IndiBlogger - Blog of the Day

Ram Prasad
Ram Prasad
from Chicago
15 years ago

Suggestion was to have a "Blog of the Day."

The idea is Renie's. But I support it whole-heartedly. Each day, highlight one blog so that the rest of us can go visit it.

Perhaps this forum readers could nominate, and any number of criteria could be used to decide which should be selected. (I am sure the readers here have tons of suggestions for which and why should be selected.)

Like someone in another thread suggested, the Indi team doesn't even have to make the criteria fully public. As long as the quality is above a certain threshold, it makes it easy for us to find good blogs. (Archive the list somewhere that is easy to find.)

Given the number of blogs we have (>4000), it will take over 10 years to cover them all at the rate of one a day.

So Renie, let's get this started. We can improve the system along the way.

Ram

First 1-20
21-40
Replies 21 to 40 of 40 Descending
Pratibha
Pratibha
from Bangalore
15 years ago

And the random blogs to be picked up from the blogs which have been updated in the past 24-48 hours .. so we do not get to read old posts :)

Kabeeranban
from Mysore
15 years ago

Now that the Blog-Ring is operational you may put the Navigation in one of your best post and get the other members to read the favorite post of yours ,however old that may be !

go to Ring A Ring A Roses

Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
15 years ago

How about a blog carnival? Invite all people to write on a topic & then select the best blog on the basis of voting. Topics should change every week to keep it fair. Common & broad topics would limit the bias. Also featured blog i.e. the blog of the week & link to the carnival blogs be displayed on all participants sites or on the frontpage of indiblogger. 

Best blogs

SVD
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Blog Carnival?? Undecided ok no problem.. but what about regional language writer's ? are they in different category??

Pratibha
Pratibha
from Bangalore
15 years ago

blog carnival will be cool !! it can be done bi-weekly .. sort of inspiration for bloggers like me ( who write only when prompted )

Cyril Sam
Cyril Sam
from Delhi
15 years ago

Wouldn't a blog of the week/the Blog of the Month seem a little more practical? They can be awarded on the basis of blog content and probably a popular choice award could also be instituted?

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

You're in for a pleasant surprise - just give us a week to polish what we created. Smile

Cyril Sam
from Delhi
15 years ago

I look forward to the surpirize.

Bishwajeet Mahato
Bishwajeet Mahato
from Jamshedpur
15 years ago

that seems a great idea

hoping for the best

Shashi
Shashi
from Mumbai
15 years ago

hmm... too many ideas.....

I wud say just give monthly awards...

Like best blog design ,best blog content, best funny blogs n all.. .dnt overload wid accolades.. the value decreases....

monthly awards are gud.. people get to read and comment about them too..

TIP Guy
TIP Guy
from Vadodara
15 years ago

Identify a group of five folks who will decide which blog to feature. The blog should remain featured for atleast one week.

This group should evaluate blogs on atleast  5 different characteristics. Aggregate the numerical evaluation. Let the best be nominated. This will bring consistency in evaluation, quality in evaluation, and higher level of rewards for individual blogger.

Best Regards,

kunal sachdeva
kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

I think there should be awards on the basis of categories here like political blog, poems blog, music blog & Computer technology blogs.

& One more thing only THose Bloggers who are active here would participate.

We should create aforum where bloggers would have to submit their urls in respective category.

& Monthly we can decide blog of a moth in respective categories!!!!

http://kunalsachdeva.wordpress.com/

regards

kunal

Tangerine
Tangerine
from Assam
15 years ago

@ Sashi: I totally agree with you... the plans are all really good.

so whats d progress?

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Shashi - nice suggestion. Smile A few more days and it would have been too late. Ranking of Indian Blogs "IndiRank" and "IndiBlogger of the Month" with prizes sponsored by Microsoft  coming up in 2 hours folks!

Lakshmi Rajan
Lakshmi Rajan
from Bangalore
15 years ago
Tangerine
Tangerine
from Assam
15 years ago

isnt indirank more of a score?

I mean how do we know whethr a blog is in the top 50 or top 100 or top 500?

Will the top ranking blog be awarded blog of the month each time? if so what if d same blog tops twice? does it mean it is blog of the month again??

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Hey Tangerine, have you read this post:

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=608

Tangerine
Tangerine
from Assam
15 years ago

it still doesnot ans my first question.

Say a blog has a indirank of 70, and we know the top indirank is say 78.... how do we know that the blog (with indirank 70) is in the top 50 or top 100 etc?

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Hmm... that's a good question. There is a way though - when you search for a tag, the top ranked ranked blogs come on top. Every search result page shows 10 blogs - so if you're in the first 5 pages, then you're in the top 50!

Tangerine
from Assam
15 years ago

ok i guess that makes sense.

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Hey y'all Blog of the MONTH is up and running! Check out the cool prizes and happy blogging! keep the ideas coming .. its been an awesome ride !!

Revathi
Revathi
from Denver
15 years ago

Hello everyone,

I honestly think we should feature more than one blog every day. Say maybe 5. Why? Because I believe new entrants such as myself would really like to take a shot at having their blog taken seriously and if we get unlucky we may really have our blog featured only once in 10 years since there are so many blogs.

Thoughts?

Revathi
from Denver
15 years ago

BTW pls do drop into my blog at http://lafemmereva.blogspot.com

Revathi
Revathi
from Denver
15 years ago

Okay here is my pitching.

What is my blog about and why should you read it?

My blog is like a a gems packet. There's something in it for every mood. And you should read it because if read mine I will read yours!! :):)

And why should I be nominated?

Because the encouragement will go a long way in motivating me to write better and more often!!

There. Simple, honest plain pitching with no fine print or tags attached!

~Reva

Rahul Anand
Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

The monthly awards were fixed finally right? Hey who picked up this topic again?! Laughing

kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

yes... when we have Decided that we will be giving Monthly awards........

There is no Point Talking about it......

Nithin Jayan
Nithin Jayan
from Kollam
15 years ago
kunal sachdeva
kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

when we have Decided that we will be giving Monthly awards........

There is no Point Talking about it all over again....

Archana Joyce
Archana Joyce
from Chennai
15 years ago

Would it be easier if we can shortlist severals days in advance and have a poll?

Archie

First 1-20
21-40
LockSign in to reply to this thread