Launch of IndiStream

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Today, we're super happy to announce the launch of IndiStream:

http://www.indiblogger.in/indistream/

How did this feature come about?

• We had an awesome blogger meet at Mumbai.
  • Mumbai's bloggers had such a hangover they decided to continue the discussion on Twitter, using #inditweetmeet. This was spearheaded by Sneha and Abhinav (Has he changed his twitter id?).
  • Thanks to #inditweetmeet, we decided that we need to support this and make it official. We just didn't know how - at the time.
  • We realized that #inditweetmeet can be abused - by non IndiBloggers and spammers. (There was a non-indiBlogger spammer who even showed up, in person, at our IndiBlogger meet! Frown)
  • If we use #inditweetmeet to chat, our followers and blog readers will not like so many updates on their twitter timeline.  We needed to keep the majority of the discussion "within the family" - and only tweet what was relevant to our followers.
  • There have been several requests on the forum for a chat feature. The one that made us sit up and think was this one, where it was pointed out that the forum was losing it's relevancy. The forum was built to be a relatively timeless resource of well-researched information - where bloggers can come, get help, find the information they need, and more importantly - help others. As of now, the forum is used for everything - online blogger meetups, hellos, "how are yous", and good natured abuses. Smile So the decision was obvious - seperate the "chat" from the "resource". Of course, there will be an overlap, but we do hope it would be less!
  • IndiBlogger has too many things going on, especially on the forum - personally, it's added at least 6 extra tabs to my usual browsing experience. It kills me when I see so many suggestions for IndiBlogger going unattended to by Myself and the team. We really hope to clone ourselves soon. Frown On that note, the closest thing we have to cloning is actually making babies, so...
  • Anwin, one of our co-founders, had a baby boy a few days ago. His name is Ayden, but we call him the IndiBaby. Innocent Anwin's wife Nafisa happens to be our blogger meet coordinator. Smile

There's nothing more inspiring than a tiny clueless kid who's looking at you for inspiration. 

We Blog, Therefore We Have IndiStream! Hope you all like it folks! Smile As always, give us suggestions, bugs found, and feedback!

-------------------

P.S. - This is a tribute from our team to everyone on this forum: December 2007, we listed a short bunch of abusive words to filter all inputs posted here. Almost 3 years later, we've never, ever had to add another word - nor has the abusive filter ever been used for it's intended purpose. That's something that can be said only for Indian Bloggers. We love this place - you guys rock. Smile

1-20
21-21
Replies 1 to 20 of 21 Descending
Sowmya
Sowmya
from Chennai, Manama
13 years ago

Awesome work Renie - Checked out Indistream, it is really cool. Well done to you and your team (incl. Indybaby that Addy can now add to his Indictionary)

Sowmya

http://www.buzzzstop.com/

Saurabh Shah
Saurabh Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Amazing! I feel like witnessing that white screen of Sea Princess's Regal Room again! Congrats, Renie and your team.Cool

@ Anwin-Nafisa, Heartiest congratulations to the new parents!Smile

sm
sm
from india
13 years ago

great job

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

This is indeed a great start. I shall keep this thread updated about the enhancement requests. Let me start with few:

1. Mention of indibloggers count on the IndiTalk

2. IndiPrivateTalk (Who doesn't need this?)

3. Update FAQ section for both forum and IndiStream to ensure people adhere to guidelines. No more chats on Forum :)

4. IndiStream framesize should be customizable - I may not need all those twitter streams : Personalization of the view.

More to follow soon.

Anwin and Nafisa - congratulations. take good care of yourselves and the IndiBaby.

Rohini
Rohini
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Amazing addition, Renie and the team. Congrats to Anwin and Nafisa.

Rachana Agarwal
Rachana Agarwal
from Noida
13 years ago

This is really very interesting! Good job guys!

Shinjini Mehrotra
Shinjini Mehrotra
from Gurgaon
13 years ago

Just checked out Indistream ---- amazing!! Does this mean that we'll now have to login here for inditweetmeets? Can't do it on the sly from our phones anymore? Wink

Congrats to Anwin and Nafisa!!

Elizabeth Joseph
Elizabeth Joseph
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Wow!!! Hope I will be able to be more active in Indiblogger using IndiStream

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

This is aweHsome no doubt!

IndiBaby! wow! thats some nick! Congrats to Anwin and Nafisa the IndiParents!

Sneha Sharma
Sneha Sharma
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Renie, abhinav's handle at twitter is @abhinav_hee_haw

Thanksa lottt Guys!!

You have no idea, my height before reading this post and yesterday before the official launch was 5'6" and now it is 11111' Lol!! Just kidding!!

I am elated,happy,proud,and am experiencing all the positive emotions one can go thru! :)

Thanks a lott!!

and happy to hear, we have IndiParents here!! Congrats guys!! Post the baby's pic!! Would love to c the IndiBaby!!

Cheers!!

Just a pen in my hand
Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

hey hey hey.....heartiest congrats to Anwin and Nafisa !!! Smile !!! IndiBlogger has an IndiBaby !!!

IndiStream is great awesome superb.....!!!! who needs email updates nemore !!!! n moreover , it makes converstions more flowing , and indibloggers can b always up to date wid te latest trends on the forum n twitter........

wel , as Mohan ji said , IndiPrivateChat is of course needed, bt then I gues we wud also need things like "block this user" n stuff like tat..... Innocent ......wud b a gr8 thing in future....

and also , humble request , as u said Renie , differentiating between resources n drivel is absolutely necessary , bt i gues te forum talk, sometimes however stupid it mite sound , does help a lot , n makes ground for some interesting conversations.....so plz do not , never ever , tighten a noose around tat.....i hope u understand , a simple conversation can b more helpful than a full volume of FAQs......

tats it ! gr8 job , wis i cud pat ur back , n coax u into buying us a bar, full of cans...by us , I mean we can call Addy over ;)

cheers , n thanx guys !!! keep up te good work , u rock !!!

blog gore
blog gore
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hi Renie... Can we have search on Indivine too...

Dibakar Sarkar
Dibakar Sarkar
from Kolkata
13 years ago

A wonderful step indeed...

Firoze Shakir
Firoze Shakir
from Mumbai
13 years ago

indi baby

is the new hope

a new dawn

along with

the indi baby

a thread

blogging

for peace

was born

my heartiest

congratuations to

anwin nafisa

a child

to play

in the

indilawn

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Congrats to the IndiParents! welcome IndiBaby Wink

IndiStream is a great way to look at whats happening at the forum... again, brilliant work IndiBlogger team... living upto our expatations and making us all happy...

btw, I am still wondering how to use IndiTalk???

Fortystones
Fortystones
from Allahabad, India
13 years ago

Great initiative by indiblogger. Hope to see more of these in future.

:)

http://fortystones.com

Sanjay Vedula
Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Congratulations Renie and Indiblogger team. This is awesome.

Cheers to Sneha and Abhinav!

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Many are facing problems of their tweets not showing on indistream!

Anwin/Karthick/Renie where are thou? How shall we summon the IndiGods? Innocent

Interesting!..Good work renie

Anshul Tewari
Anshul Tewari
from Noida
13 years ago

Ok, so its been ages since I logged in and there is loads to tell. Whoa! It feels great to be back and to see so many positive and awesome changes here. I loved the indi tweet meet and the indi stream ideas. Great! Congrats to the Indi team and to all bloggers here. really amazing to be back :D

http://www.youthkiawaaz.com

1-20
21-21
LockSign in to reply to this thread