Do you have digital signature on your mail box ?

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I am experimenting with a digital signature in my yahoo mail box, guys i hope you too have your digital signatures on your mail box, which features when you compose mail.  I hope it helps in identifying the original mail from our side.  Do share you ideas on this feature

Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

What is this? 

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@ Mohini It is signature on all your mails, just like a vacation mail facility in your mail box

Somesh Mukherjee
from New Delhi
12 years ago

the concept emulates hand signature. When there is a document such as a letter you send to another person, you sign it. By signing it you acknowledge that you are the one sending the letter. Digital ID is similar. The content is protected by using your Digital Signature(it is a file with a password) only if you have the digital signature(issued by a recognized authority) and the password, you can sign a piece of information. Signing creates a hash of data using your signature and this is transmitted along with that information. If someone changes the file, it invalidates the signature. So if you receiving a signed document, it means that it was sent by the signee of the document. I know I talk really technical hope u understandPS: Digital Signature is not the signature that email clients allow you to add. That is just appending a few lines at the end of the email.

SubhashChy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Somesh, Yup you got deep in to technical. by the way your these lines "PS: Digital Signature is not the signature that email clients allow you to add. That is just appending a few lines at the end of the email." email clients nowadys allows you to add digitail signature through. used office 2010 ?

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Thank you for adding to my little knowledge. @Umeshji, Someshji, Subhashji. Is there any way to get it free? I would love to add.

SubhashChy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

are its not required by normal users until you are big guy.like who deals with too much sensetve informations.. if u want u can get it for free too may be Umesh jee can tell you more on where to get

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Ok Then......:)

LockSign in to reply to this thread