Generating revenue from the blog

Srividya Ram
Srividya Ram
from Bangalore
13 years ago

While I have been blogging more for my self,  after seeing the forum posts here, I understand that there is a good potential to earn money from the blog.

I have been supporting OnlySuccess Foundation, which is a non profit organization and if I can generate revenue from my blog, I can contribute more to the social cause. This is a very exciting thought for me, which need to be converted into action.

Give me pointers on where to start.

I blog mostly about my thoughts, our life, lifestyle, society and little bit about work.   Thanks in Advance. Any help is appreciated.

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Good, write quality content and increase your readership. The monetization part can start only after that.

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

"Likes" Mohan's response! (God, we do need a like button *sigh*)

@mohan ji, rightly said.

Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

+1

Srividya Ram
Srividya Ram
from Bangalore
13 years ago

All -  Thanks!

@Mohon..

I find I am trying my best about the content factor, but still I don't see reflection of that in visitor count. Forget about earning as with such low visit count I wonder who would advertise !!!

Medha Nagur
Medha Nagur
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Nothing can beat the quality content but that is not all. Marketing is even more important!

Its like you bake delicious cake and store in your home without spreading a word that the product is ready and good..... then your produce starts to rotting.

So u may start with FB, twitter, other blog directories, and this n that, and...............

Srividya Ram
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Thanks.  I think i will try this n that till i hit the right one!!

Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
13 years ago

What unique no of visitors say per month should be the tipping point before it starts the avalanche?

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
13 years ago

LOl ...cant agree more on that tweedlethumb (what was that btw?) your point#5... doesnt matter what you write, but its how you write! I have so many stuffs going un noticed coz they werent meant for capturing aam admi mindsets.. :-( 

but one point ..hard work does pay you off .. later than sooner! :-) 

LockSign in to reply to this thread