The 10 awesome links

genobz
genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi.

As a blogger, our blog readers are very important to us. They help us to look at different perspectives of a topic, provide valuable feedback and engage in enriching conversations. Thus, we create a community comprising of readers and bloggers with similar interests.

But, when a new reader comes to our blog, it is somewhat difficult for him/her to find the right post to read. It may happen that our latest posts are not what may interest him/her. Hence, in that case, we end up losing a valuable reader.

To address this minor issue, I thought of compiling 10 links which would point to our 10 awesome posts. Not similar posts. Each one of them should be awesome for diff reasons. We can put these up on our "About" page. This would help our readers know more about our blog and about us. At the same time, this will provide him/her our recommendations! 

So what do you think should be those 10 awesome links?

i'll start off by suggesting a few, pl contribute by posting which other links you would want to comprise your '10 awesome links'..

1. Your First Post 

2. The post you enjoyed writing the most

3. A post which ended up teaching you something

4. A post which had a great discussion

5. Your most helpful post

6. The post which has got maximum visits till date.

7. The post which has got you maximum revenue (only for people who can put ads)

8. A post which helped you make a lot of new blogger friends

9.  Your prize winning posts.

10.  A very inspiring post from someone else's blog

11.  A post with a title you are proud of

12. A post you wish more people had read.

13. A post you wish you had written (from someone else's blog)

14. A guest post you wrote on someone else's blog..

What else? suggest some more.

You can also choose any 10 of these (or your own) and compile your post of the "10 awesome links" and share its link here. 

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Minor Correction
Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Self promotion links may not be acceptable in the forum, dear, maybe one can create his own blogspot on the 14 topics listed and upload on Indivine.  I believe you should go through the tips for beginners post by Animesh on dos and dont s

genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi. Sorry, i did not quite understand why this is self promotion on forum.

Basically, I am suggesting that we write a post on these topics and link it to our "About" page so that new readers can know about the special posts that our blog has.

So, this way, I am just asking about those 10 possible "Titles" for the links. 

But yes, maybe, sharing that post comprising the 10 links would go better on Indivine but can't we even discuss what the 10 titles should be? 

Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Actually, if the intention of a thread is self promotion, then what's the harm?

I think that for those who want to do this, they should just go ahead and post links.

Umesh, forum rules are (or should only be) enforced within reason and must be followed keeping in mind the general acceptability of the thread. Perhaps 10 posts may be too much, but 3-4 links to pages seems sensible to me. It would be nice to see a few links of blogs that the authors share as those posts might possibly be a reflection of the authors themselves.

I don't read many blogs, but when I do visit one, I would love to see maybe 2-3 pages/posts that the author wants me to. It would give me a feel of the blog and then I could decide if I want to read more. Often, the home page and latest post are what we base our judgement on when we visit some site for the first time.

genobz, your suggestion makes sense, IMO. And if the bloggers write a 10-15 word description of the pages here along with the link, I would definitely be able to choose which 2-3 pages I want to see.

Pradeep
Pradeep
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Self-promotion is just like spreading the word by almost every other means but with the artistic approach then only it should be accepted.

LockSign in to reply to this thread