Give your suggestions about the future of ODIs through CricInfo Stats blog

Milind
Milind
from London
12 years ago

Amongst several blogs that can be read on ESPNCricinfo, the dedicated stats blog called 'iTFiGURES' is the most interactive, largely due to Y Anantha Narayanan.

Anantha is the creator of many analytical views and presentations such as the Wisden 100 and Wisden Ratings in the past. These days, he provides Ratings content for CastrolCricket and IDEA and blogs for CricInfo and CastrolCricket.

In his own words  'I personally feel that the reader-interaction is the one thing that keeps me going,'

His most recent post on Cricinfo is a blueprint for the future of ODIs. He compiled all the reader ideas submitted earlier on his blog, added some of his own and listed a number of ways to strengthen ODI matches along with the format for a World Cricket League (WCL).

WCL is based on the basic idea provided by Raghav Behani, with inputs from Vikram and Vishal. Anantha himself fine tuned these ideas to provide a structure along with a suggested schedule for the next 10 years which fits the existing commitments.

He has plans to persuade ESPNcricinfo to forward the same to ICC.  His words 'The chances of .. document being read by anyone of importance is, however, less than the chances of BCCI implementing DRS whole-heartedly w.e.f Asia Cup.'

There are a number of valid suggestions in the original post. Several users have commented on the ideas in the article while adding a few more.

The bloggers in this community who are interested in the game but unaware of this initiative can contribute to this project.

Please visit: 

http://blogs.espncricinfo.com/itfigures/archives/2012/02/odis_a_blueprint_for_the_futur.php

I hope that my brief note about Anantha's methods, his involvement with his readers, his tendency to give credit about original suggestions etc encourages this community to get involved. I am sure that every suggestion will be read by Anantha if not by 'anyone of importance'.

I feel it is far more important to bring together relevant suggestions instead of fretting about the outcome. In other words, follow the advice of the famous shloka in Chapter 2, verse 47 of Bhagavad Gita. 

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Category modified
Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Ascending
Milind
Milind
from London
12 years ago
My suggestions were incorporated in the main document today. The URL remains unchanged. This confirms what I mentioned in the post above. Still 2-3 days before the document gets finalised so interested readers still have time to add their suggestions.
Milind
Milind
from London
12 years ago

I used my twitter handle 'milpand' to comment on the original Cricinfo post.

LockSign in to reply to this thread