About Google Backlinks

Samuel
Samuel
from Hyderabad / Pilani
15 years ago

I have been blogging 'regularly'  for more than 2 months now - with 30 blog posts - and whenever I post a new topic, I've been regularly updating about it in Social Bookmarking sites like Mixx, Digg and Humsurfer.. But when I checked using a widget for finding the number of backlinks, I found that I had 112 Yahoo and AltaVista Backlinks, but 0 Google Backlinks!!!

Can the blogging/SEO gurus here please clarify about google backlinks. Does it take longer for google to take backlinks? How do backlinks actually get listed???

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Google doesn't assign you a backlink unless some one points a link at your blogpost from within their post (something like technorati authority) or provides you a trackback. But others like Yahoo, altavista count your comments at other blogs as backlinks in addition to the above hence this discrepancy. For more check out Yahoo site explorer,it gives more details about all the places where ur URL is found (i.e. the places where u left comments).

Samuel
Samuel
from Hyderabad / Pilani
15 years ago

Thnx a lot for the info Pushkar.. So in a way google backlinks show the amount of popularity/respect a blog has on the internet..

LockSign in to reply to this thread