IndiBlogger Bangalore Meet?

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hey Guys,

I was thinking about having an IndiBlogger Meet in BangaloreCool.

I've already submitted the Meet Request to IBWink.

Its scheduled on 8th January 2012Smile.

Who all will be joining the party???Surprised

The Meet Is Online >> http://www.indiblogger.in/bloggermeet.php?id=140 Innocent

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Updated
1-20
21-40 41-56
Replies 1 to 20 of 56 Ascending
R-A-J
R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

And so...

Since we have had some learnings from this event, let's put it to good use...

Let's talk about the next Bangalore meet(formal/informal) Cool

My suggestion:

Saturday, 4th February, 12 NooN

Venue: Koramangala Park, right next to the Bethanu High School, 6th Block, Koramangala.

Based on number of people who come it the park (its a beautiful & huge park btw), we can decide where to do lunch/coffee/etc.

Just to pretend that we're serious people, we can even have an agenda for it Smile

Thank you so much Pooja for being the motivation and for taking the initiative!! You truly Rock!!! 

What say???

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Saturdays not good idea. not all have Saturday off from work.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Location is cool. No chance of getting lost and right outside my home. But I am out of town that weekend.

R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hey Leo, u're right.. my bad.

Howz Sunday, Feb the 19th same time, same place ? Hey Fool, (Smile).... game?

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Think that's fine... will confirm later only though..

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Sounds good.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

SmileSmileSmile

I want to joinSealed. I'll tell ya after Vinay tellsTongue out

R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

O Goody, so we nw hv Pooja, Fool, me n hopefully Vinay... Smile

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hey I've not yet confirmedSurprised.

I said, I'll say after Vinay saysWink.

If he comes then there is a bigger probability that I'll comeSealed. Otherwise nopeTongue out

R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Aah.. sure thing Pooja..I understand Smile

Kirti
Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
12 years ago

aila!!! another Kirti??? Tongue out

Thousif Raza M.B
Thousif Raza M.B
from Bangalore
12 years ago
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

who is who in that? Innocent 

Tina Basu
from Bangalore
12 years ago

In first photo : from Left... Rohit, Sathish, Hiren, The Fool (playing Peeping Tom here), Pavithra, Tina (Me that is), Sibichen, Guruprasad, Thousif, Be Money aware.. i think her name is Kirti... (sorry if I am wrong on her name)

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

oh ok.. I met Tina then :P I saw her at the other CCD before she moved on. 

Tina Basu
from Bangalore
12 years ago

OMG... it was so close... didn't u ask in that CCD? they only told me to check out the other CCD.... We missed you by a hair!!! :( 

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I think they got irritated with asking another CCD :P pride ko maar pada hai.. CCD yahi hai, doosra kyun chahiye? aise :P so they told no other CCD nearby.

Tina Basu
from Bangalore
12 years ago

ohhh... I got lucky with them then..... otherwise who will guess there will b another CCD there.... otherwise i would have wasted my time n money... :) 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Nice pics!!

bemoneyaware
bemoneyaware
from Bangalore
12 years ago

You are right it is <a href="http://www.indiblogger.in/blogger/40399/"> Guruprasad </a>

bemoneyaware
bemoneyaware
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Attendees were:

CommonFloor

The Fool

Sibichen

Satish

Tina Basu

Thousif Raza M.b

Bemoneyaware

Who were the other 2 indibloggers?

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

sadly, not me Tongue out

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Sorry been mentioning your name wrong in my review. Somehow I seem to remember money only. Even I don't remember the other two. I think one was guruprasad. But not sure.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

The last person to arrive was Tina. She showed us her travel blog - Sunny side of life and her newly started cookery blog. We kind of rushed through her blog as the battery was running out on Pavithra's laptop.

And last but not the least, we had Thoufiq with his soul space. He was mentioning the objective of his blog was to bring out humurous incidents from his life. He showed us some of his KFC posts. 

In general, we discussed about Indi blogger folks liking posts without even reading and the scratch my back game bloggers play. We appreciated some good bloggers on Indi who genuinely read and comment on other's posts. We discussed about how some people consistently hit the Indi blogger front page for almost all their posts. We discussed about the commercial contests on Indi Blogger and whether they are a good trend. After some good discussion, we ordered everything the CCD had for lunch. 10 of us totally cleaned off CCD. Wonder what CCD would have done if all 34 who registered had turned up. Then we closed off the meeting 2.5 before schedule and back home. While we were at the meet, tried to post on Indi for Leo and anyone else who got confused on location. But Indi had gone fishing. 

