Ankesh would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://penningdowntheworldaround.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 40

Please. I need reviews for my blog.

Ankesh
Ankesh
from Raipur
12 years ago

People have been kind enough to point out the issues with my blog. I am definitely going to work on those. 

Please feel free to comment on anything you like or don't like. Whether it's the design, which I suppose needs a lot of shuffling, or the content or anything else, your opinions and suggestions shall always be welcomed.

Thank you.

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: added description.
Replies 1 to 2 of 2
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

OK.. I'll go in the exact order you have specified. Innocent

1. I glanced through your blog, reading the articles, it wasn't something I could relate to, though I do have a love for cricket, but a very, maybe extremely crictical one. I can't criticize what I cannot relate to, that is something against what I practice, or try to practice anyways. So that's that.
  2. My inbox.. well, I'm not giving a mail ID, so spamming.. donno. Cool
  3. Twitter.. not really necessary. I do have an account there, not that active.
  4. Again, revertng to point one, can't relate. Maybe I would learn something new, but it doesn't hold my attention at present anyways Smile

Now to my suggestions for your space:

1. The FB page link right below the blog name, very distracting. It'd do much better on the sidebar.
  2. Background: puts a very dark aura to your blog. Like a deathly one. Atleast, what I felt. Not that appealing, the black.
  3. Sidebar: very empty. Visit some other blogs, check out some widget options... 
  4. Followers widget: It might not work as soon as you put it up, but atleast, give those who would like your writing the chance to put ur blog to their dashboard reading list.
  5. Experiment with the blogger designer facility to make your space more appealing.. or if you prefer premade templates, then sites like Btemplates.com give you options for templates.
  6. Write more often if you can. 4 posts a year is a tad slow I think, though I do agree it is up to your passion.

Cheers.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Btw, in your Indi-profile, the title of the blog is shown, "Not Funny" and your blog's actual title, when I visit, is "Penning Down The World Around". Do fix that. Smile

Ankesh
from Raipur
12 years ago

Thank you Leo for the kind review. I'll try to fix them all within few days.

Deepa Duraisamy
Deepa Duraisamy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi Ankesh,

Here goes. 

1. I agree with Leo on #1 and #2. Move the Facebook page link to the sidebar and lighten up the background a little.

2. I think you can also play with the templates a little and increase the page width. Right now its at default. You can use up more of the screen space that way posts wont appear too long and put off some readers.

3. I would suggest move your About Me section to the top and then follow it up with the Archive. The page views is for your benefit, but for people visiting your blog, the other two sections help more. I like to read more posts than the one on the screen when I view someone's blog so Archive helps.

4. Also, I think the main title of your blogsite fades into the background. You can choose a template that gives it its own spot, its credit. Agree with Leo's #4 too. I also do not have much insight into cricket though I do cheer for a local team. 

5. I think the font size you use within the posts (for the body of the posts) could probably be a size smaller as well. The one in "Why people do what they do" looks good. I liked this post. 

6. I am the last person who should be saying write more because I haven't been so regular myself, so I'll say it for both of us! 

Hope that helped.

Cheers.

Ankesh
from Raipur
12 years ago

Thank you for taking out the time and writing a review. I was aware of the blog design being awful, your statements have now reaffirmed it. I'll be on it as soon as possible. Thanks again! Great help.