Wordpress or Blogger

Siju C Antony
Siju C Antony
from Kochi, India.
12 years ago

Which one do you prefer & why ?

Pros & Cons if any ?

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Initially posted the topic for blog review. Just came to see the suggestion, asking for blog reviews on a different section.
Replies 1 to 13 of 13 Descending
Varma
Varma
from trivandrum
12 years ago

No doubt on that Wordpress Always . Its awseome built for SEO and easy blogging. Highly customizable and easy to work one ...

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Siju, there already is a thread on this. If you could search that one out, you find there are so many who have shared their views. It wud be easy to see that instead of waiting for everyone to respond. You can bring that thread out again :)... Once you have done that, you can ask any od IndiPolice (myself, the Sorcerer, Animesh) to delete this thread.
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

You can check this thread out Siju -

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=30

Siju C Antony
from Kochi, India.
12 years ago

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the info about another related thread, of which i was previosly unaware of. It would be helpful, if you could delete this thread. I would also like to start a fresh blog review thread, instead of my existing one, as i have made considerable changes to my blog. Cheers.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Just edit that blog review thread stating that you have made so and so changes and would like fresh reviews.
Abhishek
Abhishek
from Allahabad
12 years ago

Wordpress.com ...

Pros: much better blogging platform...better writing options (codes, comments etc) and image placing (different size, diff places) ...bettter SEO....better support...better community

Cons: No ads..no income..no custom themes (has a large collection of themes though).. no java based plugins/widget

Blogger:

Pros: Ad enabled, lots of themes from different sources, java support for widgets

Cons: Poor posts writing, image placing, relatively poor SEO (yes)

img, #cubbies-overlay{ -moz-transition-property: margin, box-shadow, z-index; -moz-transition-duration: 0.1s; -webkit-transition-property: margin, box-shadow, z-index; -webkit-transition-duration: 0.1s; } .cubbies-selected{ z-index: 9999; box-shadow: 3px 3px 8px -1px blue !important; cursor: pointer !important; margin: -3px 3px 3px -3px; } .cubbies-selected:active{ box-shadow: 2px 2px 5px -1px darkblue !important; margin: -1px 1px 1px -1px; } #cubbies-overlay{ position: fixed; z-index: 9999; bottom: 30px; left: 30px; box-shadow: 0 2px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.8); border: none; } #cubbies-overlay:hover{ box-shadow: 0 2px 3px rgb(0,0,0); }
Siju C Antony
from Kochi, India.
12 years ago

That was informative, thanks for the details. Just to let you know, there is a very popular thread with the same topic. Check this out, you might get more info here.

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=30 

Cheers.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Regards Blogspot, its easy to use and manouvere. And since I have used only blogspot, cant really say about my preference over wordpress :)

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Self hosted wordpress.

Kajal
from Bangalore
12 years ago

i agree..

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Had a look at the old thread. An absolutely useless thread with most people just saying which one they like better without strong justification. Only point that came out clearly is that word press gives you much more freedom - But not clear freedom to do what?  And freedom for who? The geeky kinds or for everyone?

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Oh, I am sorry. Actually I dint go through the replies in that thread before pasting the link. Did it solely on the basis of the number of replies it contained. My bad, shall be more careful in future.
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

No, Arti. Didn't mean to criticize you for your effort. Just disappointed at not finding a concrete reply.

Siju C Antony
from Kochi, India.
12 years ago

Sorry for the delay. I have requested the IndiPolice to remove this thread at the earliest, to avoid further discussions here. Thankyou for the prompt replies. Cheers

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I very well know that @TF :) Dint take it as criticism either. In fact, on the contrary, I so very much appreciate your reply. Will help prevent so many here from wasting their time on clicking that link and taught me something as well. Thanks Smile

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
If u guys think the link arti gave was not good enough, let this thread continue. Else i can delete this one.
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I found that thread did not fully answer the question. But here also, only Abhishek's reply went some way towards answering the question. That thread out of the 43 replies more than 30 seem to be just people expressing voice vote in favor of WordPress or Blogger.  I failed to understand what purpose it served except to boost post counts. Possibly 3-5 replies there are not too bad.So thats my opinion. Indi police can take a call whether the continue the discussion there or here.

Siju C Antony
from Kochi, India.
12 years ago

Its all good, you can delete this thread. No worries. Happy New Year :)

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I had a look  at the old thread again. Possibly it is not as bad as I thought. Guess it is just me getting frustrated at still not being able to decide whether to continue with my current blog or buy domain name from blogger or free wordpress or hosted word press. I have been doing some research on this on the net. I will share once Indipolice decide which thread is going to run. There is also one more new thread about migration issues. Should we have that also on a same thread or have it separately?

Siju C Antony
from Kochi, India.
12 years ago

I guess, migration issues would do good if its separate.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

As in not the specific issues people face as they are migrating. More like getting to know what are all the difficulties one will face if one decides to migrate existing content from elsewhere rather than starting from scratch.

Sankar
Sankar
from Trivandrum
12 years ago

well even I have been wondering about the same question whats different between wordpress and blogger :)

well thanks for the information :)

I might just continue with Blogger for now. Will check out wordpress if I am ever needing a new blog.

Udit Malhotra
Udit Malhotra
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Self Hosted Wordpress is Best ! It Allows More customization as per one's need.

Chaitanya Kulkarni
Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
12 years ago

own cms Tongue out but tht aint possible for everyone, wordpress/joomla or even drupal is good.

seen blogger/blogspot blogs rank well since they are owned by google itself. lot of work goes under a selfhosted blog in terms of monitary as well as seo.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago
I am thinking of buying a domain to start with and linking my blogspot blog. Is it a good idea to buy from godaddy, google or someone else? What are the pros and cons. Can I first buy a domain and then think about moving to word press and later about self hosting? Can this be done step by step over some time?
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

No to godaddy for domain. Best to do is get a $10 domain registration via google- or else hostgator straight away. This way if you want to shift to selfhosted wordpress, you can do it with hostgator and they'll take care of it for you.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago
So can I buy only domain from hostgator for time being and use it with my blogger blog, wait for 5-6 months for redirection to happen and rank to build up and then move it to self hosted word press?

LockSign in to reply to this thread