How to get more comments?

Roopa KM
Roopa KM
from Kozhikode
12 years ago

Hi

There are so many visitors in my blog. However, they just read my post and leave the blog. Rarely, a few comments are visible for each post. How to increase the comments? I would really love to see feedbacks for my blog posts. Without comments, blog looks dull.

Replies 1 to 19 of 19 Ascending
Mayur
Mayur
from goa
12 years ago

Start writing about controversial stuff like Anna hazare, congress vs BJP, Hindu nationalism, windows vs mac, steve jobs vs RMS you will get so many comments that you won't have time to read them. LOL just kidding. I have seen people commenting mostly on posts which relates to them or makes them remember something in their life, maybe try writing on more generalised stuff. And just to encourage readers at the end ask for their opinions, ask a question or just pass some controversial statement.

Roopa KM
Roopa KM
from Kozhikode
12 years ago

Sure...I'd like to know more about your project...Expect my mail  soon :)

Ankit Chugh
Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
12 years ago

@Roopa... you can do one more thing. Start doing guest blogging. This brings more backlinks, subscribers and visitors to your website for lifetime. Add people here to Facebook, always remain in contact. You never know when you get to chance to learn more about new things. I am working on a new big project, and would be looking for guest blogger. If you feel to write, just send me a mail to ankitchugh@facebook.com I'll get back to you when things are ready and my guest bloggers would be rewarded too in monetary terms if you have a google adsense account. 

Roopa KM
Roopa KM
from Kozhikode
12 years ago

I love to hear others' opinion on my blog posts...That is the only aim of my blog marketing ;)

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Roopa, agreeing with Ankit & also, having visited ur blog, I think you can wait a while before trying adsense and monetory purposes.. Enjoy writing first, build up a strong following... Then, if u want to monetize, u can :)

Roopa KM
Roopa KM
from Kozhikode
12 years ago

Thanks Ankit for such a detailed reply...

Yeah...I started blogging out of passion to write...

I was not much aware of blog marketing...

I merely mailed the links to my friends through emails and Facebook...

Now only I'm trying my hand in blog marketing...

Even that I do for getting peoples's opinons so that I can improve...

Ankit Chugh
Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
12 years ago

@Roopa... one thing always keep in mind... whether you have content to publish or not (lesser or more), just always stick to the topic of blog and theme. Never publish anything irrelevant to what you started keeping in mind. I have seen blogs which different blog title name & totally different theme. Although they get visitors but would hardly get comments & then again people really won't become subscribers or regular readers of their blogs. All traffic they got is from google only. But what is success is actually making people come back on your blog & subscribe to it. Also I really appreciate bloggers like you who just blog because they love blogging and not for monetary purpose. Always remember, even if you want to monetize, first get good content and good network & then monetize it. And even i accept, i started blogging for blogging and monetized it after 4-5 months. Even i get now 12000+ visitors but my subscriber count is good for what the topic is & people appreciate and follow what i publish. And you won't believe i get more emails than comments :) 

Roopa KM
Roopa KM
from Kozhikode
12 years ago

Yeah... Smile

tys
tys
from Sharjah
12 years ago

i think u just solved your problem... nice.

Roopa KM
Roopa KM
from Kozhikode
12 years ago

Now its working...

Cool... I'm getting comments...

Thank you guys!!! Smile

Cheers

Village Girl

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats great, problem solved:)
Roopa KM
Roopa KM
from Kozhikode
12 years ago

Done...Smile

jabir malabari
jabir malabari
from edappal
12 years ago

plz remove word verification option in blog

Roopa KM
Roopa KM
from Kozhikode
12 years ago

Yes Vinay...

I'm trying that way from today onwards Smile

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

+1 to Arti..  thoughtful comments + blog of ur interest so u can religiously read makes that blogger happy to get ur comment and return to yours. it'd help more of course if u think ur posts will interest that particular blogger.. because each have their choices :) sometimes, lesser comments is better than the single word comments like "good", "gorgeous" etc.. which are maybe you could say "timepass" comments! :)

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

oh, and u can always share 2 posts of urs each day with the Indivine :) u might get some comments that way too :D

Chaitanya Kulkarni
Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
12 years ago

you can't force someone to comment. if the visitor feels like commenting they will. so post something which is going to touch your visitors and make them feel like commenting on it. well, a blog is a blog, comments can be spammed, seen blogs die because of comment spamming. be happy with the comments you are getting now, let them be less but genuine.

i get around 10k+ visitors these days [unique] but barely anyone comments. ofcourse the concept of my blog is different. but its much better than the spam comments.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Find blogs that suit your liking. Read them religiously and leave thoughtful comments. Chances are some of them, if not all, will return back and do the same for you.  If they really like your content, they will follow up whenever you have a new post in the offing and take out time to leave their thoughts as well. This way, you can slowly connect with them thereby building on your network eventually through mutual admiration.

All the Best Smile

Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
12 years ago

Make a good social network...Engage your readers..Comment more on other blogs

Roopa KM
Roopa KM
from Kozhikode
12 years ago

I'm doing that...still its not working

Prashanth Rajan
Prashanth Rajan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

You must visit other blogs, comment on their posts, and spread word of yours. Simple.

LockSign in to reply to this thread