somesh mahanty would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://santuonline.wordpress.com/ ] IndiRank: 32

Lovely people! Phleeease review my blog! I promise to review yours

somesh mahanty
somesh mahanty
from durgapur
12 years ago

Here, I narrate some Not-So-Ordinary adventures of my daily life, spiced with my thoughts, sprinkled with humour, and with a topping of some nice photos!

Give it a visit, I m sure u will like it Cool .Please leave a sincere review, so that I may review urs back.

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: Last one wasnt good enough
Replies 1 to 13 of 13
somesh mahanty
somesh mahanty
from durgapur
12 years ago

thanx for ur review..I dont have a camera, just shoot with an old nokia 2700 classic. dats why my close up shots are always blurred. and i will remove the mr. bean widget soon.

bdw, could u suggest me a theme for my blog? i cant decide

Devan Harikumar
Devan Harikumar
from Ernakulam
12 years ago

Dear Somesh,

Here's my review.

1. Avoid the reckless usage of emoticons in your posts. Emotions are meant to be brought by the words, right? Otherwise what's the whole point in blogging? Also, it makes your blogs immature.

2. Close up images are of poor quality, as Jaidev said above.

3. The other images on the contrary are really great. Keep up the good work :)

4. Writing is good. Very nice blog layout although you could add few more plgins to make it more interactive. eg:page views etc.

keep up the good work. And if time permits give my blog a visit and ofcourse I would be happy to receive a review.

somesh mahanty
from durgapur
12 years ago

thanx buddy!! i am off to review your blog.

somesh mahanty
from durgapur
12 years ago

somesh mahanty
from durgapur
12 years ago

Anju
Anju
from Kerala
12 years ago

I went through your blog earlier and forgot to review it on your thread. 

You blog's got a very elegant feel to it. The layout and everything looks quite nice. 

Writing is good too. But please do re-read before posting. Sometimes when I write I tend to write "u" instead of "you" and forget about capitalizing letters. You could rectify all those as you re-read. 

Try to include more pictures in your posts. I mean the first metro ride, for instance... Even if you can't provide a picture you'd actually taken during the ride, put a pic to represent your entire post. It breaks the monotony and helps add more feel to your posts. 

I hope these comments are useful. Keep writing! :)

somesh mahanty
from durgapur
12 years ago

Thanx, Thanx, Thanx a lot!!! that is a load of useful advice u gave! 

Devan Harikumar
Devan Harikumar
from Ernakulam
12 years ago

Somesh,

Here goes my second review :)

1. First things first, it's a very good fact that you are writing more often. You sounded kinda worried in the mail asking for a review. There is no need of that. Your blog is doing a decent job. The layout is still cool, the blog is neat and the posts still have the touch of realism.
  2. The images that aren't yours like the one in the barber post- you have to give due courtesy to the source to avoid any copyright infringement problems.
  3. Give an account about yourself in the blog. Few readers look for that. [I do.]
  4. You don't have to give those many tags to the posts- it's like there is an entire story in the tags you provide :)
  5. 5posts per page is good, the widgets are all necessary, if possible find a more fitting image for the blog.

That's all from me. The writing is good, except for the excessive usage of emoticons - I have already pointed that out in the previous review.

Happy blogging.

-Devan

Devan Harikumar
Devan Harikumar
from Ernakulam
12 years ago

Oh pardon me for saying about the excessive usage of emoticons. That post I saw was from before the first review. You are going good.

-Devan

somesh mahanty
somesh mahanty
from durgapur
12 years ago

Thanx Devan :-) ! bdw, about that "about me" section, I dont know what should I write. I am always confused if it sud be a formal short account, or a playful page full of humour and like that..

could u gimme some ideas on that?

Devan Harikumar
Devan Harikumar
from Ernakulam
12 years ago

Somesh,

Sorry for being late for reply. I was not tracking this thread.

As for your question- feel free to write anything about you. You can have your personal stuff mentioned, or a shallow account of yourself, if you need your discretion. check out how others write them. [see mine too, if it helps.]

aame
aame
from Tokyo
12 years ago

Hey Somesh...ur blog is pretty neat and simple as is ur writing :) One thing maybe u could bring the email subscription up above the recent posts,so that readers can find it first.Rest is pretty good..and the varied topics makes it interesting...keep the posts coming :)

Happy writing !

Cheers !

somesh mahanty
somesh mahanty
from durgapur
12 years ago

Cheers to u too!

Thanx for the review nd the compliment! Laughing

I changed the widget place as u said. Right now I am a bit busy, I shall be doing another couple of posts. I hope u wud like them Smile

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
12 years ago

I really enjoyed your Why I Blog post. It was almost as if I had written it. In other words, you write in a way that people can relate to.

somesh mahanty
from durgapur
12 years ago

:) Thanx a lot! I am absolutely thrilled when someone can relate to my posts! Laughing

Nikhil Narkhede
Nikhil Narkhede
from Pune
11 years ago

Underground Authority and all! jope you enjoyed a lot!

http://www.technary.com

somesh mahanty
somesh mahanty
from durgapur
11 years ago

It has been a while since I got some sincere reviews of my blog. No doubt I have improved a lot (at least, I think so), and since then I have done a lot of posts.

All I am asking for, is another fresh review from anybody who maybe watching this thread Laughing. I will review urs for sure!

Gokuldas
Gokuldas
from kannur
11 years ago

If first impression is the best impression, then the first photo adds beauty to your blog. Even though other photos are blured it doesn't matter since it highlights memories and friendship which adds color with your way of writing. But emotions here and there is really awkward for yellow color(emotions) somewhat distracts the flow to read. It would be a great pleasure if you comment my blog.

somesh mahanty
from durgapur
11 years ago

Thanx a lot for the review, but u know, emoticons automatically occur to me while I am writing, I cant help it. Earlier there used to be many more, I have reduced it a lot now. Still, I will try to eliminate it altogether.

Thanx a lot again!!