ashwin jain would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://wateveryoucallaslife.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 25

Pls review my blog

ashwin jain
ashwin jain
from mumbai
15 years ago

PLease review my blog http://wateveryoucallaslife.blogspot.com/..and express your views.

Replies 1 to 8 of 8
shaaaks psyco
shaaaks psyco
from Mumbai
15 years ago

I like your posts on Bombay.

Rahul Anand
Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

The theme is cool and simple. It gives the readers a good feel to read along!

And it somewhat looks like the new theme I am currently working on for my own blog!! :D

ashwin jain
ashwin jain
from mumbai
15 years ago

@ Ved.... thanks .will try and incorporate that

@ thanks Shaaks and Rahul.

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@ Ashwin : My first and immediate impression was that your blog had a lot of text but no pictures to illustrate the point. "Picture says a thousand words" holds good any day for blogs too

Your language is brilliant!

Your theme needs to be consistent : Meaning that for each blog post try to follow certain rules like

1) Font will be the same

2) At least one picture per post

3) Try to pin up one blog post always on top that gives the reader a clear idea of what you write about

4) Along with the labels or tags.. create your own categories on what you write. For example Personal, Technology, Poems etc .. this will enable specific readers to read all posts under that category as opposed to just reading that one post under tag..

Anywayz this is mostly a birds eye view of your blog.. I might have mised or misinterpreted some elements.. so do let me know what you think

ashwin jain
ashwin jain
from mumbai
15 years ago

@ Anoop : I really appreciate that. I too felt that my theme with photos and fonts is little inconsistant.Was juat little lazy.But then now I know people are actually reading it so will rectify :). More comments on the same are always welcome.Between regarding Pt.3 how excatly to do it? .

imphaldiary
imphaldiary
from imphal
15 years ago

Hi,

Brilliant writings. Your beautiful language skills add soul to most of the topic you write on. You clearly convey your thoughts on most of the posts, and sometimes have very keen observations on life and day-to-day things which make it very interesting for a reader like me. The only disappoinment I had was your use of SMS type spellings on serious posts, it kinna takes away a little from the otherwise good posts.

As for what you should write or not write about, I believe a blogger (who blogs without any commercial interest from his/her blog) should write whatever damn things he/she wants to write. In fact, that is the uniqueness of blogging from other forms of writing, here-YOU-CAN-WRITE-WHATEVER-YOU-WANT.

Look wise, the blog was simple and asthetically good, perfect for your kind of writing. The pictures accompanying the posts are well thought out and good photographic value.

On a scale of 10, I would give an 8 to this blog. Keep it up!

ashwin jain
ashwin jain
from mumbai
15 years ago

Thanks a ton Imphaldiary. i am really glad you liked the blog.As I was telling anoop too for SMS type writing I was plain lazy.Now on will be rather more pertinent about these issues as I know you would be reading it. :). Yes I think i do write on topicless issues hence categorisation is little difficult. But then what the heck I mostly write for the fun of writing and will try an improve on that only

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@ Ashwin : Great that you found a few points useful ..

As for Pt 3 : you can make one of your posts "Sticky".. There should be different options available in wordpress and Blogger..

Can any one give the exact feature where a post can be made sticky ?