Nisha would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://nishdil.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 33

Please review my blog

Nisha
Nisha
from Kochi
12 years ago

At first, I started out as a digital version of my diary. But slowly, I am learning the tricks of the trade and am trying to be a better blogger. Have posted around 50 posts.

Replies 1 to 5 of 5
Roopa KM
Roopa KM
from Kozhikode
12 years ago

Go ahead...Keep posting...Happy blogging :)

Nisha
from Kochi
12 years ago

Thanks Roopa! As, usual, you are the first one to review the blog. Appreciate the effort a lot!!!

Nisha Ji , musings are just fun reading. Excellent frank pennings. Template ambience is also great.
Nisha
from Kochi
12 years ago

PramodJi,

Thanks for putting in the good words! Glad that you liked the posts...

Avra Kay
Avra Kay
from Chennai
12 years ago
It's nice and neat blog Nisha - easily readable and browsable. Continue using the blog as a platform to express your random thoughts. :) However, the font size of your posts are bigger than necessary - mebbe u can reduce the font size. The traffic widget u have at the end of ur sidebar - is not necessarily needed. Its a widget only for u and not for ur readers - and unnecesarily takes time for ur blog to load. Add some share widgets and 'follow by email' widget. Happy writing and keep blogging!! :)
Nisha
from Kochi
12 years ago

Dee!

Thanks a lot for the review and the suggestions... I have already implemented a few of them.. removed one of the trafic widget. I had put a follow by mail widget, but it was at the bottom of the blog. Since you didnt see it, I guess it was sitting useless there. so moved it to the sidebar... I prefer to have a bigger font size because it makes reading easy. I have seen some blogs with small font size which made reading them a bit straining! Same is the reason for opting a simple template. If a visitor cannot read the blog easily, then there is no point in it.

Anyhow, it was good to know your views. I appreciate the effort and am thankful to you! Thanks a ton!

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
  • Common title, but it is interesting and matches the aim of your blogging. 
  • Its a very plain looking design. Use the blogger designer. Spruce it up a little. A colorful blog would be very appealing to the eye. Try 1000px for the whole blog width and 300 for the sidebar. It should be OK. A header with the title would be nice too :)
  • Nishdil is a good pen name, but Nisha would be so much more right. 
  • In the sidebar, order widgets as Welcome, Followers, Follow by Email, About Me, Archive, Categories... and then whatever else. A little generic information about yourself is useful too. Let the readers know some part of you.
  • Live feed can be reduced to showing top 4 or 5 visitors, since thats mainly attractive to you :)
  • Content is personal, and its quite nice. I agree with Dee though that you can use a smaller font size. Try Georgia and 14 or 16 px. Best as far as I can say.
  • I see an image browswer with ur art works in the sidebar. Why not share it as ur post itself? They look very beautiful and I'm sure your readers will love to see them.
  • Share your posts (2 a day) on the Indivine. Read some other blogs, so the people who see your comments would get back to you, give you a comment if they love yours.

Just keep writing from your heart. It takes a little time to develop a community of readers who love your writing. Keep at it. Parichayapettathil santhosham. ;)

Nisha
from Kochi
12 years ago

Leo (Vinay)!

Thank you very much for such an indepth review! I am grateful...

• I couldnt think of any other title that would so completely express what I write... Most of the articles are unplanned and not premeditated. So, the name stuck!
  • Though I would like to revamp the look, I would love to keep it simple. I have seen many attractive blogs that are difficult to read. So I thought I'll start simple and improve bit by bit.  I do make some changes periodically, and would certainly remember the things you shared.
  • I have added something about me - a little 
  • I will rearrange the side bars.
  • Ditto baout live feeds; in fact I might so away with it one of these days...
  • Fonts are something that would need more convincing for me to change... Still, I'll keep it in mind as it is popping up in all reviews
  • Will share my artwork one of these days...
  • Am regularly posting on indivine. And of course, I do read other blogs and make it a point to leave feedbacks .

I guess that's it... Thanks once again!!! Veendum kaanaam!

Nisha
from Kochi
12 years ago

oops! spelling mistakes... read: ditto about live feeds and do away with it

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Pune
12 years ago

Hi Nisha,

You have got a nice neat blog. I loved the sketches !!! Posts are interesting, but I couldn't go through them in detail due to time constraint. May be some time later. One small suggession though. You can think of increasing the width of your post area so that readers do not have to scroll much.

Nisha
from Kochi
12 years ago

Ashwini, Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your opinion on my blog! I have already made the change... Hope you will like what you read... Thanks a lot!!!