asteria is here.. would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://asteriascanvass.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 36

keep your critics close

asteria is here..
asteria is here..
from mumbai
11 years ago

A doctor by profession with a confidential wish in heart to become a writer some day(successful or not doesnt matter),i got high on seeing my name in print and since then i have been writing....

this is a blog about random rhapsodies of a busy mind and i could use some feedback as i have taken up writing after a long time.

thanks

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: creativity
Replies 1 to 6 of 6
Himanshu Nagpal
Himanshu Nagpal
from Delhi
11 years ago

Nice blog and posts.... Totally fresh. I enjoyed reading your posts.....

Best regards,

Himanshu

http://beingtraveller.blogspot.com

asteria is here..
asteria is here..
from mumbai
11 years ago

thanx a lot himanshu....it means a lot....especially in this busy world....

saw your blog too...well a 1st hand experience of travelling is uncomparable but my profession limits my love for travel....but as they say if you really love it you will find a way ,otherwise an excuse.....

add some pics as well ...

regards

Dr.Ratika

Ashima
Ashima
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Very nicely written posts.. Also, a doctor speaking of alcohol and drinking ;) I like that!!! Everything in moderation is good! I think you can try making the font style for all posts the same, should look even better...You can add more widgets as per your blog frequency later.  Keep posting Ratika :)

Please review my blog too. It's about food, and i hope you love food even if not so much of cooking it :)

http://www.tasteandflavours.com

asteria is here..
asteria is here..
from mumbai
11 years ago

hey thanx so much ashima.....being a doctor im totally oblivious 2 the technical details...like fonts n widgets but ill try from next tym sure.....n ill definitely review ur blog as soon as i get tym frm my hectic schedule....

happy blogging....

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
11 years ago

Okay.. will put in my two cents on your Canvas.

I'm a little rusty with my review skills, been a while since I haunted my second or third favorite part of the Indiblogger site so pardon me if I go on a rant and make you doze off faster than any sleeping pills you prescribe.

I'll start on a sweet note by saying I admire that photograph you have as a header. Very clear, and the top of the (gulmohurs?) trees are so still and calming.. keeping the good things going, I'm liking the straight to the point, honest style of narration. It's like you are writing down what you would be talking to us if you had the chance. That's good. 

Coming down to what I feel can be improved, I'd say a smaller header would be much captivating. The current photograph is nice, but it shoots off the page, and occupies more than necessary. When someone comes to your blog, the photograph dominates. A smaller header, with a part of your posts also visible, that would be nice, so ppl get a little bit of what your blog is about. It'd be nice if you could title the posts, rather than just jump into the post. A simple title is grandly alluring too, dependign on the reader. Try it, I think you'll find it right too.. And you can experiment with different backgrounds, fonts nad templates that the template designer feature of blogger has. Get a look that you would fall in love with, than just keep the default template and backgrounds.

When it comes to the post, you use a lot of ellipses, a succession of fullstops in it. There was discussion on the forum a while back on grammar and punctuation and typography errors, as to if it is a turn-off for the readers. Most of them do read the post even with it, but it would be more presentable, and effective if it was having a correct reading pace. Like avoiding sms lingo, paragraphing the posts and the like... It shows your reader... "Yes, Ratika has a point, and I love the way she has written it. I'm definitely coming back to read more of her posts." whereas the casual sms-ey writing might deter the reader from returning, thinking it's just another personal blog. Labeling it, you are doing it already.

A reader coming to your blog might also want to know a little of who  you are. If they aren't coming from this review thread, and directly landing, your blog won't tell much of who you are, because your blogger profile is directing to your G+ profile, which isn't public. Maybe a text widget on the sidebar, or a page, where you share some generic stuff that's not very personal and secretive.. that would help the blog. And also, you can bring the followers widget to the top of the sidebar, so the ppl who want to follow the blog needn't hunt for it in the sidebar. Widgets... the general ones are there. I agree with Ashima, when you feel like adding more, depending on how often you post, that time you can add. 

Cheers & happy blogging!

Shivprasad Murkibhavi
Shivprasad Murkibhavi
from Belgaum
11 years ago

Hey hi...

I hope you doing fine.

Well i just read one of your blogs. For me as a reader, its not the template or the visiblity which would attract me, but for me it would be the matter and the content which one writes.

I felt that the way you describe a scenario was superub, you do have the skills to express your thoughts freely, I just would like to add that you can break the content into smaller paragraphs, as such for a reader it will be hard to read it in one single shot. You know , for a reader he / she gets bored and keeps on searching in between.

Anyways i loved the way you express your feelings. Keep blogging and Happy writing.

Thanks & Regards,

Shiv

asteria is here..
from mumbai
11 years ago

hey

thanx so much..well blame it on my hectic schedule....oddly timed shifts and loads of studies....

i dont get much time to write let alone type...but ill surely keep in mind next time i type....also i write directly i mean whatever you saw was directly posted without a rough draft or anything....

but now i belong to indiblogger ill surely keep this in mind.

thnx

Dr Ratika