Anne would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://amasc.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 39

Hi, I'm new to IndiBlogger (and to India) and would value feedback on my photobl

Anne
Anne
from Mumbai
12 years ago

A scrapbook of photographs kept since I first started working abroad.  It follows my trail from Scotland to Vietnam and now to India where I'm based in Mumbai.  I take pictures of things I like and work on getting them to look on the page the way I envision them in my head (with mixed success).

Replies 1 to 13 of 13
Gopan Kombiyil
Gopan Kombiyil
from Cambridge, UK
12 years ago

best of social photography. good going, you have tremendous abilities and i can surely say that there is space for improvement in the case of blog design, i guess that is just a matter of time

Anne
Anne
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, I'd love to hear your suggestions for improving the design of the blog.

Gopan Kombiyil
Gopan Kombiyil
from Cambridge, UK
12 years ago

what i can see is a black background and pictures, there are contents in the left panel but they are not easily separated from the content. I am using a 10" netbook right now, so i am not sure if its the same in a bigger screen. I will see the site in a bigger screen to confirm it,

The pics are not blending with the background at all, and the header text is not comfortable for the eyes.

I am being very critical just because i hope it will help you. I feel that your creations deserve a better presentation. thats all Smile

great photo blog, amazing clicks, there. 

site is fast to load, being a photo blog. that's great.

Anne
Anne
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks Gopan, a lot to be going on with there.  I deliberately chose not to have the pics blend with the background, I want to make them  pop off the page.  Well made comments about the rest of the stuff though, I need to think about separation and colour and font I suppose - a good job for a lazy Sunday afternoon I think. 

Pramod, thanks although I can't take any credit for the speed, I just link to my clicks through flickr.

Gopan Kombiyil
Gopan Kombiyil
from Cambridge, UK
12 years ago

if you are planning that please do consider showing smaller versions of the pics on the first page. a click of the visitor will show the bigger pic.  i am not sure about blogspot but can easily achieved with a plugin in some other platforms.

Anne
Anne
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I had a look at Dynamic Views on Blogger and it looked great, all sorts of  thumbnail options and display choices.  I tried it out on my blog but the loading was so slow I had to abandon the idea, 250 posts each with at least one picture seems too much for it to cope with.  So I'm back to looking at font's, classic templates and colour choice - but at least I'm looking so thanks for the feedback here and for helping me get a bit more critical of my display choice.

Gopan Kombiyil
Gopan Kombiyil
from Cambridge, UK
12 years ago

you should not go to thumpnail size, but a smaller size pic of the original. and categories is a good idea and restrict number of pics per page too, i am sending you a message with a sample page. 

Anne
Anne
from Mumbai
12 years ago

The sample page you sent looks wonderful but I've decided to stay with the old scrolling format. It's like flicking through the pages of a book and I like having more than one picture on a page too.  I don't enjoy blogs so much when I have to constantly open new pages- call me old fashioned.  However I am certainly going to look at font colours and general layout.

Thanks for your very valuable insight.

Anne
Anne
from Mumbai
10 years ago

A fair point and as it was time for a change of blog header anyway the new one is a little smaller, no guarantee that my header will always be that way though, I like them big and bold : )

Jitendra
Jitendra
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Very nice blog I am impressed by your work. You can aslo see my persoanl blog here in which I update on different categories . No scpific niche. My blog had random updates. 

My blog 

Ambika Shaligram
Ambika Shaligram
from Pune
10 years ago

Lovely pics! A slightly ignored/neglected Mumbai stares out at you through the photographs. We have been in too much of a hurry to stop and pause and take in the "for all to see" sights and sounds of Mumbai. This blog makes up for that!

echelon
echelon
from Delhi
8 years ago

Your taste of traveling echoes in your blog.You needs to find better template for your blog.