions are implemented the things may change! 

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Mohini I never forgot you, I remember missing your posts... When you did not post for sometime I even enquired on your blog, that what is the matter... I have always loved your poems, I remember the first time I visited your blog and reviewed it... But its true that people forget you easily, be absent for sometime and you are forgotten:-(
Animesh
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Out of sight out of mind

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Arti, my sweetest friend, how can i say that about you, i saw is 2 or 3 days back, i was so sad ,that i couldn't reply. It was not for you! What i meant some ppl vote just for we voted them, and if we miss to vote , they stop too. it's ok if anyone is new. but after so many months, still same lane dane! I will always remember my first reader on my poem, that was you! Arti! please never think that way! 

@Ani- true!

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
I was just saying Mohini, that there are true friends too... I love your poems, so I vote for them... I know I was among your first readers and you have managed convert me into one of your loyal readers:):)
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Arti! I haven't managed, it's your love....makes me write more and more! while writing many times it's in my mind how will like this!Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
:)
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

An intro on the profile of the person is essential, well getting updates from your network is very useful suggestion.  I am only worried about my mail box, cleaning it would be a big headache Lolz.......anyways it is upto the indi management team who have been sensible so far.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Umeshji! Thanks it's very much needed! 

Why not make the calculation more tangible and complex.

For eg, If my indirank is 50. When i promote a post, i am contributing 1+0.50 isn't it?

If we add a rating feature in which we can also rate the blog out of 5, and i rate a post 4, then I am contributing 1 + 0.5 + 0.4

How about that? Gives a bit more power to the promoter!

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Shouldn't things be simple?

Just my opinion. I don't think that if someone likes a post and can promote it, he/she can also rate it within 5 stars. Its just a click. But it helps. You can express better as to how much you liked it!... Better posts will rise faster! Sealed

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Okies, I agree!!
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Xeno! Loved it, i think first was in my mind too, i have written somewhere, but you expressed exactly and rating is great! yes! This sounds great! Thanks for more suggestions. We will keep continue our war on avoidance!

@ Arti -Smile

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Mohini i am wondering what happened to two meets one is at Bangalore on 10 and Kolkatta on 20th.....there is no news, views or photos, but status shows meeting concluded successfully, can anyone throw some floodlight....Lolz

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Umeshiji! No idea! what is the meaning of succcessfully, what was the expectations of success? Frown

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Usually indivine is flooded with posts about the Indimeets, but since there is nothing there makes you wonder if they ever took place!!

LockSign in to reply to this thread