Anu would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://beautysecrets-reviewed.com/ ]

I intend to create a no-nonsense, to the point beauty blog. Plz criticize

Anu
Anu
from singapore
12 years ago

Suggestions plz about the content, writing, theme and mostly technical stuff. WP is beyond me. I have to start from how to make the theme files writable. Any help? Mind you I'm a code-phobic.

Thanks.

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: spellchek
Replies 1 to 4 of 4
No scope left for any criticisms. Devoted beauty tips. Really simple unique methods beautifully penned. Kudos to your selfless efforts. Cheers.
Anu
from singapore
12 years ago

Thanks Pramod. But come on, there must be something i can do better. The simplicity is just a lack of my creativity. Next time let me know when u r in SG, btw.

thanks Anu ji, I am waiting for some offer by singapore airlines again, but nothing came up again in 5 years.

I am waiting for them.

Anu
from singapore
12 years ago

Indigo is ur best bet now. You might get cheaper deals if you book fron SG. My husband just visited home in SGD 300 with Indigo.

Seethalakshmi K R
Seethalakshmi K R
from Chennai
12 years ago

posts are brilliant...!!

please be my critic too

http://footprints-on-sand.blogspot.com/2011/02/till-death-do-me-apart.html

Anu
from singapore
12 years ago

Not sure if i'm in that position yet, but will def. take a look

Thanks for looking into mine.

Shezah
Shezah
from Delhi
12 years ago

Hey,

I found your blog quite interesting. The product reviews were especially interesting to me because I'm always on the lookout to try something new (much to the horror of my pores). The layout looks neat, but the header looks slightly bland, especially for a beauty blog, might I suggest something bigger perhaps in blue (since that seems to be the theme colour)?

Just my two cents. Keep writing, I really like your content, you seem to know what you're talking about. 

Cheers!

Anu
from singapore
12 years ago

Really encouraging... thanks Shezah.

Agree that the theme could be prettier. Actually there is a post slideshow at the top in the original theme, but I haven't figured out how to handle the plugin yet. Hopefully soon.

I didn't want to fall in the stereotype of the beauty blogs, they have to be pink and girly wherever I've seen.  I just wanted something simple to keep the focus on the articles. Is it the right direction?

Shezah
Shezah
from Delhi
12 years ago

Hey, totally agree with you on avoiding the whole 'Pink and Girly' header look. I don't know why almost every beauty blog chooses to go in that direction. But at the same time, the header should be a very attractive one. Content is always what's going to bring people back to your blog, but a header is what's going to encourage people to look at your content, you know?

It's like when you go to a nice shopping mart, and all you want to buy is probably some milk, but then you pass the beauty section and you notice all those colourful nail polishes lined up and all those interesting new products, you can't help but stop and look to see what's new, know what I mean? While your header doesn't have to be girly, it SHOULD be able to get people into that special 'let's do a makeover' mood (In my opinion)

Anu
from singapore
12 years ago

Laughing Got it what you mean.....I've fallen prey to attractive packagings so many times....!

But I tell you its so difficult to find time to write a decent post everyday, that I'm avoiding to look into backend. Guess its not a good idea to avoid it anymore.

Thanks.