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

They know about itSmile.

And dont worry.!! Its something I just said as common. Not only for me.

I am glad u had funCool. Sorry about the CCDTongue out.

n Vinay sorry Tongue out. Next time I'll make it up by getting lost and then scolding yaTongue out

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Then there was Satish - a person who blogs on relationships and social issues. He was mentioning he had blogged in India Rocks and then later moved on to have his own word press blog. He felt he got better readership on Indiarocks than his own blog. He was showcasing some of his most popular posts, one on love and one on global warming. The rest of us offered critical feedback to him on developing niche and giving credits for picure. 

We also had a tech blogger who has bought his own domain. (Forgot his name somehow) He was mentioning he had acuqired 3-4 domains when he got them as a deal. We were also discussing how tech blogging is a too competetive fields. He was showing us some of his posts on tips to use a SLR camera.

There was a Mr.Rao who was talking about getting his kid nephew interested in blogging. He was showing some of his posts where he has scanned drawings made by his nephew and posted them along with his blog posts. He also was planning to develop a blof for music downloads.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Then we had Sibi, a IRS officer. He was driving force of the meet, offering his able leadership to the group. he does book reviews and his book review of Paulo Coelho's book has been quoted by Paulo Coelho himself. Seems he got 1000+ hits when Paulo Coelho linked to his site. He has also published a book on sociological aspects of taxation. He has promised to give me a copy. I am looking forward to review the same on my blog.

We also had moneycontrol of course, the champion from Indiblogger, who has won 3 contests. She says the secret of her success is her children. Like Lewis Caroll (Alice in Wonderland was for his daughter) and Salman Rushdie (best book Haroon and sea of stories was fot his son), her writings are meant to be for her children and they review it comprehensively before she posts. She writes on finance related topics for techies and other folks who suffer due to not paying sufficient attention to financial aspects. She has even written a book on finance for children. The book is available for free dowload on her website. Looking forward to review that as well. She alos gave us copies of her lates blog post on paper work related to inheritance. That was an interesting thing to do.  

bemoneyaware
from Bangalore
12 years ago

It's bemoneyaware. Those interested in the book for teaching about basics of money to kids can download it from my website link to the download page is: bemoneyaware.com

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Leo mentioned I was sounding too agressive on this thread. I am sorry if I have hirt Pooja's feeling or irritated anyone else. Actually I really enjoyed the meet inspite of all its failings. I should have done a balanced review like Money Control. Instead I started off on a negative note. Anyways let me remedy that by giving a detailed reflections from the meet.

After struggling from CCD to CCD, I finally reached the venue and found the group. First thing I was told was Pooja is not coming. Then we decided to take things in control and start off by ourselves.

There was one Pavithra from a commercial website Common Floor. I was a bit sceptical about her. But she was the one who brought lap top that helped us all see each other's websites and she did not waste too much time giving her company pitch. And anyways useful website - on renting and buying real estate. 

Then there was one Viren who wants to start an education guidance website. He had started it a year back and is not in use now. He is planning to revive it soon. He was the SEO Guru of the meet. He gave tips on how google caches pages and frequency of spider visits, SEO within site and outside site. He is yet to register at Indiblogger though. He is the one who has collected all out e-mail ids and has taken the photos as well. he has promised to mail us all so that we can stay connected and also mail each other out blog links. He has also promised to send us a SEO for Dummies article. Still awaiting the same. He wanted to organize the next meet in a very structured manner with specific discussion agendas on the technical aspects of blogging. 

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

So basically you are frustrated because you reached another CCD?

Wah. Nice meetup, by the way its described. Why don't we have such meetups in sponsored meets :(.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I was frustrated that some of the people I expected did not turn up, the location being far and that one person (Leo) came from very far, waited at the wrong CCD and left thinking meet was not happening.But meet was good only.

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

We are sorry @ The fool , Nice  that you pacified now .  Fruit of hardwork is always sweet .

