Ishita Goswami would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://igoswami.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 25

Looking for feedback on my blog

Ishita Goswami
Ishita Goswami
from Kolkata
11 years ago

My blog is just a reflection of my thoughts. I pen down whatever I want, anytime. Smile

Replies 1 to 6 of 6
Ishita Goswami
Ishita Goswami
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Thanks a lot for sparing time to go thru my blog. I would definitely keep in mind your suggestions.

Abhishek Ratna
Abhishek Ratna
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hii...i loved your blog...n will suggest just one things...

B urself n keep up the good work :)

Ishita Goswami
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Thanks a lot for the appreciation. I will try writing more such good stuffs which can keep you engaged in reading :)

Nabanita Dhar
Nabanita Dhar
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hi Ishita,

I like the content of your blog; its honest and straight from the heart...as someone mentioned earlier be yourself and write your heart out :)

The template of your blog is nice too but you could use many widgets to make the experience more enjoyable...

Keep writing girl !!

Ishita Goswami
from Kolkata
11 years ago

I'll surely look into utilizing the most of those widgets. Thanks for taking time out to read my blog. :)

I see talent in penning at it's ultimate. really great. design of bolg is also superb.number of posts is very less, like can be spruced up to many  more posts in a month.  though it's my problem too.

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
11 years ago

Hi Ishita, I'd gone through your blog, and this is what I can suggest. Beautiful blog name by the way.. Vibes.. sounds right! but why encrypt it with the ! and the $? :) 

I like the blog template structurally. It's simple and the sidebar is distinct from the post area (something I miss @ wordpress badly). The sidebar has some basic things like the connect widget and archive etc. But I can suggest these edits to the sidebar:

1. Reorder: Bring the connect and follow by email widgets to the top. When a blogger who comes from somewhere other than Indi, they won't be looking for the Indibadge, or looking to see if you are very popular with thousands of pageviews. They can take lesser priority. Then your profile, and the archive. The archive is at present a day based one.. As you post faster, that will take up more space than you or your reader would want. So you can make it the "hierarchical" one.
  2. Remove: Some widgets I find are not very useful for me or for you. The "i power blogger" button, and the "G+1" button are something which can be slashed I think. To be very blunt, even the Indibadge isn't an absolute necessity, but some do like that on the blog, so I'd told that to be least priority! There is a widget with a FB this and Tweet This etc right below your blog name.. that's a put off. You can either shift it near the bottom of the sidebar or not have it at all I think. 
  3. Add: Perhaps the "Top Posts" widget can be a useful addition to the blog. Or if you patiently do, a link list of the top 5 posts in your opinion. And the LinkWithin widget that can give some random posts from your blog at the end of each post. 
  4. Restructure: Well, the structure u r using is the split right sidebar. I'd suggest you can shift to just the single sidebar option in your template design. 

I agree with Nabanita and others when they say your content brings out who YOU are, and that needs no change. I liked some posts like the dedication to your mother, and the dance post.. I found them to be beautiful. Since you are still early into blogging, I suggest you can label your previous posts properly and use the labels to your advantage for future too. Suppose someone wants to check all posts under a similar categorical umbrella, then the labels will definitely help that reader.

Perhaps a different background would be good too, the pink abstract background you are currently using isn't that attractive I feel. Some trial and error would get you a better appealing look for the space. I like that you are interacting with your readers by replying to their comments too. That'd definitely help make them feel welcome at your space. Good work!

Happy Blogging!

Gireesh
Gireesh
from Chennai
11 years ago

You have a good content. But look forward to optimize the look of your blog. 

For tips on blogging visit  http://www.coreblogging.in/