Leo would like you to review his/her blog.
[ ]

A review for my blog.

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Give my blog a look-over and tell me what's good and what's to be made good?

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: updates
Replies 1 to 5 of 5
Janhvi
Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Let me go in the same order as u mention:

What's good - 

• the matter is fantastic
  • you write extraordinaly well
  • the pictures you choose r wonderful
  • love your new header
  • your inspire my inkdrops idea is fantastic :p

Now to what can be made better - 

• do u really need the flag stats to be public... keep it for urself
  • as ur posts are hardly too long, try and get the middle posts to be alligned to the same as sidebar (equal)
  • get the license lower.. it's not needed so high up
  • get the fb page higher, i nearly missed it. :p
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Thank you, JJ for the review. :) Flagcounter needs to be public. It doesn't update otherwise. Second point, very difficult to achieve, since each post isn't of same length, and cant vary sidebar lengths. Other two points noted and done.

Kirti
Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
12 years ago

you know the tragedy behind this RETYPING this... so forgive me if i sound short-tempered over this :P :P

what's good abt your blog:

1. your mindblowing poems and your extraordinary way of writing.

(if you are gonne be like "oh no kirti, main to koi extraordinary-vary nahi hun, the think you are DEAD :P)

2. the very TITLE of your blog- "I rhyme without reason" i blew me over the first time i visited your blog; and it still does :)

3. the very FEEl of your blog- remember what i said about yeallow being warm?? :) and there is thing i feel subconsciously about it- ki its is as if you have not TYPED your poem, it is as if you have SCRIBBLED them... on a fresh parchment of paper with a nice metal-body fountain pen and warm, sweet smelling brown ink (dont ask me WHY "brown" ink... something to do with my fascination of the color :P) err... yeah i KNOW this sounds SUPER crazy, but then you are well aware of my mental state... :P

4. ummm... i simply LOVE your blog... isnt that a good enough review?? :)

5. yeah, forgot to mention- the way you connect each of your poems with an image is amazing :)

6. also, the way you reply to each and every comment is nice too- helps the reader to stay connected :)

what's to be made better:

1. you already changed you favicon... was going to mention that only... to ek point gaya bhad mein :P

2. ummm... the second thing is, NAVIGATION in your blog is a bit difficult. ek to i ALWAYS miss the chota sa "previous post" wala sa "arrow" and the the links to your "top posts" doesnt works. tumhare "leonnyes" wale blog ke links honge... everytime i am being asked to login. pehle wale blog me jaise nahi tha- "previous post" and "latest post" ke links right at the top and also a blog archive to go back to the posts i loved. "trip down the memory lane" is cool but, you often remember a poem by its tilte and not by the month it was written in...jaise "thenotebook" khojte khojte mera dum nikal gaya... and i found it with no thanks to you :P :P

3. list of labels of the forms you write... like Haiku, Fibo etc would also be cool i feel...

thats all i think. i love your poems... hope you keep writing forever :) best wishes :)

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Thanks for all the compliments :)

For your what can be made better:

1. no use going to the bhad then, na?
  2. unfortunate, but wordpress doesn't have a pull down archive like my old blogspot blog dear :( have removed the top posts page since its not working. will think of some way to put some specific top posts up as links. this template not having the prev & next posts button aur bada, and if i change back to old one, the background won't be transparent :) if that's okay, then will change back sometime.
  3. will put the list up too.

Thanks for the review! :)

Antara
Antara
from Kharagpur
11 years ago

I am very rusty when it comes to reviews but here goes.

The good stuff - 

1. Sigh. I can't say everything can I? Your words are so beautiful that they tend to overpower everything else.

2. "I Rhyme Without Reason" - one of my most favourite blog titles that I have come across. Glad you didn't change that. :) 

3. I love the "I live in words" that is written - perfect position and it really shows your passion. 

4. Your writing - everytime I think "Wow, this is beyond beautiful", you surprise me with your next piece of writing. Your writing seems effortless, and the stories you write are always so wonderfully formed. Your blog so many styles of prose and poetry...I haven't come across quite so diverse a creative-writing blog yet. Some of your poems are still etched in my mind.

5. Lovely header. Very you. 

6. Your menu structure is good. And I absolutely love your 'About'.

7. Your interaction with other bloggers is wonderful! Guest posts, challenges, meme blogs - you are one heck of a fabulous blogger.

8. Love the page links at the side. Helps people navigate better.

The 'can be better' stuff - (and these of course are my thoughts and you might have a different idea. At the end of the day it is your writing space and you can do whatever you like to it, to be honest!)

1. It might be just me, but I tend to prefer blogs in which the posts are fully shown in the home page itself. Now I have been reading your blog since ages hence I will read your posts no matter what. But say I was a new reader, I need to get an idea what kind of a writer you are in an instant. Now if the posts are fully shown then I can read the first post and instantly be won (which is what happened when I read your blog the first time). 

2. Since it is wordpress, you can't play around much. There is a lot of white. As in, I don't mind the writing space being white (paper...white...I get that and love that), but can something be done to the widgets background? Because the blog background is not too noticeable and hence the combination somehow doesn't work out as much.

3. This is kind of continues from previous point. Fill some colour in the side bar. Because otherwise the sidebar is becoming very less noticeable. As I said...writing space being white is lovely, but right now there is not much colour around. And no I am not saying go overboard either :P Moderation.

4. The page links are awesome. But a little less noticeable. 

And I honestly can't think of anything else to better. :) 

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
11 years ago

Sorry to dissappoint you Leo. I'm new to English poems. So I'm unable to review your blog.