Purnendu would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://shadowsgalore.com ] IndiRank: 72

Please review my Travel and Photography Blog :P

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

~ Mark Twain Mr. Twain wrote it long back and today, we could not agree more. We are regular corporate folks who slog 5-6 days a week but try to take a break once in a while and go out to seek new places and gain new experiences. This weblog is a look at the world, the places we have been to, the people we have met and the experiences we had, through our eyes... behind the lens ... hope you will enjoy the 'journey' ...

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: Times have changed :P
Replies 1 to 18 of 18
The Techie
The Techie
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Very beautiful photos.Would like to join you on your next trip.

My friend was looking for a photography website.Will ask him to have a look at your's for once.

Ishita
Ishita
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Dear Purnendu,

The first word which came after viewing your wbsite is WOW....

It is amazing,,pictures are classy and articles data are well written....

Again Pictures are amazingly great!!! Superb

Your theme is also good..No suggestions...

Have a  look at my site - http://www.investmentbazar.com

Thanks

Ishita Sharma

Shubham Choudhary
Shubham Choudhary
from Pune
12 years ago

amazing website buddy :)This is just the thing everyone looks for when he searches for a photography and travel related website..Can't think of suggestions for this one :)PS: have a look at my blog too.. its new and i am trying to improve it everyday

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Techie, Ishita and Shubham: Thanks a lot guys! It was morale boosting ! Smile

bhanu prakash pandey
bhanu prakash pandey
from New Delhi
12 years ago

hey man

I had a look at your blog this morning..Its good. I mean it gives you that very positive feel whether you write of some lil troubles. light humor is an imp element as it keeps up that momentum.

Of all things I love nature the most. I had been on few treks in himalayas. So loved that chill on my neck when i read your escapades

Guess u r hiding some more pics in ur jhola.

Best

Bhanu

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Thank you Bhanu. 

Guys, Based on some feedbacks, have made changes to the blog to make it more organized. Hope Shadows Galore is a better experience now. 

Thanks again :)

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Like has been said before me, it is a wonderful log of your travels! :) Your photographs make it quite stunning to read too! Nice design as well, the only thing I'd like to suggest is that u make it a two column template. widen the post area and a single sidebar to the right. Your posts are long, so the widgets all in one side won't overshoot the post area anyways! and the reader's eye can stick to the post more than the sidebars, which I think is the aim right? Other than that, quite readble, organized.. Good place to hop to for a travelogue! :)

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Hi Vinay, 

You said what was going on in my mind. Immediately responding, I have changed the template to 2 columns and made it easier to read. 

Thanks for pitching in to help :)

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

mera bhi karo :P maine already kiya hai tumhara ek mahine pehle hi. :P

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago
Taking another step, have migrated from blogger hosted blog to a self hosted weblog. A tedious process with some mishaps like the blogroll getting deleted. But now everything seems to be looking fine except some minor bugs and the look and feel.
Kumar
Kumar
from Singapore
12 years ago

your blog is wonderful... your photography skills are awesome.. wow... what camera do you use?

Nikhil Poddar
Nikhil Poddar
from Kolkata
12 years ago

As all said, the pictures are neat.

I can suggest that you change the style of the Blog Title, doesn't do your blog justice.

www.thenikiller.blogspot.com

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

@Tamil: Thanks :) .. WellI use a very basic camera D3000. Its the most economical DSLR that I could afford to buy :) 

But as my teacher says, camera is like a pen - the price doesnt not reflect the quality of the output :)

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

@NIkhil : 

Thanks Nikhil. That was an interesting observation that you made. Can you suggest what kind of style I should use for the Title logo ? 

Ashwani Kumar
Ashwani Kumar
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Hey Purnendu,

You have a great blog buddy. You did an awesome job in caputring the beauty of india in your camera.The himalayn trek is simply superb,seeing it even i want to go on a himalayan adventure.

keep going , looking forward to seeing more wonderful pictures on your blog :) 

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Thanks Aswin, will drop by soon. 

Varun Porwal
Varun Porwal
from Gurgaon
12 years ago

Hey Purnendu,

Loved your blog. I m also interested in photography, this blog of yours has enhanced my passion for the photography.

Thanks for sharing your Photos.

I Suggest for putting the name of your blog 'shadowsgalore.com' on each and every photos which you click. 

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

A belated thanks to inspiration Daily :). 

Actually I put the Shadows Galore mark only on the photos taken by me or Ekta, the owners of the blog. The photos by Guest Authors remain their property. 

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
11 years ago

nice blog. only suggestion is that write a bit more. create the feel with words and photos together.

Purnendu
from Pune
11 years ago

Thanks Jayakumar. I am not traveling during hot summers hence lesser post from me. But I will surely try to write more :)

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
11 years ago

Since we have gone through an overhaul, I am back asking for fresh reviews :P