Help on protecting photos

Meoww
Meoww
from Seoul
11 years ago

Hello,

I am looking to protect my photos.

• Is watermarking the best way to protect photos?
  • What is the best way to watermark the photos? other than Adobe Photoshop, MS Word? Or are they the best investment?
  • Should i copyright my photos?
  • Where do i register to copyright? Isnt that a long tedious process?

Ok, as you can see, i have no clue what i have to do protect my pics. Please Help!

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Ascending

I am user of pics from net. not a photographer. I have nothing to worry.

Punit Dubey
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

I am using Batch Watermark Creator, very easy to use and robust. It also gives quite a good options to use fonts/transparency/positioning - great customization stuff. In fact it also resizes batch of images. Resizing the image before publishing is another way to protect your photograph, thay way you always have the Best version of image. Logos cannot be put by this software, but that's not much needed unless it's about b*****ng. A copyright sign © is more than enough for amateurs.

Can see an example here...

Meoww
from Seoul
11 years ago

Oh, Thanks, will give it a try!

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Is watermarking the best way to protect photos?

I guess, it is.

What is the best way to watermark the photos? other than Adobe Photoshop, MS Word? Or are they the best investment?

I do it with picasa. Its good + free + easy . For batch watermark, I had used faststone viewer for a while before switching to picasa for more flexibilty in placement of the watermarks.

Dont know about copyrights. Isnt watermarking also a form of copyrighting? Innocent

Meoww
from Seoul
11 years ago

Didnt know about watermarking in Picasa. Thanks :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread