Questions that need answers

tys
tys
from Sharjah
12 years ago

I came across these questions in this book called Emergency by Neil Strauss ( yes , the same guy)...in that he talks to a film maker called Forti who planned to do a documentary, travelling all over the world, asking different cultures whats their response to the below questions...

So what is yours?

1. What concerns u most in life?2.wht does it mean to live a good, fulfilled life?3.whts the problm with mankind and whats the solution?4.wht happens after u die?5. If theres a god, whats he like?

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Monica
Monica
from New Delhi
12 years ago

I am most concerned with the well-being and happiness of my closed ones.

A good fulfilled life is the one led to seek union with the almighty our father.

Problem with the mankind is what has been documented in Shrimad Bhagwat Geeta and solutions lie therein.

After we die we would either get moksha depending on our karm or a different birth in a different body not necesarily human or may be a gap of time between our next birth and death of this body.

btw nice book...whr cn I gt it :(

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

It looks as if you ultimate faith in the scriptures and God.

Monica ji ,nice, I hope I am not far enough

1) sufferings of people all around the world.

2)living a good fulfilled life can be said as having done all one can towards all responsibilities of family, society, nation, world, with inner satisfaction.

3)the problem with mankind is divisions of sects, boundaries of states, nations.the fight that ensues over differences in minor differences in relegion. solution : one basic humanity , the only religion all over the world. 

After one dies, is a very dicey phenomena and any answer will remain clouded. My study and firm beleif which I have gained so far is thus: just like in a mirror we see our reflection, the same way supreme force's reflection in our body is housed coined by varius names soul, antaratma, etc. when one dies the ultimate aim of this force is to unite with that supreme force. hurdles in between that arise are unfulfilled desires and work and botherations of families being so strong that the person longs for rebirth and after some wait , is reborn. with accounts of previous birth karma's written on his hand. with past life regression therapy many people have given conclusive proof of their past life.

when the person is devoid of desires he is united with supreme force. this feeling of outerforce with inner one is experienced by saint while in body.

What god is like, My conclusion is that he is just a feeling, what ever way one likes if one can feel him, ..., names one can give as they wish. or even say complete negation too. but what is, is, no one can change it. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

God is more than just feeling. He serves many other purposes. At times, we derive inspiration from the name of God. While at other times, we blame everything on God, when something goes wrong.

Ranjith, my point was only that one is free, and feeling of god can be in void, sun, moon, stars nature, etc.etc. wherever one wants can feel the force. 

Madhav Mishra
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
12 years ago

@tys dude arent u the funny guy? WHY SO SERIOUS?

tys
from Sharjah
12 years ago

is that how iam known now a days? damn!

earlier it was , tys, arent you that handsome fellow?

tys
tys
from Sharjah
12 years ago

ranjith , the questions were just that, questions...the answers are each persons...it shudnt be judged or seen from ur perspective...pls feel free to give your answers...lets leave others to themselves...what say?

i feel, let the healthy debate roll on. this way one can see where he errs

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I wasn't criticizing or judging anyone

Arvindh
Arvindh
from Chennai
12 years ago
  1. What concerns me most is my well being and that of my family and my quest is to ensure the means to achieve the same.
  2. A good fulfilled life is to earn my living, live life according to my set of beliefs, virtues and values, exposure to ideas and radical thinking that questions our perspectives and live with no regrets or guilt.
  3. The problems with mankind are

-          We rarely appreciate what we already have

-          The close minded approach to defending their beliefs rather than testing them continuously by pitting them against other radically different theories.

-          Not understanding the fundamental concept of money. (To understand that, one can google “Francisco D’Anconia’s speech” and read it)

-          Considering introspection a waste of time and energy.

Solutions

-          Well, education is the only way.

-          The resolve of every man to become rational – thus completing heir definition.

-          Understanding the phrase “the answer lies within”

1. When I die, I will become dust.
  2. I do not believe in God. But, I like the concept of God, acting as a barometer to measure the goodness in men.

Arvindh
from Chennai
12 years ago

*correction

4. When I die, I will become dust.

5. I do not believe in God. But, I like the concept of God, acting as a barometer to measure the goodness in men.

I like the idea of God in that perspective as well, we are on the same page Smile

Arvindh
from Chennai
12 years ago

Nice..  Smile

God does not only measure goodess, when he starts punishing, wrong doers, ( wo khud ki bhi nahi sunta)
Arvindh
from Chennai
12 years ago

@pramod: true.. wrong doers can be identified when thier goodness meters show negative scores... Wink

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Let us survive today tomorrow will be taken care, of course if one has to survive he has to battle all the bad vibes and be positive. To live a good life is to beget what you reasonably deserve and desire, remember the famous statement of M K Gandhi god provides for the needs, not for the greed. The problem with mankind is that we tend to ape others or compare ourselves with others. Be satisfied with what one has than there is no conflict. After i die i will be less burden on planet earth because i am using her resources in a rapid fashion. God is in nature worship nature, and believe in goodness, what you do to others it will never go un rewarded.

LockSign in to reply to this thread