Wordpress Blog Query

Shubham Choudhary
Shubham Choudhary
from Pune
12 years ago

Though i always prefer wordpress for blogging because of the themes and the user friendly plus a very nice admin panel, i miss blogspot (I shifted from there) because of one reason.. ie., embedded html. wordpress blog doesn't support embedded html codes except for twitter , facebook etc. i wanted to embed a pacman game in my blog like i did on my blogspot blog but i couldn't. So i wanted to know is there any alternate way for doing that? Thanks :)

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Ascending
iChetan
iChetan
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Can't we just use HTML codes to include the pacman game. There is no way for embedded HTML.. I tried it way earlier. 

Abhishek
Abhishek
from Allahabad
12 years ago

Here are my two cents...

You can use HTML  codes in the TEXT widget. It works smoothly.

But it does not allow any scripts like Java or iframe for security purposes.

I have a number of HTML widgets on my wordpress.com blog. You can check that out..:)

Shubham Choudhary
from Pune
12 years ago

i did that.. problem of embedded code stays right there.. wordpress is too smart i gues..But still.. an awesome blog u have.. nice work :)

Abhishek
from Allahabad
12 years ago

Thanks for liking my blog..:)

The Techie
The Techie
from Bangalore
12 years ago

yes you can...just selet text widget and enter your HTML.It should work.

Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

I agree.  Try the TEXT Widget. Any code that you enter should work as long as your game fits within your sidebar.

You can also try it in Header or footer.

Shubham Choudhary
from Pune
12 years ago

it doesn't.. Embedded HTML isn't allowed on a wordpress blog under the text widget you're saying.. i have tried it.. it only validated the html codes of twitter and facebook.. other 3rd party posts weren't allowed..

Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Did you try in the header or footer?

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

HTML works. Those iframe type dynamic html (or whatever you guys call it) does not work on wordpress. But I think it works on self hosted wordpress.

Shubham Choudhary
from Pune
12 years ago

i tried header and footer as u said.. didn't work.. and its correct that embedding can only be done on self hosted wordpress blog.. All i am asking is.. anyway with which i can embed a pacman game in my wordpress blog? Embedding flash game or html isn't working and i read wordpress forums too, they don't allow it.. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread