Dove Contest: Beautiful Ends to your Beautiful Braids!

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Here is a contest on IndiBlogger after a gap of almost two months! Presented by Dove, the title is 'Beautiful Ends to your Beautiful Braids!'

Tell us your story about the good old days, when you loved to make beautiful braids with your hair, and how your braids have beautiful ends once again.

The prizes are also great- as usual there is a laptop and for a change, this time they have introduced cameras as one of the prizes! Smile

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: link
Replies 1 to 20 of 75 Ascending
Surbhi Bafna
Surbhi Bafna
from Delhi
10 years ago

Good news

Voucher is valid in Bangalore.  Gear up for spa session. :D

Ankita Singhal
Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Here is an important message for everyone, well everyone who won the DOVE voucher.

I emailed to 'feedback@bigcity.in' and 'dove@bigcity.in' both regarding that voucher and they replied promptly that IT IS VALID IN MY CITY. i.e. Indore in my case. So IMO it must be valid in your city as well. You can confirm it by emailing to the anyone of the email id. 

I repeat It is valid in my city. Smile Smile

PS- Do not call on the given no. before registering your mobile no. because call won't proceed. I tried, it didn't work (It might work for you, I am not 100% sure about that) So you'll have to email them. 

Happy Spa day guys coz I am gonna enjoy it. 

PPS- Thank you so much Saru Singhal for the spa voucher. I am reluctant to accept it.... Embarassed 

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

PPPS-- They are mostly working with the tie up spas, They might give you the list of spas near your residential area preferably and you can choose which one you wanna go to.

Super update there, now update your experience there too.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Rio, now you can make Spa Meet a success. LaughingTongue out

Sherna Jayaraman
Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

In this case, i dont think a SPA MEET is possible  :(

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Snuffles, you can have an IndiMeet with Pramod. He will travel to Mumbai by walk. Tongue out

I already started walk,  dude.Laughing

Lavanya T R
Lavanya T R
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Is the voucher valid in Bangalore and Hyderabad? Can someone pls tell me

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

question is- do they have their spa in your city?

or they shall come up with some tie-ups with other chains ?

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Congratzzz guYz!!!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Congrats for winning vouchers which we will safely preserve? 

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

yes you're a winner, aren't you?... even Rio is another one I know...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Yes, yes. I was a winner ( voucher winner ) and Rio won two vouchers - he is planning to use them for straightening hair followed by curling them 

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

are those vouchers only for some hair treatment and all???

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Yes, hair spa session. I wonder what people with bald heads do with this voucher 

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

why to worry...I've seen you're not bald...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I was talking about people who are bald. Wink

I might go become bald if I use that voucher... :))

Saru Singhal
Saru Singhal
from Toronto
10 years ago

@Ankita - Sure, you can have my voucher :)

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thanks Saru. :) You are the sweetest :)

Saru Singhal
Saru Singhal
from Toronto
10 years ago

Well, with 2 mails and many T&Cs, all I can say is - Whosoever will solve the mystery of how and where to use it, will get my voucher for free Laughing

Wow,
Two i have and two more, means i can get my hair straightened, then curled, then straightened, then curled again,
Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

@RIO: hahaha do post about your experience :D

Sure sure , snuffles, first i have to reach mumbai some how. Now dead line is of one month. So if i start walking today, may be i will be able to make it to the spa venue on time.
Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hey Saru--  

For How to use-- well book an appointment on the given number.

For where to use - A hair salon. 

I answered How and Where. Am I eligible for free vouchers Laughing

On serious note, from what I gather, One has to register their Voucher code and they will receive an auto generated SMS (If they are not registered for DND) then one have to call on the number provided, the person whoever answers will supposedly provide the list of salons of that particular city and yup you can book an appointment. Though You'll need to show the voucher copy and the SMS. And also it will expire somewhere in August.

And I am assuming that the second email from DOVE did mean that it is valid/applicable across India.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Wow! Rio is walking to Mumbai! All the best! Wink

Doesn't getting hair straightened, curled, straightened, curled still leave the hair curled? Innocent

Sure ranjith,  but hair too demand their share of excitements

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Rio: LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Laughing

I got one more query

I have this spa in Pondy , say **** - how to find whether this spa/salon will use this e-voucher (print-out taken) that I give them? or

What are the spas or salons in Pondicherry that accepts it? 

Any ideas ? 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

there is a phone number given on that voucher if u want to book, you can call and ask them

Ankita Singhal
Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I received this email as well---

Dear Customer,

The Dove e- voucher that you received is valid across India (Select cities). Enjoy your Spa experience!!!  Regards, Dove Team

-->I believe those who got the voucher much have received this email.  what is (Select cities)? 

Mumbai delhi pune, only.

There is a pdf attached,  they have too many conditions. 

And no encashment on  holidays . And 48 hours prior appointment.  That too will be confirmed later. 

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

But this e-mail came after Renie Ravin confirmed that he will look into it. It is the other mail, other than the e-voucher email. So I was wondering if it does mean that it actually is valid across India and that line in the e-voucher was a mistake??