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago
No issues, Pooja. I know it must have been something important. Just a little pissed that I could not meet Leo. Anyways meet was worth it. Thanks for organizing. Only thing is keep your parents in the loop in all these activities. I am sure you will have lot of friends at school. Why do you need random adults to keep you from being lonely? You never know what kind of people can turn up.
bemoneyaware
bemoneyaware
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Sorry Thousif..Now I will remember (it will have a space in my soul Laughing),

Pooja I hope your family trouble got resolved. And we appreciate you calling us during the meet. Thanks to initiative of 16 year old Pooja we lazy 16+ could meet.  We were concerned about the fact that you are so young and hope your parents are aware. The online world is not so safe..

Looking forward to meeting you in the next indiblogger meet!

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hey.

Yeah its ok now.

Its not a problem! Just some1 was unwell. Had to leave urgently.

Yeah! They know :). They were also eager to send me :). I usually dont talk to people and me actually taking initiative was a big thing for them. 

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thats ok @ Pooja , You can always organise one more blogger meet . Don't worry  .

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@Dheeraj Shenoy - Btw, I was expecting to meet you and get some tips on travel around Bangalore. Disappointed you did not turn up.

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@ The fool , I too wanted come . Had gone out in the morning with a friend on a business purpose , promising to come back in time so that i can attend the meet , Only returned back at 4 pm . Thus couldn't make it . Anyways we shall catch up soon .

Tina Basu
Tina Basu
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@ Pooja - It;s ok dear, I can understand some emergency can come up, you need not say sorry to everyone... I am sure no one is mad at you or is willing to scold you and stuff... atleast you thought of meeting up... so chill!!

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Once again I AM REALLY SORRY GUYS. If anyone of you really knew how eager I was to come. I had even gotten ready but one phone call changed everything. I cant come and have fun with you while there is some family trouble. I had to go out of station and I even called you guys and said sorry. 

One more thing guys, just because I'm 16 doesnt mean I dont have rights to organize a meet. What is wrong in getting to know people? Do you want your kids to become Emo and Lonely?? Sorry I'm not one of them. And moreover, Meet takes place not only to talk and chat but to improve ourselves. 

I was really looking forward to it and I missed it. I AM SORRY. 

Even after all this if you want to scold me please add me and scold me in my mail. Dont ruin Indi Page.

Thank you.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Kids are not supposed to give their e-mail ids to strangers even for scolding. 

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

My two pence... It is good for 16 year old to organize meet in your peer group. Not with matured adults. There is nothing wrong in getting to know people, but using net is not safe. If kids do not organize bloggers meet they do not become Emo's or Lonely. I can bet on it. But then, it is left for the parents to decide. 

Thousif Raza M.B
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@ farida ji: wise words... But i think we'r being a lil harsh on her. I know its not safe for kids to be online, but her parents were in the lopp abt everything. If we continue like this she may lose the confidence to organize another meet or anything at all. Yes its not safe i agree but dont pile up on her. It was her first time of organizing a meet so she was excited that it. Jut forget it for noe and move on. When adults are informed abt a child's every move i think we have to respect thier decision too... after all kids learn from adults behavious itself... SO for now, i agre its not safe, but dont pile up. You'll just scare her out of indiblogger and from blogging itself maybe who knows... Just be supportive, thats all.

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I was being a Mom. Oooppsss sorry. I do not mean to scare her at all. I have visited her blog recently and think she is quite good at it. It was wonderful on her part to put all the effort and organize the meet. 

Don't take my words to heart Pooja, I was just being cautious as I have a daughter of your age. Next time any meet is organized in Bangalore, I will sure try to be there and meet you people. 

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@ Leo, Good clarification from your end, but still such informal meets unless the attendance is more than 20 members in prominent location it can be even a Food court in Mantri, Forum Esteem, etc who have sufficient space, good connectivity, should be chosen.  Secondly most of Indi meets are organised either Saturday or Sunday Noon.  Those organising the meet should reveal their cell nos so that we can interact and clarify doubt before starting from our residence......Smile

Tina Basu
Tina Basu
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@ Leo : So sad you missed it by some meters.... but yes they way landmark was mentioned I had also gone to the other CCD near BDA and then was confused as it was empty and people over there asked me whats blogger meeting! But atleast they were kind enuf to tell me that there's another CCD up the lane and I should check there. 

And I was trying to log into Indi to check if some one has posted anything on the forum etc. but surprisingly Indi had to go fishing at that moment only. :( If atleast they had gone fishing after sometime we could have helped you and if anyone else was also scouting for the correct CCD.

But even after these initial hiccups ( the rick fellow had taken me to Basavangudi instead of Banashankari in the first place) I had a good time with the little group and got to know some excellent bloggers. 

