Launch of IndiStream
Today, we're super happy to announce the launch of IndiStream:
How did this feature come about?
- We had an awesome blogger meet at Mumbai.
- Mumbai's bloggers had such a hangover they decided to continue the discussion on Twitter, using #inditweetmeet. This was spearheaded by Sneha and Abhinav (Has he changed his twitter id?).
- Thanks to #inditweetmeet, we decided that we need to support this and make it official. We just didn't know how - at the time.
- We realized that #inditweetmeet can be abused - by non IndiBloggers and spammers. (There was a non-indiBlogger spammer who even showed up, in person, at our IndiBlogger meet! )
- If we use #inditweetmeet to chat, our followers and blog readers will not like so many updates on their twitter timeline. We needed to keep the majority of the discussion "within the family" - and only tweet what was relevant to our followers.
- There have been several requests on the forum for a chat feature. The one that made us sit up and think was this one, where it was pointed out that the forum was losing it's relevancy. The forum was built to be a relatively timeless resource of well-researched information - where bloggers can come, get help, find the information they need, and more importantly - help others. As of now, the forum is used for everything - online blogger meetups, hellos, "how are yous", and good natured abuses. So the decision was obvious - seperate the "chat" from the "resource". Of course, there will be an overlap, but we do hope it would be less!
- IndiBlogger has too many things going on, especially on the forum - personally, it's added at least 6 extra tabs to my usual browsing experience. It kills me when I see so many suggestions for IndiBlogger going unattended to by Myself and the team. We really hope to clone ourselves soon. On that note, the closest thing we have to cloning is actually making babies, so...
- Anwin, one of our co-founders, had a baby boy a few days ago. His name is Ayden, but we call him the IndiBaby. Anwin's wife Nafisa happens to be our blogger meet coordinator.
There's nothing more inspiring than a tiny clueless kid who's looking at you for inspiration.
We Blog, Therefore We Have IndiStream! Hope you all like it folks! As always, give us suggestions, bugs found, and feedback!
P.S. - This is a tribute from our team to everyone on this forum: December 2007, we listed a short bunch of abusive words to filter all inputs posted here. Almost 3 years later, we've never, ever had to add another word - nor has the abusive filter ever been used for it's intended purpose. That's something that can be said only for Indian Bloggers. We love this place - you guys rock.
Awesome work Renie - Checked out Indistream, it is really cool. Well done to you and your team (incl. Indybaby that Addy can now add to his Indictionary)
Amazing! I feel like witnessing that white screen of Sea Princess's Regal Room again! Congrats, Renie and your team.
@ Anwin-Nafisa, Heartiest congratulations to the new parents!
This is indeed a great start. I shall keep this thread updated about the enhancement requests. Let me start with few:
1. Mention of indibloggers count on the IndiTalk
2. IndiPrivateTalk (Who doesn't need this?)
3. Update FAQ section for both forum and IndiStream to ensure people adhere to guidelines. No more chats on Forum :)
4. IndiStream framesize should be customizable - I may not need all those twitter streams : Personalization of the view.
More to follow soon.
Anwin and Nafisa - congratulations. take good care of yourselves and the IndiBaby.
Just checked out Indistream ---- amazing!! Does this mean that we'll now have to login here for inditweetmeets? Can't do it on the sly from our phones anymore?
Congrats to Anwin and Nafisa!!
Wow!!! Hope I will be able to be more active in Indiblogger using IndiStream
This is aweHsome no doubt!
IndiBaby! wow! thats some nick! Congrats to Anwin and Nafisa the IndiParents!
Renie, abhinav's handle at twitter is @abhinav_hee_haw
Thanksa lottt Guys!!
You have no idea, my height before reading this post and yesterday before the official launch was 5'6" and now it is 11111' Lol!! Just kidding!!
I am elated,happy,proud,and am experiencing all the positive emotions one can go thru! :)
Thanks a lott!!
and happy to hear, we have IndiParents here!! Congrats guys!! Post the baby's pic!! Would love to c the IndiBaby!!
hey hey hey.....heartiest congrats to Anwin and Nafisa !!! !!! IndiBlogger has an IndiBaby !!!
IndiStream is great awesome superb.....!!!! who needs email updates nemore !!!! n moreover , it makes converstions more flowing , and indibloggers can b always up to date wid te latest trends on the forum n twitter........
wel , as Mohan ji said , IndiPrivateChat is of course needed, bt then I gues we wud also need things like "block this user" n stuff like tat..... ......wud b a gr8 thing in future....
and also , humble request , as u said Renie , differentiating between resources n drivel is absolutely necessary , bt i gues te forum talk, sometimes however stupid it mite sound , does help a lot , n makes ground for some interesting conversations.....so plz do not , never ever , tighten a noose around tat.....i hope u understand , a simple conversation can b more helpful than a full volume of FAQs......
tats it ! gr8 job , wis i cud pat ur back , n coax u into buying us a bar, full of cans...by us , I mean we can call Addy over ;)
cheers , n thanx guys !!! keep up te good work , u rock !!!
Thank you one and all, indibloggers, for the warm welcome to the baby.
Love the name these guys have given to your baby... Indibaby... cute na?
hey congrats Anwin! please convey my best to Nafisa too!
is the new hope
a new dawn
the indi baby
Congrats to the IndiParents! welcome IndiBaby
IndiStream is a great way to look at whats happening at the forum... again, brilliant work IndiBlogger team... living upto our expatations and making us all happy...
btw, I am still wondering how to use IndiTalk???
I just tried to see what happens if I send out a tweet with inditweetmeet hashtag from normal twitter interface and it showed up on indistream...chk http://twitter.com/binaryday/status/23927862620
You may want to look into it as it will allow spammers to contiue spamming the meet...
Great initiative by indiblogger. Hope to see more of these in future.
Congrats to the whole team for coming up with an awesome idea! :) ANd congrats to the new parents!
Everything's good. But You people still fetch the tweets from Twitter's search stream. There's a hitch in that. Like me, there are a lot of people, for some unknown reason, don't show up in twitter's search result. Well, I think you know already what it means. We're staying behind the scnene here. We can't participate in the discussions or anything. So have a look at that.
One suggestion would be, those who, like me, complains with it, add their stream manually to the LiveStream. Please have a look at that.
Nice effor otherwise. Liked it. :)
I blog at http://bibhas.in/blog .
But how do you do that? Even my tweets ain't showing up in the search result!
It can be done through programming and a bit crawling of the absent user's stream..