Lets hope it is indeed across India. I am not in mood to give it away. I would rather like to use it :)

I believe every salon asks for 24-48 hours prior appointment. If you book personally even then you hardly get the same day appointment. Undecided

Uma Maheswari Anandane
from Karaikal
10 years ago

I missed this (Select cities) and wondering about a query (I pasted below) 

Now back again to the same start  !

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I got bored reading those terms and conditions. Tongue out

It would have been better if they at least sent a physical voucher. I would have preserved that for ever. Cool

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

You can preserve this voucher too for the rest of your life. Take a print out of it and laminate it CoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I don't want to spend money on a printout! Cool

Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Dil me basale, voucher ka SCREENSHOT!

Bhai girlfriend koi ho to gift kar de usko

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Or your mum?? or your sis... Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Snuffles I have weak memory. Frown

@ Rio No girlfriend. Sealed

@ Ankita My mom doesn't go to saloon. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Snuffles .... Don't you think that by learning that voucher code is a difficult task? Innocent

Ranjith now that voucher gonna attract some grand ones.Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Surprised .

Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

@RAJNI: nopes sweetu, i love numbers!!

Thanks indie team and dove for the vouchers.
Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Just received my e-vouche, and it says that it's valid only in Mumbai,Delhi and Pune :(

Why not Bangalore?Cry

Rajni sinha
Rajni sinha
from nagpur
10 years ago

Congrats all winners ---and yes I too am one ofyou ---a runner up LOL----now waiting for the spa vouchers ----the dove people had sent the samples promptly and in time --so thats positive

Manisha
Manisha
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

congrats to the winners! To my surprise , I am one among the runner ups. 

Totally unware about the prize system. No mail too.  I think , I have to wait and listen what  my indi-friendz are saying.

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

My first ever Indi contest and i managed to make it to the runner-up list! Yay! Thaks Indi and Dove teams SmileCongratulations to all the other winners Laughing

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

great going Bushra Smile

Nisha
Nisha
from Lucknow
10 years ago

Just the prize should be fine Smile

Chalo will patiently wait for a month. Exactly a month before I start 'shooting' emails Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Just the prize should be fine

Can't  stop smiling. Smile

Nisha
Nisha
from Lucknow
10 years ago

Any idea when can I expect a mail or info regarding the prize? I've won something here for the first time and have no clue how it works on Indiblogger Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Do you want the mail or the prize? Tongue out

In case you don't receive the prize even after one month or so, simply visit this page and see if anyone had received their prize. If yes, shoot a mail to Renie. Else, wait for few more weeks or shoot a mail demanding your prize. Wink

Make sure that you update your address in your IB Profile.

Happy shooting with your camera. Smile

Be careful of ranjith , he might grab your camera in Winktransit

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

And PL will grab it from me. Wink

Debopam Banerjee
Debopam Banerjee
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Heartiest Congratulations to all the Winners.....

At last won something (the spa voucher) in Indiblogger apart from the consolation prizes!!!

Namrota
Namrota
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners Laughing @Ranjith : "It's high time that all participants with valid entries be given a notebook / i pad!" Ditto! Undecided 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Namrota Help Renie get such a sponsor! Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

lol if every participant gets ipad....no body will be motivated for future contests as everyone will already be owning an ipad

Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
10 years ago

:)))))))))))))))))))   lol

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

Guys, have you thought how intense participation will be when every participant shall get an iPad ?????Innocent

Look at the contest that offers a 4 GB flash drive!!!Laughing

Those who don't write a blog too shall write some crap pages to create a blog and then shall participate in the contest to pocket an iPad.Cool

Last but not the least,shall judges be able judge the contest-entries  when 7-8 thousand entries shall pop in????Tongue out

If yes, then how many years it shall take to announce the result?Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Nandini In that case, a villa would be the prize for the next contest! Smile

@ Avadhoot Never thought of all those things! Surprised

Are you talking about 'Apollo Hospitals' contest? How do you know that the pen drive is 4 GB? 

I too have submitted some crap Sealed for the Melbourne Contest and they didn't send me my pen drive. Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

But something similar ( though much different ) to the 'i pad for all' thing is happening. When I first joined IB, I never thought that 50-100 participants would be given shopping voucher. But now, it's happening-  'Dove Braids' ( 100 * Rs 1200 vouchers ) and WeChat ( 70 * Rs 1000 vouchers ) But I wonder why the number of entries being submitted are not exceeding 200%-250% times the number of prizes

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

Main thing is the assurance, when there is an assure gift that is intriguing, people shall flock.

see how bloggers got crazy when every participant was supposed to get a T-shirt in the Castrol contest ! It was not any Armani T-shirt and at that time perception was -something similar that gas-station employees wear-only  perceivable difference was the presence of Indiblogger logo.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

But the number of entries received for Castrol contest did not exceed the number of entries received for the other contests held in that time frame! 

LockSign in to reply to this thread