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I AM SORRY DEAR

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Righto, I think my presence on this thread is warranted. I was one who was hopelessly lost in the vicinity, who missed a meet that was happening quite nearby itself because of the confusion in the meet venue coz the people at CCD said no other CCD was there anywhere nearby, and also aggravated a headache that had been nagging me all weekend by traveling 4 hours (both ways, 3 buses each time) to get to meet some bloggers like Thousif, Saro, Harsha, Gyanban and The Fool, whose blogs I read, and also meet some new bloggers like Pooja (who I know through Inditalk, which thankfully is back), Tina (through forum) and BeMoneyAware (who I've met at the Samsung meet before.)

Sad to say, poor organization. but I appreciate an initiative taken by the 16yr old Pooja to try and get a bloggers meet on, rather than wait for a sponsored Indimeet. I do agree with TF's views when he says that it is unsafe for a child to be doing such, but since I know bloggers younger than her, who are very enthusiastic of meeting people, (with knowledge of parents, and I know the parents too.), I hope she's not demoralized or anything, and would (with parent accompanying if needed) come for a meet in the future. And that next time, if she's taking the initiative again, to make sure she follows up on it and not disappear out of town on the day of the meet, leaving us attendees hanging. 

Regards the meet details as mentioned by BeMoneyAware, I'm sad to have missed out on the discussions, some of which I'd have loved to discuss. Hopefully, next time, the venue is clear cut and in a central location, and not dual cut with two of the same adjacent, so as to not confuse us attendees. 

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I AM SORRY 

Thousif Raza M.B
Thousif Raza M.B
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@bemoneyaware :) nice summary of the meet and my blog name is Soul space ;) and i had fun. :) it was nice meeting new people :) 

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I AM SORRY 

bemoneyaware
bemoneyaware
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Yesterday's Indiblogger meet can be compared to the glass half full and half empty! It was unlike the Samsung sponsored meet I had attended earlier.

Half Empty:

1. The location of meet not clear. Meet details were  "Cafe Coffee Day(CCD)" SRF Building... Landmark BDA Complex.Reached the BDA complex and found a very small CCD there. On Asking the CCD guys about meet there got a negative response. Then they said there might me one in the next CCD little far from there.

2. On reaching the other CCD and asking the team found that a group of people less than 10. No indiblogger offical and organizer missing. Dissappointed. Wondering did I do the right thing in coming for such meet.

Half Full:

It became an informal meet with us going through the blog of each of the attendees. Found some good ones in addition to one I follow(Soul and Space and One who wrote about why we Hindus don't read our religious book like Muslims and Christians). Thanks to Pavitra who had lugged her laptop along. Had a nice discussion on:

1) Wordpress vs blog spot

2) Owing your own domain vs having one on blogspot or wordpress.

3) SEO optmizations: onpage and off page

4) Blogging takes time and effort - To get decent traffic people blog for atleast 8-9 hours a week,

5) The Big bloggers : Amit Aggarwal(Labnol or Digitial Inspiration) & Amit Bhawani (whom was there for last Samsung indiblogger meet with his team from Hyderabad)

6) Location of indiblogger meet in Banaglore should be central like M.G Road or Kormangla.

After a nice round of tea and sandwitches split.

It was great meeting everyone and seeing their blogs. It was worth it!

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I AM SORRY 

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I just now checked out her blog. She is just a 16 year old school student. Far from organizing meets, she must not even be participating in online community meets. Indiblogger should ensure children are not involved in all these community events. I don't think meeting strangers through online connection is safe for children. Someone who has her contact details, better warn her parents.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Umm!! Hello??

Please!!! My parents know about it. And they have nothing against it.

And well thanks a lot :). I actually made sure that you guys atleast met :).

Thank you thank you thank you.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I AM SORRY 

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

It has been posted by Rennie. So official stamp was of course there. But still met a few interesting bloggers in informal setting and made a couple of friends. So not totally disappointed.

Now looking back at the thread, looking at the smileys, omgs and silly comments, one can see organizer is just a kid. I doubt if she is even 18 years old. One cannot trust children to handle events. Indiblogger should have checked before endorsing this event as it affects their image. 

I was a bit sceptical about sponsored events as I feared they get too commercial and too much time is spent advertising products rather than networking with the bloggers. But I guess that is a price one can't avoid for a well organized meet.

1-20
21-40 41-56
LockSign in to reply to this thread