The right time to Publish your blog posts

genobz
genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hello!

As you would know, the time at which each one of us uses the internet is different. 

Hence,

What would be the right time to publish our new post/article to get the maximum possible early views!??

Ans - When most of the people, whom you target as readers, are online!

For most of us, We target fellow Indians since our posts usually deal with India in one way or another. Hence, it is a small experiment of mine to understand the best time to publishing our posts. 

Pls take part in the same here - http://on.fb.me/ivZxXf

Note: Pls Select specific time frames when answering the poll. Do not answer with Anytime or Always as these do not, in any way, help in deciding the best time of publishing a post.

As of now (from 100 votes) , it seems that most people are online after 6 or 7 pm. Hence, that may be considered as the right time to publish your post. Check the latest results @ http://on.fb.me/ivZxXf

Cool 

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Have included preliminary results
Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Bilna Sandeep
Bilna Sandeep
from Abu Dhabi
12 years ago

hmm..never really thought about it...but i usually publish it the moment i am done writing the post..Laughing Most of my posts are random ones, and once i am done i simply find myself publishing it!! never ever thought about the concept of "right time to publish the posts"

But I guess what you said is true... Its during the peak times that we could get more people to read our posts. Maybe next time i publish a post i think i should start thinking about the 'right' time..

genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yea. I learnt that when I was reading about methods to improve blog readability. 

For posts that more like NEWS, publish them as soon as you finish writing.

For general opinion or thoughts that will appeal to masses, publish at the time when maximum people are online. 

Pls take part in the poll to help get a better result. thanks!

daniel david
from Mumbai
12 years ago

wonderful words like it 

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I post either in the morning at about 10 or in the evening at 6... But not particular as such...
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Further I think that if your content is unique and great then you do not need to worry about the time of publishing your posts, Provide quality content and people will flock to your blog, if not today then tomorrow!!
genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes, you are right. Quality content always grab attention. If not today, then tomorrow. 

But posting at the right time, just helps to spread the awareness about it quicker.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I accept with you. The time of publishing doesn't really matter. Quality is what is required.

Lighthouse Insights
from Pune
12 years ago

arti ur just on the blockhole ...content and reaching out to people is the primary thing :) i am sure ur deleiviring both 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I try my best :-)
daniel david
from Mumbai
12 years ago

ha hah a nise but i guess to write some hting we need to plan and for that we need time usually i choose the weekends for writing 

genobz
genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

When you post it in the morning at 10, most people (above 21) are in offices. So it is less likely that they will read your post.

Posting at 6pm is good choice as most people are just back home and would wanna check what is new to read online. 

good keep it up!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Don't people read posts posted at 10 in the morning later on in the evening?

genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes, they do! That is, IF they come across it. 

When two posts are published. one at 10am and the other at 6pm. People will come across the '6pm one' first (recent posts). it will get quicker attention than the ones previously published.

Similarily, the Latest tab will always show the 6pm post first and then the 10am posts..

Google this fore more info.. :)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
But when it is 10 in the morning here in India it is almost 9-10 in usa which brings lots of traffic too!!
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
But when it is 10 in the morning here in India it is almost 9-10 in the night in usa which brings lots of traffic too!!
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I think people are online during lunch breaks (at about 12-1 pm) and check out the internet... So the posts published at 10 am will be in the latest posts...
genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes. That is how it works for posts that are not location centric.

If you publish something about the Pav Bhaji in Mumbai at 10am, it is less likely that a random guy from US would be interested in reading that.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
That might be true but mine is a Travel Blog.
genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

ha ha.. yes they check it during the lunch breaks if they have access to sites like these..

Most IT professionals, can not access facebook, twitter from work.

Most guys working in marketing jobs do not get time to access net for leisure at work as well..

genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes Arti. It may not have much influence in the case of 'Travel Blogs'

Btw, you have a nice blog. Smile Keep up the good work!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
See, I dont think there is a fixed time to attract people, if there was any such golden time then everyone would be aware of it by now!! And thanks for the compliment, will visit your soon.
genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Sadly, There is no golden time. It depends on our target audience.

Lemme share something with you...

In college days, The only time people used to access internet was 1PM-2PM (lunch break) and 5PM onwards... (after afternoon classes). So if I was targeting the students of my college, i would get better results if i published my post at 1pm or 5pm.

In vacations, since most people used to spend their daytime roaming around with friends, I got better results when I published them at 9PM.

When I am targeting people who are technology oriented, i got better results when the posts were published early in the morning.

Just a bit of experience.. that is it.

The time of publishing affects only the early results. Later on, it is only the quality of the post that drives it.

daniel david
from Mumbai
12 years ago

agree with yorus point thats the only reason as i said write on weekend so that most of the people can see it and i guess this site is helping us a lot ot explore what we have written 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

The best time to publish new articles in during the start of the week when people do not have much work. Durings weekends, evryone try to turn off the computer and enjoy with their families.

genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes, that is true as well.

Also, articles related to productivity and work are usually read early in the week and posts related to leisure and fun are read towards the end of the week.

genobz
genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes, that is true as well.

Also, articles related to productivity and work are usually read early in the week and posts related to leisure and fun are read towards the end of the week.

genobz
genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

More than 70 votes have been cast till now.

You can cast your vote as well.  http://on.fb.me/ivZxXf

genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

as it seems by the poll results, most people are online only after 6 or 7 pm. (Working professionals, and college going students)

So one might consider publishing their content around these times if targeting Working professionals or College students.

Alia
Alia
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi!

I just publish my posts as soon as I'm done with them. I don't follow a pattern as such. I keep on wondering whether I should follow a pattern for publishing. Most of my followers are from US so I guess I should design a pattern keeping that in mind.

Alia

http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

genobz
genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I feel that a few people mistakenly believe that I support the 'Right time to publish' over the content. Just for clarification....

Obviously, the content and it's presentation are the ingredients for a good post. But Timing a post correctly adds the icing on the cake.

Some people believe it, and some don't. Give it a try, if you want, and it may produce better results. 

Keep experimenting guys! There's no harm in it! Laughing

LockSign in to reply to this thread